Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe stopped working when test maps!  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
FeralHeart.exe stopped working when test maps!
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:59:49 am »
So, recently I tried making my first ever map. I decided halfway through to test how the cliff I made looked in game. I go there and type in the name of my heightmap, which is a PNG. As soon as I click away from the text box "Feralheart.exe" Stops working and I have to close it, the little pop up box appears. I made sure it was in grayscale and 513x513, any other things that could be wrong? I tried renaming it several times, anyone know how to fix this? I really want to make maps and start a mapped rp I wanted to make for a long time now.
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe stopped working when test maps!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:32 am »
Odd. Did you try switchig rendering systems, running as administer, or even turning off water reflections and distance to 0?
Could be lag somewhat. Also, how about you try getting rid of some detail, that might help?
Did you try taking a look at watermillterrain.png's size and matching it somewhat if yours is bigger or smaller than it's size?
Hope I made sense and helped somewhat. ^^

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:53 am »
Have you got every word/capital right? But I think you need to save it as a JPEG/JPG File. I am not a map making expert, but I hope this helped. If you are still having problems after this look at Crin's How to make your first FH Map turtorial, and it might help :)

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:33:24 am »
I've had the same problem. :(
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline Tension

• Curious Wanderer
  • \ m /
    • View Profile
    • ART
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:21:56 am »
i had this problem before as well, and i think the one thing most members overlook is that, when you are creating the heightmap, besides being grayscale and evenly proportioned as well as in a .png format, it must have a bit depth of 8.

to find the bit depth of the image, right-click on the image and go to properties > details and in the list below under 'image', there should be a category called 'bit depth'. if the bit depth is anything other than 8, i.e. 16, 34, etc. then it simply means there is a large variation of grays.

to change the bit depth is quite tricky, and i only know how to do so in photoshop elements (not sure if the elements method would work in newer versions, either). if you do not have photoshop, i recommend googling how to change the bit depth in whatever software you may have. however if you do have photoshop, let me know and i will share with you my method to see if you are able to in your version.

i hope this helped!!

? UN: TENSION ?

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »
Well thanks for trying, but I tried all of these and its still not working >_<, Maybe someone else will find to answer.
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »
Bump, sorry for bumping but this is really important to me.
~Root

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 11:33:32 pm »
I'm not too sure. I'm very confused. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling FH perhaps and saving your files into another folder in another location other than FH, usually just the custom ones such as emotes.cfg (if you have anything downloaded in there then save it in another location and any other .cfg's) and media folders such as media, exports, presets, my_presets and screenshots. Probably nothing else other than those though.
Hope this helped at all. >_< It's quite an odd problem.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »
Yeah, it is, time to go copy my 2GB of custom files like maps and such xD, well anyways, thanks for the advice, hope it works.
~Root

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 01:15:19 pm »
Sadly, it didn't >_<
~Root