Author Topic: Experience Point System [Idea]  (Read 1817 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Experience Point System [Idea]
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »
I have an idea for mostly fighting-based role-plays or those who would like to add this into their theme. I notice that most role-plays base their ranks as the system to determine how willed your character is. For instance, the alpha being the strongest, the beta, below that, and so on. Or simply the highest rank essentially means you are the strongest and most tactical.

In a number of role-plays, there is an experience system put in place. With experience, you continually grow and develop in the attributes you have. These attributes would include strength, dexterity, defense, or whatever else you would like to add on to it. First, I want to talk about the stats and how it is influenced by the experience.

Now probably the tricky part is determining how the actual experience will be gained and how it's distributed through the player character attributes. If you notice in most MMORPG's, they have a system where once you level, you receive a number points to increase your stat once you level up.

Example: You transition to a level 2 and gain 5 points.
You then use 3 points onto your strength and 1 point to your dexterity. And you decide to save 1 point for later.

• A factor in gaining in experience is, of course, doing something. In most role-playing games you do quests and what not, but we do not have NPC (Non-player Characters) or anything like that. Thus, where the game master comes in (namely the leader of the group). Most groups like to have a spar as an initiation into a group, have the player's character do a certain task to perform on their own, etc. Why not set a quest in place for your members to do yourself? This type of questing-system can only work well with role-plays that have either a plot, set theme, or motive. With out a story or action/adventure-type of quest, it won't be fun to the person actually doing it.

Example Quest: Find a blue rock and gain 300 exp.
    The person finds a blue rock and brings it back, 300 exp gained.

Now before you level, you have a starting numbers.

• Sample:
    Your character LVL 1

Health: 200
    Energy: 200

Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 10

Exp for next level: 500

Now, you obtain the exp and gain a level.

Your character LVL 2
    Health: 350
    Energy: 350

Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 15

Exp for next level: 750

• A another factor in attribute stats is equipment. Equip a certain weapon or armor, your stats rise. Simple. Depending on the level or special property of said equipment, it increases your stat. This is simply an interesting place for those who like to play with items such as shields and swords.

Example: Random sword +3 strength   :   Random sword increases your strength by 3.

However you can decide your members start is all up to you. Whatever number points you decide to allow is all on the game master. Also, you need to be sure you understand your own custom system and how it works when instructing your members how to level. If you do not and it confuses you, simply don't use it at all, don't frustrate yourself. Again, this is simply an idea for role-plays who base it mainly on fighting, determination for power balance, and to reduce god-like properties for the leader or other higher ranks. If you would like to try it for yourself and so how it fairs out, please do. I would really like to know if this notion works out well.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Experience Point System [Idea]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 07:32:57 pm »
I love the idea! I think it should be added. But as a huge topic started yesterday, we can't do anything without the the source and KovuLKD. But that doesn't mean we can't think what it would be like. Neat idea ;D
dead account

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 07:39:58 pm »
Many thank yous.
:)
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »
Gah brother, why must you make me read all of this? Though, I do like how it sounds. Reminds me of pokemon, in a way. Great job. Leave it to you to figure out things like that.
gone

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 03:31:38 pm »
XD Pokemon! POKEHEART FTW
dead account

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 03:38:24 pm »
Truly I think the health should be different for high levels, because I have a character that has way more health than that. lol.
I like the idea though. Kind of like Star Wars the Old Republic with the swords and shields thing, but it's cool.
Awesome idea you have there. ^_^ Even though my brain is derping again.

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:05:18 pm »
I am in full support of this idea. The game is in dire need of stats or something to distinguish everyone so powerplayers won't complain, 'i'll kill you if i'm not leader *insert cheapshot here*" I also think the quest idea is brilliant. Every MMORPG that ive played has some sort of quests involved. Though it would seem difficult to have people make there own quests, it would be a cool feature, though i would have no idea how to do this. It saddens me that I think FH probably won't receive anymore updates, but like said before, we can always dream. The only possible way i could see to do this is on an Impressive Title server.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline snake_eyes

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:37:04 pm »
I love you for this. It would make the game a lot more interesting. Having quests would be a really neat feature.

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »
Oh, niceness.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 04:16:35 pm »
Thanks you all ~ And I'm pretty sure some people can work something out. My sample is just for reference. If I get a good round of people who'd like to experiment with this, I'd be happy to help out. It may seem like a complex system, but it's not. It's pretty easy to follow, simple adding and multiplication skills is all you need, with the occasional subtracting if you think you messed up something.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka