Author Topic: No... You're not an alpha...  (Read 2176 times)

AlphaEclipse

No... You're not an alpha...
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:14:52 am »
Hay people. I have a new rant discussion for today! I was sitting in Bonfire minding my own business when a wolf walks up to me with the name 'Shadow M Alpha'. I normally look through bios to find out more about the character, I noticed that he wasn't in a pack/group/RP. Umm... How are you an alpha then...? Alphas are leaders of wolf packs. Then betas, gammas, deltas, etc. If your not in a group, how could you be an alpha then? I see this ALL THE TIME in Bonfire island. It's just one of those pet peeves I have, along with females calling themselves 'alphess'... Well, 'alphess' isn't even a word. It drives me crazy when I see this. I have nothing against people putting the word 'alpha' in their name if they are an alpha of a pack, but when you put it in your name just to find a mate, or to seem 'tough', It's just not right.

Anyone else feel this way?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:10:34 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: No... You're not an alpha...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:35:42 am »
Hmmm... I don't know what to think of this, since something like this never really crossed my mind before. The only thing I can think is they are probably trying to find suitable candidates to join their pack before they actually make a group for it. Or maybe they are the kind of person that doesn't want to make a group roleplay. Maybe they are only being an alpha for a day.
I honestly see nothing wrong with it really. Let them name their character whatever they want. Who are we to tell them they can't put "alpha" in their name, even if they don't have a pack? It's no one's concern.
Inactive

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:12 am »
Alpha wolves are always the dominants of the pack, so I guess by putting 'Alpha' in their name it means that they're a relatively dominant wolf. It could also just mean they would like to start a pack, and (obviously) being an alpha is the way to start a pack. Or maybe, like Lazy Alizarin said, they just want to be alpha for a day. I personally think that it isn't needed unless they are actually starting a pack, but they have their own reasons not said. 'Alphess' I know is not a word but I use it, mainly because it sounds feminine and people created it so that they could have a word for a male alpha and a female alpha.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:16:44 am »
Hmmm... I don't know what to think of this, since something like this never really crossed my mind before. The only thing I can think is they are probably trying to find suitable candidates to join their pack before they actually make a group for it. Or maybe they are the kind of person that doesn't want to make a group roleplay. Maybe they are only being an alpha for a day.
I honestly see nothing wrong with it really. Let them name their character whatever they want. Who are we to tell them they can't put "alpha" in their name, even if they don't have a pack? It's no one's concern.

I guess finding candidates for a new pack is a good point, but I usually don't see them starting packs/groups. I usually just see them at mate centers looking for a mate (maybe an RP partner?), but not all of them are the same. I guess everyone has there own opinions on this subject.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:19:33 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline AlphaMaleCourage

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 01:39:30 am »
Wail, Alphess is a word. BUT you see people spelling it wrong, and that gets you all tense Anyway. I agree with you, Eclipse. I've known of some noobs who like, treated me like I was dirt and bossed random people around. I as usual say something, and of course, I get cursed out. :D That's pretty much how I feel about this. All They are are just know-it-alls who beg for someone to join their pack so that way they cun talk liek dis and bos u arond. I say that they usually should be avoided or maybe defend whomever they're begging, just because they are most likely spammers.

That's just the majority of some people. Some players, like le "Foxey Lady" had said are because of the wanting to start a pack, and don't wanna change there name later just because they can jump into RP. And Maybe they just didn't make a group yet. :3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:43:05 am by PsychoJensen »
The Puppy Eyes Don't-

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 02:11:39 am »
THIS.

This annoys me so much, i can understand completely! oh my gosh!
just because we add ess to the end of lion to make it a female doesn't mean we add ess to the end of EVERYTHING to make it female

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:46:17 am »
I get what you're thinking Zady. Some people add ess to the end of their name so people understand that their character is female. I personally see nothing wrong with it. They have every right to put ess in their name as we do.

Now to get back on-topic.

I personally don't see anything annoying about the alphas in Bonfire. I mean, maybe they are doing it for fun or trying to look for people to join a group. I also hate people who jump to conclusions and say mean things about them. I was with an 'Alpha' character, and it looked like he came from Fluorite, he was literate. Unless they actually come up to your character and talk lyk dis and tri tu bos u aroud then I might either run away or block them, run away, then unblock them.
 Lady Alizarin is right also. Unless a mod/admin says otherwise, they have all rights to put Alpha in their name.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 11:42:02 am »
It doesn't bother me too much. Maybe they're planning on making a group and want to be the leader? I don't pay too much attention to the stuff people put in name tags. xD However, the word 'alphess' does annoy me; there's no such thing! There alpha male, and alpha female. (Or dominant male and female). No crazy made up words. It's a bit sad though if people are putting these things in their name tags for attention or to make people like them. People should like characters for their personalities, not their ranks. Same with real-life.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 01:04:25 pm »
Normally when I see this happening in Bonfire, I just get a little frustrated with the 'Alphess' characters and walk away. Many times though, I've noticed that when two group/packless Alpha characters meet through the Mate Center, they normally go sit in a corner some where and have a RP about starting a pack together. Perhaps they knew they were starting a group, and didn't want to make the extra trip to change their tag? I don't know for sure of course, but seemingly whenever an Alpha character appears in Bonfire, they seem to think they have special powers or strengths and try to murder all the horses by themselves. We may never know for sure all the oddities of Bonfire x3

~End Rant~

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »
It's a bit sad though if people are putting these things in their name tags for attention or to make people like them. People should like characters for their personalities, not their ranks. Same with real-life.
I couldn't agree more Flobster.
Normally when I see this happening in Bonfire, I just get a little frustrated with the 'Alphess' characters and walk away. Many times though, I've noticed that when two group/packless Alpha characters meet through the Mate Center, they normally go sit in a corner some where and have a RP about starting a pack together. Perhaps they knew they were starting a group, and didn't want to make the extra trip to change their tag? I don't know for sure of course, but seemingly whenever an Alpha character appears in Bonfire, they seem to think they have special powers or strengths and try to murder all the horses by themselves. We may never know for sure all the oddities of Bonfire x3

~End Rant~
Those poor horses.. xD I see that sometimes also, but not as much anymore which I find strange. I once started a 'mini pack' in Bonfire when I first started playing Feral Heart, but I didn't use the word 'alphess' in my tag/name. (I normally play as female characters) When I first started I seldom saw the word 'alphess' in tags but now I see it on a daily basis.