Author Topic: Which drawing tablet would you prefer for my art/your art?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Which drawing tablet would you prefer for my art/your art?
« on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:04 am »
Yes, just as the title states. I am looking for a reasonably priced Wacom tablet or something of the sort. My fingers can't take the stress of drawing with a mouse anymore. <-> Please do not go over $450.~

Also, which do you prefer for your art? c:

Offline Starlitewolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • ??? ? s???? ??? ?????
    • View Profile
Re: Which drawing tablet would you prefer for my art/your art?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:18:17 am »
Hi there!

Maybe I can be of a bit of help, maybe!
I know how it is to draw with a touch pad so let me tell you first time I could get my hands on a tablet I was ecstatic.

I know a pretty neat Wacom one is called the Inkling, which you draw on regular paper with and it creates a vector image while you draw. Later you can transfer the vectors on your laptop. But you'd still be um.. I guess 'refining' your work on your computer.

A lot of my friends use a Bamboo Tablet and some of them have an Intuos tablet. They seem to work pretty well with them, if you're used to drawing on computers without looking at what is under your pen or pencil, I'd say those would work pretty well for you! Bamboo tablets, from what I can tell, seem to be rather cheap considering the tablet I purchased. The Intuos are a little more pricey.

However, I can't work very well without looking down at what I'm drawing, I did have a Serif tablet but I was easily frustrated not being able to see where I was working.
I prefer seeing what I'm working on and I just bought a Wacom Cintiq 13HD. It's really wonderful and I honestly couldn't imagine working without it anymore!

Hopefully that helps you out a little bit!

Starlitewolf in-game.
Art Thread | Tumblr | DA

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: Which drawing tablet would you prefer for my art/your art?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:03:34 am »
I don't have a drawing tablet besides my Galaxy Tab 2, but I would prefer the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 10.1, its at a reasonable price and comes with a S Pen, it has a white design on the back and has 8 mp rear camera and a 3 mp front facing, if I am correct. There are apps where  you can draw and save the file.
But if you don't want a battery wasting pen, just get a 5 dollar pen that has a soft edge from eBay.

-Coda

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod