Author Topic: Dorian.  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
Dorian.
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »

Name: Dorian
Specie: Barbary Lion
Family: Amias (brother)
Loyal to: No one
Sired cub(s): Naveen
Nickname(s): Dor, Dori, Ri, Rian or Floof

Appearance:
Dorian is larger than most lions due to his ancestor history. His mane is extremely fluffy and it gets more fluffy when it gets wet and begins to dry. He's an odd mixture of greys, brown and purples. Dorian's usually known to be quite big and it can make others to be uncomfortable around him.

What's he like?

Dorian's cub like, it doesn't matter what the situaion is, you can depend on him to take matters in acting like a cub. Dorian is independent most of the time when joining new prides, he doesn't speak unless he's being spoken to or he knows anyone, he finds comfort in people who can be honest with him and can be comfortable around his large size and cub like features. Dorian is always loyal, it doesn't matter who the person may be or what they've done to him, he is always loyal. He keeps his promises. He has an addiction of chewing on others ears, he doesn't care who they are, if he finds them fun to be around, he'll chew their ears. Dorian's size comes with a big risk, although he tries being gentle he has a hard time controlling it. He often hurts people with his size, strength and weight, he only knows two people who can hold him and it's his best friends Erairety and Pixaditty. He's always got his chirpy, cunning smile spread across his maw and he finds it hard to get rid of it. He can be clumsy, he's protective over the ones he cares for, especially his best friends.

Things Dorian likes

Dorian likes anything with ears, he loves playing around and being like a cub as much as his hearts content. He likes meeting new people and spending time with anyone who enjoys being around him. Spending time with close friends and cubs, running and sleeping. He pretty much likes anyone or anything that can accept him for him, enjoy what he does and doesn't have a problem with him or his friends.

What Dorian dislikes

Dorian dislikes rude animals, those who think they're better than others and can't accept anyone for who they are. Although no one dislikes an attention seeker, Dorian isn't fond of them sometimes more than others but he does try and help them. He doesn't like others pushing him away or ignoring him it annoys him and can leave him frustrated. Doesn't like liars or people who seek out to cause trouble purposely for spite. Those who brag about themselves or how 'perfect' they or their life is, it makes Dorian feel a little unsettled. People who threaten and hurt the ones he cares for, people who are greedy.

Dorian's background:

Dorian never knew his real parents, he never knew why his foster parents Imara and Klaus found him alone. Dorian was weak, nothing but an oversized cub abandoned by his parents. He was found by a group of rubble rocks, caped in dust and mewing for company. It must of been days since Imara and Klaus found him, close to death and only hanging on with whatever the cub had. Imara, had just lost her own two sons, her first litter, gone. She was grieving, distraught and Klaus was feeling the same but they carried on with their journey, they were rouges. Imara a season younger than Klaus, falling in love at a young age and running away from a Pride who didn't accept Klaus. Although, Klaus put on a brave face to loss of his two sons. They stumbled up onto a mewing grey cub, Imara instantly wanted him, she needed him, Klaus also fell in love with the cub. They took him in, Imara had the milk he needed and they both would protect him. Imara would carry Dorian across the lands until he was able to walk, he was was nurtured back to health. Growing each day, Imara and Klaus was confused why he was so big but they debated it was his due to his ancestors but when Dorian was able to talk, they named him, Dorian. It's a name Imara and Klaus wanted for their older son. Imara, Klaus and Dorian stumbled upon his future best friends fathers Pride, Trigino. Imara, Klaus and Dorian stayed with the Pride for a while until Dorian was growing into his teens. Dorian met Erairety, her sister Terazie and her brother Deren. Although Deren and Dorian was best friends until Dorian left. Imara, Klaus and Dorian's time came to an end with the white Lion's Pride and they went on their way. Passing on through the plains, fighting of threats and living every day life, Imara had another cub, his name was Amias. The trio now becoming four settled down in a den which was beautiful although it came to a tragic moment in their life together. Dorian, Klaus and Imara went hunting leaving Amias being looked after a lioness who joined the company of Dorian's growing family, they found an injured Water Buffalo that was cooling down in a watering hole. The trio thought it would be an easy kill, Klaus took his turn first leaping onto the Buffalo's back. Dorian took a less decent place and began clawing and biting the Buffalo's leg, managing to get trampled on. Imara saw the danger Dorian had gotten into and lunged herself onto the Buffalo's face, clawing and blinding the Buffalo, it tried shaking her off. She slipped and fell under the water, under the beasts feet. She too, managing to get trampled on but worse than Dorian. Klaus roared for his mate and his sons safety, letting the beast run free. Dorian could barely walk, his pelvis and below was in to much pain. Dorian found it hard to even pee without pain. However, Imara had survived the trample but she took a turn for the worse, her now fragile body covered in injuries, dust and blood. Imara made sure she left her two with a smile on their face. As her mate placed himself beside her in their den, not far from their growing son. He felt her coldness, he knew she wasn't going to make it, curling his tail around hers and twisting it into hers, they both watched their cub asleep beside them, Klaus told him his mother was just sick. He watched her slowly fall asleep, he didn't want to watch her go so the brute placed his nose beside hers and slept, Dorian still awake came over and removed his brother away from her side, placing him onto his paws. To wake to a raging Dorian in pain and struck by grief, he had clawed the walls of their den, blood running from his paws as he had been doing it all morning, the lioness who had companied them took Amias for a walk before he saw anything. Klaus tended to his son, he told them they'd get through this together but neither of them did, not until one day. Klaus never gave up, as much as he wanted too, he had Dorian and Amias. The two things Imara treasured the most, Klaus died shortly after. Dorian was left to care for his cub brother, both distraught on losing Klaus. Although later years, Dorian still had painful memories from his past. Even one he'd have to live for the rest of his life, Dorian couldn't sire any cubs by this time. Dorian had left Amias into a family friends Pride, Dorian didn't want to risk losing his brother on their travel. His accident had left him infertile, until he met Salani. They had become mates for a short time and Dorian managed to sire a cub, Naveen who he hasn't met. Although, Dorian has tried for cubs, he still has difficulties and classes himself as partly infertile. He met Pixaditty, his Leopard best friend and settled into a Pride with her. He even passed by his cubhood friend Erairety, who now remain best friends and see each other daily.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:42:48 pm by Phatom »

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Dorian.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:33:10 pm »

It's so detailed, and I just love him.^^ I also love his portrait; very beautiful. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:52:21 pm »

It's so detailed, and I just love him.^^ I also love his portrait; very beautiful. :)
-Flail- I'm glad you do! Thank you Floof!

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART