Author Topic: Groups that lie....  (Read 3993 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Groups that lie....
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

For the groups that lie...
Been in one.
A... 'Realistic wolf/dog pack! Unmapped, Literate, Active, and with 40+ Members!"
What did they lie about?
They were semi-lit at best, the next day NO ONE was on, and only had two other members, excluding me and the alpha.
Just... GRR.

That's another thing: activity. Nearly all the groups or RPs I've been in said they're active. That wass either a complete lie or they started out active and it just went downhill from there.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:05 pm »
I don't like using the words "literate" and "illiterate", I wouldn't know how someone with a learning difficulty would get on if they didn't want to join a group were they used text chat. I have trouble writing long posts and some groups demand paragraphs as a minimum. I tend to stay away from some groups because they ask too much when all I want to do is kick back, relax and role play. One group gave me a raging head ache with the posts.

I can see pride making people claim to be "literate" when they clearly aren't, it's what's popular and what gets noticed. No group that "typs lik dis" is going to get as many members as a committed long term group. I role play with less experienced players a lot and you just have to bare with them, once they get used to proper posts they do start to use correct grammar.

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 07:02:18 pm »
You realize most groups are like that right? Nothing to do with their bio at all...and their RP is totally irrelivent to whatever they say they are like! Example: They say they are realistic, then their king is a purple lion? I've seen that. I don't think they understand the meaning of realistic and literate.

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 07:33:46 pm »
Well, I once joined a group and read their bio. I saw one part saying "We kill anything in our path." yet they were really nice to everything. They would make posts like: "-Helps get up- I'm sorry I attacked you."
I was like "Wtc?"
--
Something I did likethat: I once made a wolf character and I made her like the killer type and I wrote in her bio "We show no mercy, you see me and you better run." but I was really nice cause I didn't want people to take it as if I was going to kill them OUTSIDE roleplay.

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 09:11:54 pm »
This had happened to me before, and it is indeed a but on the annoying side. Countless groups I have interest in have either lied about their standards or literally pushed it too far in the process of gaining members. A bit of desperation I can tell, perhaps. Not only do certain or particular groups lie, but I've had members who "fake" their roleplay sample in an attempt to get in... and join in on a pack / pride roleplay session with many grammatical errors... Thought ye' were advanced...?

My friend and I have made our lit'le group.. and upon advertising, we have gained many members who were superior and exemplary in their samples. We bring them to an area of the Plains that served as a temporary territory, and settled down to roleplay.

Next thing I know, I see posts from those supposedly advanced members looking like this, "-lays down on the green grass and yawns- Hmm... -stands up and walks towards a member- Hi, what is your name?" Alright... No typos clearly, but you had a... more different roleplay style did you not?

After a while, they were the ones to accuse us if being "illiterate"... and the group just crumbled after that... Now, I don't understand why people would do this, but hopefully they come to their senses soon...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:13:55 pm by .exe »

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »
This had happened to me before, and it is indeed a but on the annoying side. Countless groups I have interest in have either lied about their standards or literally pushed it too far in the process of gaining members. A bit of desperation I can tell, perhaps. Not only do certain or particular groups lie, but I've had members who "fake" their roleplay sample in an attempt to get in... and join in on a pack / pride roleplay session with many grammatical errors... Thought ye' were advanced...?

My friend and I have made our lit'le group.. and upon advertising, we have gained many members who were superior and exemplary in their samples. We bring them to an area of the Plains that served as a temporary territory, and settled down to roleplay.

Next thing I know, I see posts from those supposedly advanced members looking like this, "-lays down on the green grass and yawns- Hmm... -stands up and walks towards a member- Hi, what is your name?" Alright... No typos clearly, but you had a... more different roleplay style did you not?

After a while, they were the ones to accuse us if being "illiterate"... and the group just crumbled after that... Now, I don't understand why people would do this, but hopefully they come to their senses soon...

And that is called 'Lying'
I did that, forever and a day ago, to get into a WC RP I heard great things about.
But after a few minutes in, and they saw my illiterate posts, they started OOC frowning at me, and one taught me to be literate.
Now, I never did that again. XD
But, a lot of people to it because, incase you can't tell, a lot of RP's need a RP sample, so obviously, to get into an RP you need to be literate.
So...
You gotta lie to get into an RP. :/

I now frown upon what I did, but that last part also happened TO me.
Again, in my old dragon RP, I had to RP sample IG, but anyways.
They said they were literate, so I accepted them.
When we went to the map to RP, they posted things like -Flies to cave and sleeps- or -Yawns and wakes up-
I ended up having to kick them, because a lot of people were leaving because of the illiterate person.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 11:17:27 pm »
Yeah, those sort of people are really annoying, when they just want to join a cool group, so they make a good post to get in, but then they can't do it well for the rest of the rp....any way, getting a bit off topic aren't we? xD

You realize most groups are like that right? Nothing to do with their bio at all...

Note at all! Not most, I have seen many trusted rp's true to their word, I only rarely find groups like these, though I have experienced them, as shown.
I'd say its 1/10 that lie, the majority of the time, you have good, honest, groups, with lot's o' loffly floofs :3.

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 06:26:31 pm »
I have the perfect example, happened to me yesterday.
I joined a lion group on my first Lioness, hoping it was realistic, since I wanted to put my research to use.
They added fine, the people were all nice.
Some idiot was RPing in OOC, and not very literately, anyways.
We fled to the temporary map to RP.
We didn't even post before the leader started blabbering about a TLK RP, since there was a Pride Rock.
Then they made a TLK group, and I never got to RP with them on my lioness.
I just deleted the character out of annoyance that they had lied about what they were RPing.
:/ People can be so annoying.
If you want members, don't lie or the ones you get will leave.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:38:37 pm »
Yes, it's not very nice, joining a group being promised a good rp, when you go to rp, you get through 1-2 lines and then it ends? What?
It's not very nice...Especialy if they have said they are active .-.

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 06:53:56 pm »
Yup, same thing happened to me! But, it was a group that copied our pack name, they said they were literate. I saw them Role-play, it was bad. Things like: the alpha walked over to the wolfs 'hi' he spoke.
I was like..okay...very literate.

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee