Author Topic: Crashing?  (Read 833 times)

Offline sertraline.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Crashing?
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:15:28 am »
Everytime I go into any public map, the game crashes once, two times for Fluorite Plains before it lets me in. It doesn't matter the time of day, the number of people in the map, anything. I can work around it but it is rather annoying, if there is a workaround I would be happy to know. :3

It just loads normally until the music would change, say from the title music to the Lonely Cave music, I hear a crackle of the music and then the game crashes. It lets me in after giving me one Bad Token, then I can resume play as normal.

Lonely Cave is by far the worst, crashing up to 3 times before letting me in, I have only tried South Pole, Cape of Distant Worlds, Ficho Tunnel, and Fluorite Plains. Private maps, all of them, give me one bad token before letting me in, which is not normal. I understand a bad token is because of an improperly loading texture, and I would prefer not to have to re-install Feral-Heart if at all possible.

I do have Bro's mods installed, the ENB, Textures, and HD Wolf Mod, which about 2 days after installing brought up these errors. The mods add slight lag to my computer and make the loading time slightly slower, which is also because I am using a good chunk of CPU, the CPU goes back to normal when I close my Skype and iTunes. Feral-Heart doesn't like it when I open Chrome but I suspect that is more of a computer issue.

My computer is rather old and probably has a virus but it is the best I have right now, so I will deal with it. My main concern is the crashing, I tend to ramble about things, this is a prime example. If there is any fix for the crashing could you let me know? I have looked through the major troubleshooting posts and none of them have made a difference, if I have to re-install could I get some recommendations for some mods that make FH look more realistic?

**Edit** This started 2 days ago
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:19:56 am by Asyth Dawn »

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Re: Crashing?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:16 am »
I had this same issue when I had mods. Later, I was forced to delete all the mods I had.
All I know is too many mods can really mess up your game if you don't have a fast and newer computer.
Re-installing doesn't remove mods completely if you have them in separate folder, such as your Download folder. It also doesn't delete maps, Exports, Presets, and Textures. So if that's why you didn't want to re-install, then there you go~.
Hope this helps. c:

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:29:22 am »
Installing mods and different textures will make your game lag a lot. As you have experienced, lag does crash FeralHeart. Especially when you've installed quite a lot of mods. If you're entering different maps and you're lagging try these solutions:

- Trying going to Options\Video\Water reflection and untick the box.
- Also try Options\Video\View distance and set it to 0
- Turning the music down and the effects helps prevent lag too.
- Taking off name tags

If non of the above work, then try; Options\Video\Rendering system\Direct3D9 and relaunch FH. Not working? Restart your PC.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone