Author Topic: Voyagers of The West Star ~ Marine to Land Animal/Sci-fi Rp (Open and Accepting)  (Read 20409 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
"Oh my." Was all Amise could say. She stared at the giant bug, disbelief in her eyes. "You can understand me?" she murmured. Lost in thought for a moment, she remembered that the Weta bug had asked a question. "Oh. Amise's the name." She replied, still stunned by the weta bug. "You're fairly large for a an insect." The leopard pointed out the obvious, flicking her tail. "How long has your kind been around?"

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
Wyretta nodded vigorously, her long, slender antennae waving like ribbons. "Oh, yes yes yes," she squeaked. "Insects have always been able to understand the greater beasts. My name is Wyretta the weta. We've been around for thousands of years, but the birds and lizards are always picking on us. We are always hiding." The weta stalked forward, searching for Amise's paws. "Pardon me for asking, but what kind of creature are you?"

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
The leopard struggled to keep up with the Weta bug as it rambled on, its squeaky voice bubbling in the air. "Wyretta the weta." Amise repeated, letting it bathe her tongue. She tipped her head to one side when Wyratte asked what type of creature she was. "An Amur leopard. I don't believe you've ever seen us around here; I was actually shipped here for some reason. Humans, you know? Doing weird things everyday." Amise replied, gently removing her paws from the bug's grip. "I'm sorry I didn't ask before, but...are you okay? I mean, you know, with the lizard and all."

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
"Oh, I'm quite alright. A bit shaken if nothing else." Wyretta continued to crawl around, searching for Amise's paw again. "Don't worry, I will not bite you. I am virtually blind, I would just like to feel you with my antennae. It'll help me picture what you look like in my mind. And what is a you-man?" she added, trying to sound out the strange word.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
"You-man?" Amise repeated again, shaking her head. "They're these strange creature that walk on two legs. Can you believe that? Almost like birds, only that they can't fly. They can only walk, and they move around with some ridiculous objects that are bigger than them. They almost look like monsters, whatever they are." She replied, holding her paw steady as the insect crawled around her. "Heh. That tickles." She muttered, flicking her ear again. "And by the way, it's pronounced "hu-man"." Amise corrected. "They seem to rule the world somehow, I've heard they shoot animals for fun." The leopard shook her head again. "Them idiots. Soon, they'll have no more of us around if they continue to kill us like that." The soft chirps of the birds filled Amise's ears as she watched Wyretta. She wasn't about to expect a giant insect like Wyretta to appear in her life, but at least they had grown quiet comfortable with each other. "So, what about you? Where's your family and all?" She asked, curious.

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
"They sound awfully frightening." whispered Wyretta as she swept her antennae across Amise's paws, and worked up toward her powerful legs. "Wow, you're very tall," she stated before answering the leopard's question. "An insect never meets its mom or dad, and only sees its siblings briefly before setting out on its own. There were at least fifty others in my brood, but I don't know where they are now."

Wyretta began to climb up Amise's right foreleg, hooking her claws on the edge of her fur so that the leopard would not feel any pain.

Offline rainbow lion

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
     Swimming through the ice shelves after she had explored the hidden reef Angorra felt around to see if anything else interesting lived here. She only found more ice tunnels and very large icicles ten times larger than her own body. Turning her direction she swam the way her tracker directed her. After half an hour of swimming the ice stopped. No more ice seemed to go this far. It meant she was going to warmer waters. Sticking her head above the water a few seagulls went back to the frozen island of ice and blizzards. Clouds roamed off in the direction of the island as well.

Moath's breathing was slow. He had been resting for a few hours, trying to relax his instincts going crazy. They were too confused to guide him in this situation. Sighing, a small box opened up in the wall. A dish of raw deer meat was dripping tasty liquid inside. All the other wolves in the opposite corner quickly ran to it and formed a mass of pelts fighting over the food. Sliding a little away he watched them feast.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Floating to a rest in between a couple rocks on the reef, Nekoda wedged himself in sleepily. Bobbing motionless in the gentle current, he watched the life passing by before him, and quickly drifted off to sleep, one eye still open naturally for danger.

Saka glanced over his shoulder, grinning as he realized the lionesses had given up their pursuit. Slowing his short legs to a trot, he plopped down to his haunches in cover of the tall grass and dropped the large strip of meat. Immediately, he jerked his head up and burst into hysterical laughter at the mischief he had caused, always finding entertaining himself coming easily. Glancing down at the meat, he shrugged. Eh, might as well eat. He convinced himself, slouching down to sloppily down the chunk of hide.

Shadow flicked his tail, remembering the safest place to consume his meal was in his tree. Latching onto the baby okapi's still intact hind thigh, the black leopard began to drag it through the mud towards his tree. A nearby conversation caught his attention. With a quiet growl, he quickly heaved the carcass up the tree with him and set it on the thick upper limb. Meat now stored safely, he turned around and leaped swiftly to the opposite branch, creeping across it quietly until far below, anoother leopard became visible. Narrowing his eyes, Shadow watched, flicking his ear as he realized what it was talking to. "Speaking to an insect? How ridiculous!" He hissed to himself, rather in amusement. He couldn't help but chuckle quietly at the thought.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Star12

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile

Name: Swift.

Species: Striped Dolphin.

Family: None, she is nomadic.

Appearance: Got a picture!

Personality: Swift has the characteristic personality of a dolphin. She is playful, curious and shy at the same time. She is always up for a laugh, and can be quite a show off. If she is ever in any danger, she will always take the safer or smarter option. But, she will always be there for her friends when they need it. Living up to her name, Swift is very agile and fast, a great advantage and something to be proud of.

Island/Location: She tends to swim around the waters of Ferrdora, but often explores other areas.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:51:55 am by DarkPetal »

Amazing art by JimMoriarty! Thank you so much! <3

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile

Wyretta stopped talking when she reached Amise's shoulder, and nestled herself in the ridge of fur between the leopard's shoulders. Her antennae continued to feel around. To ride up here would feel so comfortable, thought the weta, but she would not tell that to Amise.