Author Topic: an actual 'pause' screen??  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Tension

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • \ m /
    • View Profile
    • ART
an actual 'pause' screen??
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:19:53 pm »
okay so in-game the current pause screen involves pressing the escape key, and a small GUI popping up with an 'exit' button and an 'options' button. this is suitable as-is, however, I would really like it if when you actually hit the escape key it 'pauses' the game - at least from the perspective of the user who is opening the pause menu. what I mean by this is not freezing what is currently happening in-game from the view of the user, but perhaps disabling the ability to click anywhere in-game other than the buttons presented in the pause menu (like an overlay of sorts?? idek).

this would solve the issue where, when the Feral Heart game window is minimized and re-opened, it coincidentally causes the game cursor to 'click' the ground and thus causing the character to move (which is really annoying!!).

yeah feedback is appreciated!! u v u

? UN: TENSION ?

Offline Avari

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: an actual 'pause' screen??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:26:10 pm »
Those are great ideas, it certainly bothers me when I minimize the screen then reopen it that the caracter has moved, and ends up on top of someone.

And, like you say about disabling ability to click anywhere when paused, what could be better is having a check-box on the GUI saying "Disable movement" something like that.

I like your ideas, and I hope they are heard,

Good Luck!

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »
I'm not sure this can be implemented into the game, but that is a very wonderful idea on how to solve the "misclicking" problems. But, this probably requires the source code. Without the source code {Kovu has taken it with him when he left}, nothing can really be added or changed in the game sadly.

But hey, a good solution to end misclicking is to point your camera towards the sky whenever you minimize or click out the window. This will prevent un-needed character movements. {This is how I usually do it, myself. c:}

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Tension

• Curious Wanderer
  • \ m /
    • View Profile
    • ART
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:37:37 pm »
Those are great ideas, it certainly bothers me when I minimize the screen then reopen it that the caracter has moved, and ends up on top of someone.

And, like you say about disabling ability to click anywhere when paused, what could be better is having a check-box on the GUI saying "Disable movement" something like that.

I like your ideas, and I hope they are heard,

Good Luck!
thank you very much!
that is also a good idea for users who wouldn't find it useful! (although, I'm not sure who wouldn't find it useful!! ` v `)

I'm not sure this can be implemented into the game, but that is a very wonderful idea on how to solve the "misclicking" problems. But, this probably requires the source code. Without the source code {Kovu has taken it with him when he left}, nothing can really be added or changed in the game sadly.

But hey, a good solution to end misclicking is to point your camera towards the sky whenever you minimize or click out the window. This will prevent un-needed character movements. {This is how I usually do it, myself. c:}
that is indeed true, however I just figured I would post the idea in case our creator decides to return, haha.
but I never thought of that! usually I would try and remedy it by aiming the camera at my character so I would instead click them instead of the ground. u w u

? UN: TENSION ?

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »
I direct you to my thread about KovuLKD and the Source Code.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »
As far as I know, pausing the screen is only available in single mode games.
I've never bumped into a multiplayer game where you can pause the game, nor would I want to.
There is too much happening from the time you log on, and the time you log off.
Imagine all the people who would be talking to you while you've 'paused' the game?
If this was to be added, I'd suggest also adding some kind of status function.
But as any idea mentioned before, we'd need KovuLKD around to add them to the game.
RETIRED.

Offline xXTerraDragonXx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:37 pm »
A theory a friend and I came up with:

[19:39:12] Jakey: Okies. I just. Dunno. flails
[19:39:23] Terra: interested in helping me debunking what happened and how it happened? http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=54258.0 http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=37070.0
[19:40:01] Jakey: Jake will try
[19:48:24] Terra: rolls idk how this happened
[19:49:36] Jakey: So i don't entirely know whats up. The developer left, i get that, and simba apparently issued a nonofficial patch that worked?
[19:50:21] Terra: uhhh, rather, Simba made another version
[19:50:25] Terra: but there was a hacking a few days ago
[19:50:35] Jakey: Oh ok.
[19:50:58] Terra: ye
[19:52:52] Terra: boop
[19:54:32] Jakey: I haven't finished reading the whole thread, but from what i know about programming, you can't extract the source from, at least you shouldn't be able to, otherwise people would have torn into basically every single proprietary program, nobody would need to pirate photoshop because a free 100% clone would exist. So i guess that simba had the original source and probably was less experienced code ninja and left an exploit, or gave someone access who was untrustworthy.
[19:54:59] Terra: possibly. o3o
[19:55:38] Jakey: Orrrrr someone hacked the original dev's system and got his epic loots (i.e. source)