Author Topic: FH Game Help, Please?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Wowlfy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • be your own kind of beautiful ?
    • View Profile
FH Game Help, Please?
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »
I created my account today when I pulled up the Feral Heart website and found the registration open. I have absolutely so experience with the game what-so-ever. Today when I opened up the game and signed in, the background was completely black. I clicked "Create" to make my first character, but the background was still black. When I clicked "Start" to play the game with my character, the background was completely black and no one was there. Can someone please explain why this is happening? I tried again not too long ago and the same thing happened. I am really confused. If you can help me I'd be so grateful! Thank you so much if you can help. (:
avatar credit to art's original owner

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: FH Game Help, Please?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:29:47 pm »
It sounds like a rendering issue. I posted instructions to fix this for someone just a few minutes ago, so here's what I told them. It should also work for you if you follow them step by step. c:
You may have to just change your rendering mode.

Go to your FeralHeart folder, and open the orge.cfg file with Notepad. When it's open, change the first line to Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem.

If the first line already says this, then change it to Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem.

When you have the rendering mode changed, save and exit the window, and FH should work for you after this. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Wowlfy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • be your own kind of beautiful ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »
Thank you for your help! I followed your instructions and it works now. Thank you so much! (:
avatar credit to art's original owner

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 09:44:49 pm »
Yaaayy, I'm glad! Have fun, Wowlfy. c: And be sure to check out the game rules before you play, too!
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||