Author Topic: What happened to KovuLKD? (Please Lock)  (Read 15704 times)

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to KovuLKD?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 03:10:58 am »
Sounds interesting!
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline 17Cynder

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 04:04:38 am »
I've actually heard a few rumors that Kovu's computer has crashed, and he lost the source files, in which he never saved. I hope this isn't true, however this is only one rumor I have heard.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 04:07:39 am »
I honestly hope my theory is correct. If it is, then we could have hit a milestone for the progression of FH, meaning more updates can be created, including the promised prey and such. We will no longer have to wait for the return of Kovu, we can do this on our own, and the complaints of FeralHeart dying will decrease dramatically.
Actually this is quite disrespectful to all the work Kov put into the game by default and is the last thing you should ever want to do.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:21 am »
It really isn't disrespectful, actually. He left this game, and has no more interest in doing anything with it. I don't see why we can't take it into our own hands to update this game in which he has abandoned. FeralHeart needs some updates. Kovu promised us prey, didn't he? But he never gave it to us, he left. I think we should be allowed to have the updates we were promised. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 04:22:59 am »
Actually it is disrespectful to him, as it's tearing apart something he put lots of time to make for people to play. Just because there's not going to be updates for it or that there's no source code accessible to do so doesn't mean you should dismantle a game to try and do it alone.

It's like tracing over a piece of art and then copying the art style after doing so.

Kov made his game and he HAS his reasons for not giving the source code to staff. And that decision - regardless of how frustrating it is - should be respected.

He may not be around but that is no excuse to go tearing apart a game's code just because the creator isn't around to do anything for it anymore. Not getting updates is like the last title in a game series. There won't be anything new, but what was given is still around to be enjoyed.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »
If I remember correctly, I did not state that we needed to tear the game apart. I said search through it to find the source code, not delete anything. I suggested that we update it, not dismantle it. Kovu promised us prey, and so we should get prey. We should be allowed to have the updates we were promised, but never got. ~Vio

Huh. For once I agree with Vio. Why promise us updates and just leave?! Why make a game, tell a community you'll give them prey and whatnot, and then just abandon the whole thing! That's just... messed up. I say find someone to go through the FH directory, find the source code, give it to the staff, and update this game. ~Blue
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »
Now I feel that we are getting off topic, regardless of game now, why haven't we heard from him? Has something bad happened? As far I know, we have no way to talk to him. What has happened? Even if this we FH we are talking about, what happened?
dead account

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 04:54:56 pm »
Maybe one of us who has a facebook (I don't have one btw) could ask him about the FB game, then change the subject to FH to find out if everything's ok, or if he just left us? I'm still new but I'm just plain curious as to what happened.

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 02:34:26 am »
He does have a deviantArt that he is on, I PMed him once but never have been on since then to see if he replied to me.  A lot of conversation has been going on here.  No one knows what has happened to Kovu and/or why he left.  I might have a conclusion - Maybe he was trying to work on things for the game, but there is a lot of pressure.  Yes he has his own life, that's pressure too, but in our seemingly pitiful community.  People are constantly complaining and whining about no updates and how Kovu just left and abandoned all of us.  This probably occurred when the updates were told to be coming, and it may have just been a bunch of pressure on him.  I highly doubt that ANYONE here has made their own MMORPG, so you don't know how much pressure it is.  I have a friend who has made one  (she assisted in creating the newest Sims) and it was a ton of stress.  She had enough on her plate with her real life, and the game work made it a lot harder.  She almost quit, being unable to completely finish working on the game.  You guys just don't seem to understand that's it a lot of pressure, and it doesn't help when people are constantly asking about it.  Maybe if we would just forget about it, and have this community calm down a bit,  this will pass.  It has been a while since this was announced, and I have noticed that most newbies are making these threads, but seriously, its old, and honestly it doesn't matter.  What's done is done, just forget about it.  I am not trying to upset anyone, but seriously, there are a ton of these threads already and more keep adding on.  Its pointless to make another.  Just read one of the older ones of these.   And Simba and Kovu (I have heard this a lot) Know eachother in real life. Simba did not "find" the FH source code to make a FH+, It was given to him/her by Kovu.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
Good point, Woofkita! Maybe all this commotion (and the people who are complaining about updates) is stressing Kovu out or annoying him and he doesn't ant to deal with it? But at the same time, I'm still curious what happened. Just an FYI to anyone reading this post, I'm not taking sides or anything. I'm not trying to cause drama or anything. And I'm not saying everyone here is whining about updates either.