Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Books!
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »
What is your favorite book? Whats your favorite genre? Who is your favorite author?

BOOKS ARE AWESOME

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:39:23 pm by SilverFangs »

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Books!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:05 am »
:o Making me choose favourites is just cruel. But I can say I like reading fantasy stories mostly, things with dragons and other mythical things in. The Inheritance Cycle, The Hobbit, and books centered around animals like The Sight by David Clement-Davies and Wolves of the Beyond. xD I don't care if it's a kids book, I like it!
I could go on forever about books, I love them :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline .Flappa-Boom.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »
*highfive* I adore reading, too. My favorite books are the Harry Potter books, which are seven.

Now I'm reading the last one, I almost ended it. I adore them all, but my very favorite one is the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. My favorite author is J. K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books. I've been asking myself many times how she could think of everything in the book - such unique descriptions, the plot, every single character in the book, even names. She's a human with a huge imagination I have to admit.

Before I started to read the books, I first watched all the Harry Potter movies based on the books. I was so amazed of them, I watched them constantly, I thought they are much better than the books (dumb I was), I refused each time when my sister offered me to read the books (my sister has all the Harry Potter books, actually she addicted me to them :D ). Finally I decided to try, and when I finished reading just the first one, I felt totally disappointed of the movies (I like them anyways).

My second favorite book is The Neverending Story. I was also disappointed of its movie and now I prefer books much more than movies.

Honestly, I've never been reading more interesting and unique book than Harry Potter. :)
"Go to sleep, my dear. I don't bite a lot. I'll just grab my dagger and drive its blade upon your neck... A slight push at the end, enough to rip the head off from the last muscle..."

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:20:16 am »
I think there was a similar topic somewhere lingering in the discussion boards but ah well.

My favorite author thus far would have to be James Patterson.
My favorite genre of books would be pretty much non-fiction for the most part.
Favorite books:

All I got thus far.
gone

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38:32 am »
:o Making me choose favourites is just cruel. But I can say I like reading fantasy stories mostly, things with dragons and other mythical things in. The Inheritance Cycle, The Hobbit, and books centered around animals like The Sight by David Clement-Davies and Wolves of the Beyond. xD I don't care if it's a kids book, I like it!
I could go on forever about books, I love them :)

Im reading Inheritance right now :) I love it! And the hobbit is awesome, Im dying for the 2nd movie to come out! :D
I think there was a similar topic somewhere lingering in the discussion boards but ah well.

Favorite books:

All I got thus far.
Nice book list, Ive read a few :)
*highfive* I adore reading, too. My favorite books are the Harry Potter books, which are seven.

Now I'm reading the last one, I almost ended it. I adore them all, but my very favorite one is the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. My favorite author is J. K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books. I've been asking myself many times how she could think of everything in the book - such unique descriptions, the plot, every single character in the book, even names. She's a human with a huge imagination I have to admit.

Before I started to read the books, I first watched all the Harry Potter movies based on the books. I was so amazed of them, I watched them constantly, I thought they are much better than the books (dumb I was), I refused each time when my sister offered me to read the books (my sister has all the Harry Potter books, actually she addicted me to them :D ). Finally I decided to try, and when I finished reading just the first one, I felt totally disappointed of the movies (I like them anyways).

My second favorite book is The Neverending Story. I was also disappointed of its movie and now I prefer books much more than movies.

Honestly, I've never been reading more interesting and unique book than Harry Potter. :)
I love all the easter eggs she put in the books :) Harry Potter is amazing, but It drives me crazy that rowling refuses to give a straight awnser on whether she is going to write more Harry potter :) I am rather disappointed in ylthe moives though

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:57 am »

Favorite books:

All I got thus far.

Vespian, I have to say it. I love you. Fell and Fire Bringer were just wonderful. :D

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline MysticHeart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:41 pm »
well... I do like the warriors series, but my Fav. book is " The Familiars " I <3 Fantasy, magic, and adventer books :3