Author Topic: The New Life of a Wolf  (Read 2029 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
The New Life of a Wolf
« on: July 11, 2013, 05:39:53 am »
Type: Fanfiction
Character from: Wolf's Rain
This is just a story I made up for Tsume in a new life.

Chapter 1: Prologue

Opening his ember eyes, a small wolf pup looked around at the den. His vision was blurry, and a bright light lit the den. "Hello my son," the gray pup heard a voice, and he looked to the entrance to see a black male wolf.
Confused, the pup tilted his head. "My name is Kilkea, I am your father." The black wolf reached his head farther in the den and nuzzled the gray wolf pup.
"He's just opened his eyes, he doesn't know his name." A female wolf voice peeked in, and the pup knew it was his mother.
The black wolf reached his head in, his nose almost touching the pup's nose. "Welcome, Tsume." The gray pup then knew his name now that Kilkea had said it.
"Come on Tsume!" he heard an excited squeal outside, and saw another pup's head pop in.
He saw his mother then; a almost-white gray wolf with amber eyes, shove the pup away. "Zimula, he's too young still." She sighed. "Remember, he was born in this family."
The brown pup's ears drooped, and Tsume didn't know why. Pushing his confusion to the back of his mind, he curled up in his small, small den, feeling as if he would need to get out soon.
Sighing, he fell asleep again after his mother licked his head. "You will see the world soon, now you've seen the den."

Climbing out of the stuffy den, he realized he was to live out here in the outside now. Seeing his adopted brother, who was dark brown and named Unitra. Tsume had spent a lot of time eating, drinkng, sleeping and playing with his brother until they had to move. His mother was killed by a bear not long ago in trying to protect the two pups. His father was running through the grass, the night swishing through the trees with a slight light over the sky, carrying his adopted brother.
Tsume had to wait. It felt like so many hours by now, until he realized something might have happened.
Sighing, he followed the scent trail, careful to stay silent and hiding in the grass. This was the first time he had been in the wild like this.
Scenting blood, he pushed the grass away from his face and sawh is father sprawled out on the ground, blood all over him. Unitra was dead too, his bones all crunched up and blood covering his pelt.
Flicking his tail, Tsume decided to search for good first. He remembered watching his mother kill a rabbit once near the den, and he decided to practice that with other rabbits.
A hint of grief swelled in his throat when he remembered that his entire family was dead. Sighing, he knew that he should never let his emotions get the best of him. Tracking down a rabbit, he raced after it on full speed. It got away though; Tsume was too slow for a fast rabbit like him.
Sighing, he searched around, and scented a corpse of an elk near by. Stalking towards it, he scented a bear was here not long ago, and there wasn't much meat. It felt like days since Tsume ate, and he felt like he was really starving.
Picking out as much meat that was left on the dead elk, he even sucked it off the bones, leaving the elk clean.
Padding away, he still felt hungry.

Chapter 2: The Scar and Stray

Tsume knew where he had to go, and he knew that the place was real. He was journeying for days towards the place, until he saw a hawk above. It was circling, and he knew who. Panic struck Tsume, and he saw the hawk come closer and closer. I'm not going t be safe just by being here! Tsume thought, then started to run as fast as he could down the path he was heading to. The hawk was chasing him so fast, then it grabbed his chest.
It left a mark the shape of an X, but failed to take him. Tsume flipped back, feeling pain.
Getting up, he ran off as soon as he could down the path he chose to the place he was reading toward.
He knew he was bleeding, but he didn't care. He still grieved with the fact that he was all alone and having to survive like this.
Tsume kept running, even when his legs felt a bit tired. When his legs really needed to rest, he did rest. Getting up, he began to run again, not caring for the tiredness in his legs. Rain starting to drip down and soak him as he kept running. He saw the place ahead though; there were objects that reached all the way up to the sky, and so many of them.
It was the city. Finally! Tsume thought. Running as hard as he can, he felt soaked in the rain, but he was happy still.
Tsume was starving, and he needed to eat. He thought the city was a good place to search for food in the dumps.
It must've been hours since the rain had stopped. The city was still far off, Tsume saw. He had taken many rests. Sighing as he saw the moon, he plopped his head down. He was in a bush-like den with a brown dusty ground, and he could see brambles at the bottom, where he could see the outside.
Tsume closed his eyes, letting sleep wash over him until morning.

The preteen pup woke up, the first thing he heard was his stomach growl.
Walking outside, he shook his damp and pricked fur, then started to run toward the city again.
Tsume knew he was almost there, and the city was just ahead. Excitement filled him as he ran quickly, the great 'buildings' as he heard they were called just ahead growing.
It felt like a lot of minutes until he felt concrete under paw, and the scent of garbage filled his nostrils when he neared a dump.
Jumping in the garbage, he sniffed around for food. All he scented was a small trail of meat in it. Searching of it, he found a small piece of meat he didn't recognize. He didn't care that he had no idea what it was; Tsume just gulped it down happily. It didn't nearly sooth his starvation.
Jumping down from the pile of garbage, he padded out of the dump in search for other food. Sniffing the air, he caught scent of an unknown creature. Following the trail, he saw a small creature with a thin and pink tail with a dirty gray pelt and a terrifying face and teeth.
Growling, Tsume shot at the creature and attempted to bite it's neck. Luckily, as the creature started to run, Tsume put a paw on it's tail and bit the tiny body, reaching to the neck.
The creature fell limp, and Tsume started to eat it every last bit of it. Finishing it up, a hiss sounded behind him.
Turning his head, he saw a black and white creature with a small face and fluffy fur, long tail.
It turned away and trotted off. Tsume saw how thin it was, so he looked at his own frame.
I'm thin, and about as thin as that creature. Tsume thought with a sigh.
His attention landed to his chest then, and he saw a scar lighter than the gray splash on his chest.
That hawk must've put a scar on my chest. He knew, and noticed it was sort of the shape of an X.
His tail drooping, Tsume walked off to search in the alleys, feeling lonely once more.

-WIP- To  be continued if you like it! ^^ Also, Tsume isn't really the same Wolf's Rain character, I call this his new type of life. Just a fanfiction herp, nothing much... Hope ya likey~

EDIT: Here's his... themesong I guess for now. Tsume story is a bit sad, that's all I can spoil. ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHCsyOb3Rc
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:55:58 pm by Hugrf »

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Re: The New Life of a Wolf
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:47:39 am »
Ohh, Wolf's Rain. I love that anime. ~ And this, this was very wonderful. ~ I enjoyed it much and I hope to see more continued. c:

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:57:08 pm »
Thank you. ^^ Updated a bit in the second chapter, I have to go now. I'll update it way more later.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »
Very nice. I enjoyed reading your story. Can't wait for more!

Offline Compass

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Professional Lurker
    • admirally
    • admiralyre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:20:09 pm »
I really like it, lots of detail. I love how much detail is written in it. Reminds me of those days watching Wolf's Rain in Sukki's livestream with you. 8D