Author Topic: I don't want you to do that!  (Read 1189 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
I don't want you to do that!
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:41:41 pm »
Hallo! I don't exactly do this normally. :I BUT once in a while I find something to rage over talk about with you guys... so hopefully I don't bomb this. Hurr she blowz:
So, once in a while I'll come across a "Warriors Clan" on a wolf/rogue cat. Pretty normal, correct? Yes. Totally normal. Clans are all over FH, aren't they? But eventually, if I sit there long enough, some sort of huge cat will walk over and supposedly snarl at me. I don't normally care about it; it's a game, right? But let's say I happen to really like this character and it's for RP purposes. I'm all nonchalant and I sit there, watching what's going on in the Clan, observing, etc. like I normally do, only on an RP character. Catching my drift so far? So I sit there, minding my own business when all of a sudden all the cats come at me, and totally attack my poor, docile character! D: I'd like them to stop and I say so, but they never do and they supposedly "kill me". :I Honestly, I didn't know cats could do a backflip over me, rake my spine with their claws once, and instantly kill me! Where was the memo for that? So I ignore them, but then they call me "powerplaying" and block me. Seriously, there was no need for that at all. "R.I.P docile loner cat, killed by noob-ish Warrior Cats, who murdered an innocent being." My rant here is finished. My short discussion with you has been finished. Any feedback for lil' old Insanity?
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want you to do that!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »
Oh I feel your pain. Often I don't really wander into Fluorite unless it's in the dead of night and most individuals are asleep but when I do, I'm mainly on one of my wolf characters (mostly Vespian). Anyways, whenever I tend to wander around in the depths of Fluorite and come across a clan (no matter if it's small or relatively large), sometimes I get treated like nothing but a mutt. The individuals will snarl, threaten me, etc. However, most of the time they'll stop when I warn them that if they dare try to chase me off, they'll be map-claiming which is against the rules. I also inform them that I do not wish to roleplay with them and is just there to observe their establishment (chasing one off in-character wise is ok for it's just roleplay and you'll be going along with it but if they were to try and chase someone off out-of-character wise, that's map-claiming). Every once in a while, however, they'll commence on attacking and will end up fatally harming Vesp (of course, I ignore this too for I wasn't even roleplaying in the first place).
When that happens, I just ignore it. Sometimes laugh even when they start yelling at me in a raging vent when even still, I refuse to budge my butt. I understand the frustration you may feel, for you weren't doing anything after all.
My advice is to continue ignoring them and try not to argue back with them. That will only add fuel to the fire and put you at risk for breaking any potential rules. Act like you're AFK and just watch. If they show signs of any rule-breaking, report them. Simply done. Also, if a clan were to approach you, it'd be good to inform them that you wish not to roleplay with them and simply observe in peace. That too might make them ease off on ye'.
gone

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »
I'm amused by it actually. This isn't a thread for something like, "this keeps happening to me D:" but more like a "LOL, has this ever happened to you before" kind of thing. ^^" I didn't seek any advice, but I highly appreciated it you took the time to post on it... so, do YOU have anything like that which happened to you, totally blown out of proportionate? As in, they started attacking you and were illiterate or something? xD
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »
This has happened to me once before, while I was on a random, semi-neon wolf I just made.
My buddy was in FP on a new WC, so I went to go watch their RP before I made a cat and joined.
I rested my wonderful little wolfie of awesome in the nearby bush and listened, and read.
I was impressed until their official rival clan came over and started being totally illiterate and power playing.
But I just watch while whispering my friend.

Now over half of you readers are like, "How is this relevant?"
Here's why.

So I was still sitting there, my bud's clan was loosing, so I said 'rawr' in the chat because I could. XD
Then the WHOLE rival clan turned their heads to me, and started powerplaing the poo outta my character, JUST BECAUSE I SAID RAWR!
Wut?

I just...
Why???

Meanwhile, my IRL friend was looking over my shoulder and cracking up, she almost wet herself as my poor little wolf got her head torn off, her legs thrown to the moon, and then had over one million maggots eating her festering flesh as the warrior cats, no joke, paired up and took turns mating on my body.
I just... WHY?!?!

It's not like I said "RAWR! I SHALL EAT CHU ALL!"
No.
I just said 'Rawr))'

So yes, I feel your pain. XD
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:26:02 pm »
Ah, I must have misread like I do sometimes. Hmm, well then the last thing I could remember would be when one of my friends, Vanquished, and I were utterly bored so I suggested we linger in Fluorite to go see who's all awake and can provide us with some entertainment. Thus we set off and ended up watching a cat clan on L Island. Of course, neither of us said a word for we're not the type to stroll up and be like, "Oi! What's up, floof?"
However, we were noticed by a small white cat (won't say names) and she strolled bluntly up to us and said a polite little greeting. I responded in the same, formal manner but that's when she instructed me to read her Bio. A bit confused, I did as she requested only to see the following:

Sit down or step on me, you die.

Now, may I remind you that it was in the dead of night and I felt like being a little disobedient. Thus, I proceeded to place my rump right down onto the grass in front of the little she-cat. Of course, she hissed at me and ordered me to stand up but I wouldn't abide.
Via whisper, I told my friend to check out her Bio. She did and she only laughed, walking over to the feline to bluntly walk right over her pixels. The feline got mad and supposedly tore her legs off right there and tossed them into the grass.
That only amused us more as my friend replied, "I won't roleplay with a power-player, I'm afraid."
Before we could catch the attention of the other cats and end up getting jumped, we both ran off to another location, leaving the little she-cat hissing her tail off.

It was quite amusing, though we meant no harm in the outcome. Merely decided to press a few buttons.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:27:34 pm by Vespian »
gone