Author Topic: Hunting, Carrying, Den making, and Other stuff.  (Read 3625 times)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
Hunting, Carrying, Den making, and Other stuff.
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:30:06 am »
~Hunting and Eating
Yes, I know the main idea for hunting has already been brought up several times. But, instead of suggesting that we HAVE hunting, I am suggesting an idea for hunting.

So, when we think of 'hunting', we probably think of hunting in IT, right? Well, what if it was more.. realistic? Like, say you had to stalk it, and chase it down. Then, you could use attacks to bring the prey down, and then maybe eat it when you're done hunting. Basically, it could be like this:
CTRL: Stalk mode. While in stalk mode, you can see the scent trails of prey.

When you get close to your prey, you can click on it. Your character will then begin to chase it, but it is up to YOU to attack it, with these controls:
1: Maul- Leap at the prey, clawing your way onto its back. Then, you can try to strangle its neck.
2: Pounce- Used on small prey, such as rodents or birds. You pounce on it, and it dies in your claws. Good for warrior cats.
3: Throat bite- Used when running at prey from in front. You can lunge at their throat and attempt to sink your jaws in, killing it.

After it is dead, you can press 'F' to feed on it. (I know F is 'fall' when flying and under water, but it should have land use.)

You could also drink water by going up to water and pressing R.

Carrying~
You could be able to pick up pups, and 'dead' or injured characters. However, they'd need to accept a carrying request. Click on them, and then click 'pick up'. Then press P to drop them.

Den making~
You could be able to dig into the side of a hill by pressing H. Or, you could collect sticks or stones or whatever and build a den.

PvP~
We could have a PvP system. Meaning.. you can fight other players. There's the chance you can be injured, and when you make your account, you could choose the 'blood' setting. Meaning, you could choose whether to show blood/injuries or not. Recomended for younger players or people who don't like blood. For people with the 'blood' setting on, you could SEE your injuries. Like you can SEE your enemy's injuries in Skyrim. PvP could reduce powerplay.
PvP controls:
1- Maul: Lunge at your opponent, scratching madly at them and lunging at their throats.
2- Scratch
3- Head Slam- Slam your paw into your opponent's head/
4- Skull grip- Grip your opponent's head between your claws.
5- Parry- Roll to behind your opponent, slashing at their hindquarters.

Tell me what ya think in the comments.

P.S. Please.. do not bring up the issue of not having the source code.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting, Carrying, Den making, and Other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
Maybe if Kovu comes back :c

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:59:18 pm »
If Kovu comes back I want him to add at least hunting but carrying? Lets think this through a bit...

SPAM SPAM SPAM

The problem is spam. Someone could easily spam you wi requests to pick you up which would get seriously annoying -_- Perhaps in order to pick someone up they would have to be on your friends list? And also don't forget the size of your character o.o Kittens picking up full grown lions XD THAT would be a sight to see. How about in order to be picked up you would have to be smaller than default and to pick up, larger than default. Just adding on to your idea c8

Same thing with the fighting.... I don't really think that Kovu wanted a fighting/survival base game but I guess it's a good idea....

But there will always be spammers and trolls >.>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:01:38 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline gemsbokian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Meepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »
I love it! So good for roleplaying, and it would make FeralHeart more realistic than WolfQuest, and a lot less glitchy! I wish they had more roleplaying stuff like this! ;-;
(~><~(Meep!)~><~)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »
I personally like the ideas. It'll give a nice feature to those who enjoy roleplaying. Though, like Stargazer stated before me, there will always be spammers and trolls, but that's beside the point. I like how you also came up with the designated controls for each action. We can only hope that Kov will return to add this, though good job on your part for thinking of this.
gone

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:59 pm »
Oh, we won't need Kovu... -Le goes to hide in secret hideout of awesomeness-
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline emana00834

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I make my own choices
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
OK as for the hunting idea i love it its just like in impressive title (even if i never played impressive title i still know there's hunting) and in wolf quest just like hunting cow elks and bull elks,rabbits and coyotes.As for the carrying i like it,carry your cubs and pups instead to wait them while they run to you.And for the den making i have something to say..........MAKE A DEN IN MAP MAKER DUDE it's made of rocks and Kovu said there will be no picking up lost items. Okay i hope this will be in feral heart.

;)

Offline emana00834

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I make my own choices
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 01:01:44 pm »
Owe and i almost forgot as for the picking up request wouldn't that be weird!!! for example '' ''username'' send you a pick up request.
wouldn't that be stupid.YES of course it is.

:/

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 03:01:39 pm »
I have a solution to this spamming problem! eue Your character could be sent a pick up request, but there could be an option to turn off requests entirely in the 'Options' pop up window. If a member tries to send a request to a user who has requests turned off, there could be a pop up of something along the lines of; '<username> is not accepting requests at this time.'

As for den making, would other users be able to see the dens? If so, after the creator of the den left, would it stay visible, or disappear into plain ground again? Personally, I think Bonfire Island is laggy enough without a bunch of floofs drilling holes everywhere. If they didn't disappear... there'd be a warren of tunnels everywhere ::)

For the PvP idea, would there be any dodge or block actions? Perhaps even a run away or flee? 'Tis not always a 'fight to the death' scenario you know XD

I like the idea you have for hunting ^^ What annoys me currently is how the 'predator' animals in some maps think they'll win every hunt every time, when in reality predators rarely make a kill. Think of lions, for example. They need at least a group of four or five to have about a 75% chance of hunting successfully. Even then they do get injured often, hooves, talons, beaks and teeth of prey animals can sometimes be used as deadly weapons. As another example, a Giraffe, in one kick, can kill a full grown lion. Murh, I'm done ranting :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:03:16 pm by TheWarrior »

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

These are some well thought out ideas, and I'm sure a lot of users would enjoy them if Kovu returned and decided to add these to the game.

However, I do agree with TheWarrior - I could see a lot of users fretting about increased lag in Bonfire Island because of dens popping up all over the place.

I'm not sure if it would be possible, but perhaps hunting could be modified so that predators would not succeed in catching prey every time (ex. a move fails and the prey escapes). It would make hunting more realistic.