Author Topic: Why aren't BANS allowed to be talked about?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Muggery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Pretty hurts.
    • auflodern
    • auflodern
    • unorthodoxie
    • View Profile
    • ALLURE | FH Wolf Rp (WIP)
Why aren't BANS allowed to be talked about?
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:34:02 am »
I never did understand this rule. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see why bans aren't allowed to be discussed. I see no harm in asking why you happened to be banned publicly on the Forums. If you personally chose to share your concerns with the rest of the community, then why is it whenever you even bring the topic up, the discussion is discarded and 'locked' by the Moderators? Someone (preferably a mod) please answer my question.

Find me in-game at : Muggery

SOMEONE RP WITH ME AGHHHH

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Why aren't BANS allowed to be talked about?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 05:43:01 am »
You don't have to be a moderator to answer this question but discussions on bans are locked and or not meant to be displayed in public is cause it starts to much flared arguments on the users behalf. something like this should really be discussed in private with a staff so the whole world doesn't know your banned
Discussion on Bans and Reports
You are prohibited to make a thread or mention in a post about being kicked and/or banned from ingame or on the forum. If you were kicked and/or banned, then it was for a reason. If you have a question about it, however, then you are referred to a moderator or an admin. As for reports, do not go and make a thread reporting a user. When you are reporting somebody, you are to send a private message to a moderator of an admin for them to handle it. Any threads discussing a kick/ban or reporting a user will be deleted upon sight.
The rules on not posting bans on the forums are pretty clear and for reasons is that it might start unneeded tension. Also as this being a personal problem that really wont benefit other users there is no reason to have discussions on "I was banned please unban me" cause that's a personal problem that should be worked out with a staff member.
So me being a person whos hung around here for a while know this kinda stuff. Long story short, if you have a ban or any sort of problem you need to get a ASAP answer to, send it to a staff member instead of people who really cant help you with this sort of topic .Staff will get to you quicker if you just leave them a Pm instead of a trend.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:45:39 am by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Muggery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Pretty hurts.
    • auflodern
    • auflodern
    • unorthodoxie
    • View Profile
    • ALLURE | FH Wolf Rp (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:55:22 am »
Oh O.K. Thank you Feareh, for the clarification!  :D

Find me in-game at : Muggery

SOMEONE RP WITH ME AGHHHH

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:59:35 am »
The post above really explains most of it.

There's many reason why bans doesn't really have a proper place on the public boards. In general these sort of posts aren't needed at all and can easily take part in a private discussion over PM with a staff member. Not only has it been proven many times that letting lots of ban threads laying around cause a negative environment and look of the whole board since it is a less fun subject to talk about.. But in general, we as a staff do not wish to sit here and explain publicly why a user is banned, what they did, why they will not be unbanned, and let anyone join in on the subject and judge what they consider right or wrong when they're not the ones that need to deal and look over and into situations. Overall keeping it to private conversations will also give more freedom to the banned user at hand to how they want to tackle it, if they wish to just share it to just close friends, no one, or even the lots they can do so in other places. But here on the boards we want it to stay clean.

It really is more efficient and nicer if people just simply contact a staffer in private messages if they have any concern regarding a ban of theirs. In this case it's all down to common sense, and making the boards more friendly instead of a constant flow of random threads everywhere(or a board) talking about bannings and their reasons, and the information needed for a banned user is better explained through a private message if they need information regarding it.

With that said, this thread can be locked too.

Former community manager of FeralHeart