Author Topic: Markings, New Actions, Fur, Preset System, and more. Please reeeaaad.  (Read 2147 times)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
MARKINGS

Okay, so here is my idea for markings... I think we should be able to have three markings per body part, and each marking could be a different color, like in the Arokai canine creator. This makes it easier to make certain animal breeds you couldn't do before. Like, say, you want a red panda. The tail rings are dark orange, but the ears are black! You can't do that with the current markings. So, with this, you'd be able to pull something like that off. You could also make dog breeds like a collie, or whatever, or a calico cat. I also think you should be able to put markings on your wings, as well. That'd be a nice addition.

NEW ACTIONS

We should also have some more actions. Maybe a tail wagging action for canines, or a meow for cats? Here is my current action list:

FELINE: Meow
Hiss
Purr
Snarl
Calm roar
Growl
Growling roar
Flex claws
Roll on Ground
Flick Tail
Lash Tail
Nudge
Nuzzle
Lick

CANINE: Growl
Snarl
Bark
Whine
Submission
Tail raised
Roll on Ground
Tail flick
Nudge
Nuzzle
Lick
Wag tail

FUR
Now, most of you may say there is problems with this. However, here are some ideas.
We should have fur. Not textured fur, not a fur mask, FUR. Actual, legitimate, FUR. It would make FH look much nicer, don't you think? It would also be nice to have better character textures, and maybe improve the wolf model a bit to look more realistic. There could also be a 'no fur' check box. If you check this, then you won't see fur. The 'no fur' checkbox is good for people with bad computers.
Now, the issue of lag we must address. When I say fur, I don't mean use the actual 'fur' tool. No, I mean an optical illusion. You know Sims, right? You know how the pets have fur, yet you can have a million pets in your town and it still won't crash? (Unless your computer is really bad, but it isn't the pets that causes this, it is all the buildings, and cars, and crap like that.)  Well, that is because they use something that has to do with planes and a texture, which makes it LOOK like it has REAL fur, but it is LAGLESS fur. I know a modeler who could help out with that, and give the model some lagless fur.

BETTER RUN ANIMATION
So, I'm sure you all want a better looking run animation. Well, the current run is unrealistic, as cats and wolves don't lift all their legs at once when running. Or, at least the legs are at different angles, and some paws hit the ground before others.

MORE REALISTIC TEXTURES

The title explains itself... more realistic grass and textures. Let Brokami handle that part. XD

A BETTER PRESET SYSTEM

This way, people won't need to DOWNLOAD presets. It would be hosted on the server, like how they said they would in Aro'kai. (Read the Aro'kai FAQ for this... I don't remember exactly how it works.)

-MORE TO BE ADDED-

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:45:06 pm by TheFourLinks »
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Vio Link's Awesome Idea Thread(Please read and comment, you derps.)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:30 pm »
The problem with this is, it's kinda like we would be copying AK if we tried to add everything they had... But I would actually really like more markings and a lot of this stuff :3

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »
It is not copying them at all, it's just good additions to the game. They have copyright to their game, yes, but they do NOT have copyright to the markings idea. That's like saying FH has the copyright of having wolves and lions in their game, and that no other game can use them. Get it? The only ideas we are taking from Aro'kai is the markings and presets... which, I'm sure we can use that.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »
It is not copying them at all, it's just good additions to the game. They have copyright to their game, yes, but they do NOT have copyright to the markings idea. That's like saying FH has the copyright of having wolves and lions in their game, and that no other game can use them. Get it? The only ideas we are taking from Aro'kai is the markings and presets... which, I'm sure we can use that.
Ok :3 I still love the ideas<333

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Derp.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Good thinking, floof. I like your ideas and support it.
gone

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Most of these ideas have been suggested before. The fur one I havn't seen before though! Me and someone else discussed the markings idea a while back, and I myself suggested the preset thing (Along with objects and items) but everyone said it was impossibly v.v (I'd like to see them explain the internaet, that includes downloading to see new things instantly...why not feral heart?)