Author Topic: Feral City  (Read 6917 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Feral City
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:10:08 pm »
Got an idea, mi friends. A suggestion for future updates whether they'll be next week or next year. How about, making Red's wonderfully made maps, Feral City and FH cinema, maps that are included in the game instead of being an add-on? Given the amount of people that use these maps and the events that are held in them, I thought it would be a good idea. Especially for users who are somewhat new and might get confused about downloading custom maps. Of course, Red will probably have to give his permission for the maps to be used.
What do you lot think?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: Feral City
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »
I think this would be a great thing to add. ^^ It would be much easier with the movie nights and events. Great thinking Flob. It hadn't occurred to me at all.~

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:31:34 pm »
Hmm, I think this is actually interesting. But I am afraid its impossible to add them on game, because I have posted a poll kind of like your and everyone disagreed. Well, I cant be sure, if the mods could be kindful to see this poll and decide then there isnt a problem. c:

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 03:04:28 pm »
I think this would be a wonderful idea :D Would the portal to the map stay in Cape? If not...what map should lead to it? Just throwing in some questions, but awesome idea ^^

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:33 am »
Sounds like a good idea to me. It would certainly help with confusion (you always get a few people saying, "I don't know how to download maps!!!") I kind of consider the Feral City and Cinema maps to be unofficial default maps, anyway.

Of course, it's all up to Kov...if he ever comes back...

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:05:29 am »
I think this would be a wonderful idea :D Would the portal to the map stay in Cape? If not...what map should lead to it? Just throwing in some questions, but awesome idea ^^
That's a good question, I hadn't thought of that. Having the portal to Feral City in Cape would be easier since that is where the portal is for people who've downloaded the map, and they won't have to run around trying to figure out where it could have gone.
Or if the portal was to go somewhere else, Fluorite Plains might be a good idea, since that is where a lot of people go to hang out or whatever, and nearly everyone knows there the Plains is.

Thank you for all your opinions, fluffs. ^^

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline Alliegant

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Time waits for no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:37 am »
This is an interesting thingy.We can change totally FH,such an amazing game with an amazing 3d textures and stuff such.I think it would our job  to do this,Red is very busy I guess...even he doesn't feel good those days :(.
But,who knows,maybe Razmirz'll add an update someday.

OH yea an ideea for the ending,maybe the FHC portal can take Bonfire Island's place,so people can spawn  directly in FHC.Oh,I remember great times in Bonfire Island....

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:05:07 pm »
The problem with this map is that even if we count away the fact that the meshes are many, and taken for loads of different users, and they all needed to grant their permission for it to be used in the game, along with checking the sources of these textures and make sure it's all fair use.

Then it comes down to the whole thing that FeralCity is a very loaded map that would gain quite a few complaints for users with slowers PCs, also that all the objects within(even though reduced a heavy amount in size) take up a lot of space. Another thing to keep in mind is also that all these objects and materials weren't named to be official items in the game, so the object groups used along with all the objects within, and the names of materials is... quite the mess.

Sad to say, even if I can appreciate FeralCity as the map it is, it's just too much to put directly into the game even though it would be possible. In the future however, we might be able to remake a Cinema map in the game someway. I really do appreciate that users over FeralHeart enjoy the maps, the City map in particular took it's fair share of time to make. I really do believe FeralHeart should be focused on nature in it's main maps though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »
I totaly agree with red.
and to add to the point, Ya see, the thing is that FH is very much nature based, you don't get many man made looking maps. So to put these maps into the game could probably throw off the theme a bit, and as far as I know, Kovu wanted the game to be as realistic as possible (Hence his reluctance to put the wings in).
I mean, if you had mentioned maybe putting reds map pack in, instead of feral city and feral cinema, then I might agree with you more there, but even then, I dunno if it has meshes taken from other users? I didn't really see any, but you can never be sure.

So, as awesome as the idea is, this along with what Red said, is the main problem, but it was an awesome idea floof ;3

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:08:37 am »
Good point, Red. I hadn't thought of those things before xD. Wouldn't want to mess up FeralHeart's nature theme with an urban map. Still think it's a good idea about the cinema map though, since it's sort of like an 'event map' now...occasionally.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)