Author Topic: Will the oculus rift be compatible with feralheart?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Warriorread13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Its not easy being awesome
    • View Profile
Will the oculus rift be compatible with feralheart?
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:45:53 pm »
See with the new Oculus Rift have been coming out in this past year, I wonder if anyone here knows if it'll work for FeralHeart, because with an amazing experience such as that, my RolePlaying world would sure to get much more enjoyable :) so yeah im just wondering if anyone knows.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Will the oculus rift be compatible with feralheart?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 04:56:52 pm »
Chances are that it probably will not be. It would be pretty cool if it would be but as of right now this is the only information that is sure about the oculus rift and it's compadibility with certain pc games:

Games and game platforms must be specifically designed to work correctly with the Oculus Rift. Oculus is producing an SDK (software development kit) to assist developers with integrating the Oculus Rift with their games. The SDK will include code, samples, and documentation, and will be accessible to anyone who purchased a developer kit from the Kickstarter, or a preorder from their website. According to Oculus, game integration will begin with PCs and smartphones and be followed by consoles (much later).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:02:00 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline PuppyChef

• Curious Wanderer
  • uAGH SO MANY WRINKLES!!!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »
Technically, I think you could play FH with it. But, since FH isn't made / changed to be played with the Oculus, it would be pretty wonky and weird to play.

Offline Wolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 02:20:37 am »
I wish but not a chance seeing as there would be capability issues. If the game wasn't designed or altered exclusively to the device, the experience wouldn't be that great

Offline Warriorread13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Its not easy being awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 02:57:38 am »
Yeah i figured.. thanks though