Author Topic: Voyagers of The West Star ~ Marine to Land Animal/Sci-fi Rp (Open and Accepting)  (Read 20630 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
The two lapsed into an awkward silence as Amise felt Wyretta snuggle into the patch of fur on her shoulder. Glancing around, she began to survey the area, wondering what it would be like to live a tiny life like Wyretta. Closing her eyes, she tried to image the sorts of dangers in the insect's life, but all she could think of was that mouse she ate. Shaking her head, she almost knocked Wyretta off of her shoulder, but she jerked away just in time before she even brushed the insect. At least she's blind. The leopard thought gratefully. Her tail twitched as she felt her pelt warm under the gaze of a creature, and she immediately glanced up. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to search around the forest, but the sun's glare blinded her, forcing her to look away. "There's somebody watching us." She murmured to Wyretta, her paws shifting uncomfortably. Tasting the air, neck fur bristled as she recognized the familiar scent of the male leopard she had encountered earlier. " - it." She muttered, glaring up at the trees. Her eyes drifted towards a dark shadow on the tree, but she wasn't quite sure if it was the creature, so she glanced away, uncertainty gleaming in her eyes.   

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile

"Who is it?" Wyretta whispered, fearful as any insect would be. Her antennae moved in even wider arcs than before.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
 Shadow narrowed his eyes at the female leopard as she began to glance around. His muscles flinched when she glanced up, and he desperately hoped his black pelt would make him hard to see. As she glanced away, he quickly sprang around, claws clinging to the branch beneath him with each stride. Leaping back over to the opposite branch where his okapi kill was still dangling, he halted there, lashing his tail. God, I hope she didn't notice me. He thought, shooting a glance over his shoulder.

Saka licked the blood from his dark maw, tapping his short tail against the dried grass beneath him. Suddenly, the loud clanging of metal against the earth nearby made him jerk his head up, rounded ears craned forward on his cranium. Curiously, he rose to his paws and padded through the brush. Peeking out of a dry bush, he watched in awe as the familiar looking two-legged beasts moved around a large metal crate attached by a large chain to a large hovering ship above it. The hyena licked his maw and watched intently. The two-leggeds talked to each other, then unhooked the top of the crate's hatch. The large metal door flung down onto the ground with a loud echoing thud. Saka shifted his weight from forepaw to forepaw as he observed the crate's contents from afar.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
Amise eyes widened as she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. "There!" she hissed to Wyretta, seeing a dark figure swiftly bound away from tree to tree. "Let's go follow it." Scrambling onto her paws, she allowed the weta bug to nestle in her shoulder as she bounded forward, scurrying up the tree which the figure was on. Sniffing it, she wrinkled her nose. "Male leopard." She muttered, following the scent as she leaped towards the strongest scent. Amise hoped the Wyretta was still on her shoulder; if the bug fell there would be no way she could find it. Tasting the air again, her ears perked as she scented the dead scent of okapi. Is it the same male?...

As she neared, she halted to a stop as she spotted the male leopard glancing over his shoulder, worry in his eyes. Panting, Amise stared back, wondering why she had even followed him. Breathless, she remained silent as she inspected the other leopard, surprised that there would be another one here. "Uh..." she stuttered, trying to glance at her shoulder for Wyretta.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
 Shadow flattened his ears in surprise at the female's presence. Immediately, he tensed into defense mode and spun around to face her, head low and claws unsheathed. "Who, are you?" He spat, his whiskers twitching as he exposed his savage canines in a growling hiss, tail lashing to and fro. He stood stiffly on the branch over his kill, ready to fight for it if needed.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
"Whoa." Amise backed up, glancing at Wyretta then at the male. Deciding to defend herself as well, she let out a hiss and bared her teeth, unsheathing her claws as she glared at the leopard. Trying to think of something to say, she gestured at the limp okapi. "If you're wondering, I'm not here for you stupid kill." She replied harshly, her tail lashing as she spoke. Blinking, she suddenly sheathed her claws and flicked her ragged her, staring at the male. "Why were you spying on us?" she asked quietly, not wanting to stir up any more trouble.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
Noticing she had sheathed her claws and backed out of an aggressive posture, Shadow lightened up a bit, but still remained defensive. "Spying?" He repeated, raising his head a bit and narrowing his eyes at the female. "I wasn't spying." He hissed, sheathing his hooked claws. "I heard voices nearby, so I decided I would check it out." The black leopard replied in a calm tone, eyeing the insect perched on the spotted female's shoulder.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
Amise let out a snort. "As if." She muttered, glaring at the male. Her pelt felt warm again as the leopard stared at the bug on her shoulder. She glanced down at Wyretta, wondering how the bug was feeling. "You probably think I'm crazy talking to a bug." The Amur leopard murmured, glancing away. "Well, I just came because I wanted to see who was spying or whatever on us, but I guess I found my answer." Amise told him, dipping her head shyly. "It's best if we get going..." She muttered, turning away to leave.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • actual cannibal
    • View Profile
Shadow huffed out a chuckle at the female's remark about the bug. "Chyeah, a little bit." He said through his chuckling, straightening up. He ducked his head again when she spoke. "Heh. Yeah." He responded with a sharp, but quiet hiss, lowering a brow at her.
sig by me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
The leopard paused for a moment, before turning around, her whiskers twitching. "Amise's the name." She told the male, before bounding off. Their "conversation" didn't seem complete until she introduced herself. Returning back to where Wyretta and Amise where, she crouched down beside the flower and blinked at the bug. "We should be going too, if that's alright." She told Wyretta. "Is this your shelter?" Amise asked.