Author Topic: Group Invite Idea  (Read 1713 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Group Invite Idea
« on: August 24, 2013, 03:00:38 am »
Ok my little idea: The group leader can let one or two others accept/decline group requests, or send group invites.
It would make advertising much easier, that way the leader isn't drowned with whispers.

Thoughts?

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Group Invite Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:15:35 am »
The members might let in people that the leader doesn't want though, and it could be annoying in some cases.

Though, nice idea. Never seen a leader get so many whispers but I am sure it does happen more often than we think. That's what makes it a good idea. :)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:17:03 am »
There have been similar ideas like this in the past, and I do think it would be nice so long as leaders are responsible with who they chose as their "second in command" of sorts.

However, thar be issues with, firstly, that'd be something we'd need the source code to do (just stating the obvious with that one). But I have a feeling that might be glitchy in some ways. Group has always been quirky in that sometimes it leaks arrivals in the group, and adding this might be full of unknown bugs.

That's just speculation, but the idea in itself isn't a bad one. It certainly would be practical if it worked properly.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:19:52 am »
The members might let in people that the leader doesn't want though, and it could be annoying in some cases.

Though, nice idea. Never seen a leader get so many whispers but I am sure it does happen more often than we think. That's what makes it a good idea. :)

The leader can always be picky with who else they allow, if anyone. And they can still kick unwanted members if needed.
Im going to use my current sitation for an example. What if the leader was not able to come ingame for a long time? Then they would want others to take over advertising.

There have been similar ideas like this in the past, and I do think it would be nice so long as leaders are responsible with who they chose as their "second in command" of sorts.

However, thar be issues with, firstly, that'd be something we'd need the source code to do (just stating the obvious with that one). But I have a feeling that might be glitchy in some ways. Group has always been quirky in that sometimes it leaks arrivals in the group, and adding this might be full of unknown bugs.

That's just speculation, but the idea in itself isn't a bad one. It certainly would be practical if it worked properly.

Im aware of the source code thing :( And its true there might be some bugs, but most things have or had bugs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:22:24 am by SilverFangs »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 03:25:50 am »
Well, exactly. But the member that put them in the group can do that again, though I see your idea. Choosing someone. I like that.. It is a nice idea, honestly, and I would like to see it put in.
Though, White did cover up a few important stuff to know that I agree might be something, such as group glitches.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 03:56:21 am »
I think this would be rather helpful (glitches aside), as I have been and still am often swarmed by whispers when I am the only one recruiting for a popular species (such as the only wolf pack recruiting at 'wolf rush-hour' as I call it ^^'). My only concern would be the decisions the second in command members would make, such as letting trolls join on accident or kicking the wrong person if kicking powress was given to them.

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:15:49 am »
I think this would be rather helpful (glitches aside), as I have been and still am often swarmed by whispers when I am the only one recruiting for a popular species (such as the only wolf pack recruiting at 'wolf rush-hour' as I call it ^^'). My only concern would be the decisions the second in command members would make, such as letting trolls join on accident or kicking the wrong person if kicking powress was given to them.
Kicking powers would still be kept to the alpha. As for accidentally letting in trolls, even the leader could do that. And as long as the leader is picky on who they allow to invite, it shouldnt be much a problem.