Author Topic: "Movie not found" Error  (Read 4237 times)

Offline TigressAssassin

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
"Movie not found" Error
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:15:09 pm »
After being online for more than 30 minutes, movie clips start to fail for me. It tells me "Could not find movie (Numbers)." I'm not sure if this client side or server side. I could use a bit of advice on how to solve it. Thanks!

Offline wolfheart12617

• Forum Newcomer
  • The heart of a wolf
    • View Profile
Re: "Movie not found" Error
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 07:19:26 pm »
It happens to me as well on a certain character, a day later it lets me watch movies again
Inside I am a Wolf lover but on the outside I love Felines so much

Offline TigressAssassin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »
Alright so it isn't just me. I wonder if there's an error in our files making it impossible to read movies? Like, the code fails after a certain point? Just speculation..

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »
It is usually caused by expanding the chat area. Sometimes you might do it on accident. Just restart your FH and you should be fine.
shhh noone knows me

Offline TigressAssassin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:29:59 pm »
Alright thanks~ ^^

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »
I am glad I could help :3
Also I really hope it helped chu <3
shhh noone knows me

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:17:12 am »
Bumping it because I have the same problem and the first thing I always do to make my rp experience more comfortable, is making the chatbox a little more narrow and expand it towards the top to see more of the chats. Which means once I did that, the movies tend to fail for me as well.
The staff thinking of fixing it sometime?

And please for the love of the god, dont tell me to 'not bump old topics'. For one, it isnt years old, I have the exact same problem and I really dont think I need to open a separate thread for the exact same problem... -sigh-

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:26:03 am »
Bumping it because I have the same problem and the first thing I always do to make my rp experience more comfortable, is making the chatbox a little more narrow and expand it towards the top to see more of the chats. Which means once I did that, the movies tend to fail for me as well.
The staff thinking of fixing it sometime?

And please for the love of the god, dont tell me to 'not bump old topics'. For one, it isnt years old, I have the exact same problem and I really dont think I need to open a separate thread for the exact same problem... -sigh-

Have you already tried restarting your game?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 08:58:18 am »
As I said, I always stretch the chatbox, so restarting it every time I want to watch a movie clip, then stretching the chatbox, then attempting to watch a movie while I chat, then restarting again is a rather annoying process, dont you think? I simply like my chatbox bigger so I can read more, especially when there are a lot of people.

I guess they should fix this simple error is all. I havent seen an update for ages... There are a lot of bugs waiting for a fix.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »
If there was a source code to access and people all around being just a tad bit more helpful when it comes to caring and taking care of FH I'm sure someone somewhere would be able to help and do something.

But as most should know by now is that the staff keeps the game up and alive and in no way can change the game itself more than modding it like most other users out there, we are and always have been very limited when it comes to changing the game itself. As far as I can see this error, it's caused by the client itself and I don't think the server can just out of the blue tell if a chat is big or small, or what causes this to happen, feel free correct me if I'm wrong of course since I do not have any knowledge into how the game was made with this very function in the first place.

But at the current date and time this shouldn't be seen as a staff issue by anyone, as much as we'd want to see fixes and try to help and sort it out I honestly don't think there's anything we can do to fix the issue that is said we should fix, of course I can double check with Raz if there might be anything he could work around but I do not think there is any server sided fix for this particular issue.
Former community manager of FeralHeart