Author Topic: What Did You Do?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
What Did You Do?
« on: September 01, 2013, 03:10:27 am »
Well, I was actually quite suspicious of what others did when they first joined. Now, I'm not wondering if you went straight to the game or wandered around the forums. No. I'm wondering what you did the first time in-game, besides creating a character, and whatnot.
Did you explore the maps? Did you download some more maps? Were you nervous to meet new people? What did you do and what happened?

Well, my story is that when I first joined, I was a bit shocked by the graphics, I was about ten or eleven. Gimme a break. Anyway, I wanted to just wander around, now this was before the addons of maps, wings, etc. and I just explored. I didn't know how to type, at all in that matter, or really do anything. I did know how to change the keys, and whatnot, since I have weird preferences on how my keyboard works. (Most of my doings were on an older computer and on an older account.)
After I was done exploring the maps, I found a group of 'horses', and decided to hang out with them, then I learned how to finally type, even after messing around with the keys for over an hour, and I had no grammar or any English skills. Again, I was in my early ten/eleven-year-old state.
I didn't have many friends, or anything, but now look at me. I'm basically bleeding fandoms, which equals friends and/or acquaintances. c:

Again, just curious.

-Wolfie

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: What Did You Do?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 03:36:30 am »
I was about 9 or 10 when I first joined. It was VERY VERY early in the morning, probably considered very late at night. Okay, so I was told not to talk to anyone so I turned my chat off.
First thing I remembered is going to south pole. I had no idea how to jump. So I was running in the snow, very amazed at how the game looked! Running over the hills and crap, and suddenly it's hard to climb the hills... I found my way around them though.
Then I started to walk. I literally had no idea why I was walking, so I exited out by clicking X (I didn't know how to restart the game, either.) then logged back in.
I began running again then realized I wasn't really moving anywhere anymore. I was kinda confused, but I gave up to run somewhere else. Later on I remember seeing some person flying with wings.

I had no idea what they are saying obviously, because my chat wasn't up. XD I don't remember how I even learned how to turn off my chatbox though....
I also remember being in Ficho tunnel with no chatbox too. I was walking around, trying to get up on the place where the bonfire portal was, then I gave up. I couldn't, though I was curious how the other people got up.

Jumping down the waterfall with my newb lioness, loving, I wandered to the "Pokemon Central" place. c: I don't remember any Pokemon though... I dunno. I was watching a skeleton wolf (black with some neon skeleton markings) headswing on someone else. I watched them curiously, and the headswinging one turned to me. I just watched him, then he headswinged on me. XD Probably tearing me apart in RP.

I didn't see the chatbox so... I had no idea what he was doing. I just walked away. Then I met a person that was my friend.

The end. :I Long story is very long of a story. Lol. Sorry I said both of them. XD

So yeah. Here I am today. Still derpy, but now I'm more literate. Literally more literate. XD Just by being on the internet.

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:21 am »
o____________________________________o

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, it's not very interesting.. xD But so... let you all know the stories. ;w;:

(I was using FeralHeart+ [Oh man.. I loved that Bonfire Island.. So sad to see it go.] [which I thought was the original FH])

I was using my old account (I think the username was horsie12048 or something... ._.) as a cyan wolf with bright yellow cheetah markings and a back mane. (I didn't know that you could scroll down for more markings or manes, etc.) I noticed on a sandy blotch in Bonfire people were rolling over and some of the characters dancing over them. So, being the newb I was, I went over there and laid down with my head laying on my character's paws. And then, someone came over and started to dance on me. Confused and annoyed, I walked back to the middle of the island with that 'torched' rock and guess what? More dancing on peoples' characters. I was using the mouse and I didn't know about the 'control' keys because whenever I used the arrow keys my head went up and down. Finding an ocean on the edge I decided to hop in for a cool swim, but realized you can't turn around with the mouse without turning your head (which I later figured out how to do). After trying to get out of the endless water pit I gave up and shut down feralheart from annoyance that day. About 3 months later I decided to google how to run on feral heart. I then used the W, right and left arrow keys to move. (I know use WASDE.) Getting on a sparkle Simba I decided to roleplay (Horribly) with a few other illiterate TLK Nala's. We created the strangest roleplay that I believe involved Nala becoming a hologram and Simba couldn't figure out which copy of Nala was his. I didn't touch Feral Heart for a few more months.. Although I was becoming quite active on the forum. I realized my character selection was full of ugly sparkletards and (I didn't know how to delete) made a new account for more room, angelre0702. After creating one lioness that was super funny looking I decided I wanted a wolf... And so Re was born. She was bright pink with black toeless socks, ear rims, and fading stripes with a cat tail. About 3 weeks later I added a sickle tail and full tuft to her. -I became way more active, got many new friends, and learned about making maps. Now, here's a major reason I continued to play: Maps. Maps maps maps maps maps. I enjoyed creating them.. I adored it, actually. On my old computer had one of my BEST maps that I wish I could get on right now got a virus and I had to get a new one that deleted all my files off my old computer. Then I started roleplaying again.. I advanced and became literate. One day I saw a new section to the character screen: wings. Yay! Just what I'd wanted.~ (Back when Kov was still around.. :c) I became addicted to the map Cape of Distant Worlds and stayed there every day. Log on, Re, Cape. Log on, Cape. Log on, Cape. Cape. Cape. Cape.~ Then years passed and here I am now. I've been along the community for quite a while (although most of my time has been on my old account).

~

Hope you enjoyed readin'!

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 04:11:05 am »
oh gosh I was the biggest diddly darn moron when i joined but lets see heree

when i first joined, which was when i was like nine (going onto ten) i kinda hung out with the warrior cats. i didnt really know much about roleplaying but i guess i was smart enough to type and at least do the semi literate style with some powerplaying in the process but otherwise im kind of suprised by how much i knew back then. i liked to sit around in general chat and talk to people a bit, even if i wasnt always liked back by everyone else i talked to. i was a pretty care free kid, i guess. eventually i got myself introduced to wolfs rain, which lead me into canon, anime based roleplays. From theres i went to ginga densetsu weed, black butler (i was literate by then! Kind of learned how to type just out of observation, and im reeeally proud of that). from that I guess I kind of 'evolved' to a more mentally advanced user? (that made a lot of friends in the process!)

really tho I did a LOT on this game so far. It's the reason why I like to write and why I even know how to, so it kinda also has a special place forever in my heart. <3

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 04:31:06 am »
Wow, I wasn't expecting this many once I logged back in. Allmyhappyfeels~ --Anyway, I loved reading your guys' stories, I thought they were interesting. I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't know a lot of the keys when they started~

Thank you for all the magnificent stories~
-Wolfie

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 05:55:35 am »
When I first joined I wasn't that used to the keys, but they were quite easy to master as I played some MMOS in the past. I had a bunch of bright coloured characters, and one day I met a new "friend." She asked me if I wanted to go to bonfire and get someone to [insertawfulwordforbuttswinginghere] us. I was offended by the use of her language but I shrugged it off because I guess I didn't care. So, we went into Bonfire, me as a white wolf with bright cyan celtic markings. We were doing pretty "well" with the [awfulthings] until I got yelled at by a mod.. Then in fright we all scattered and I went offline. Okay, well I never saw that person again. The next day I came on after school and figured out how to get into Ficho. My sister and I had joined together, so we were exploring around. We figured that Bonfire was the 'Lion place' and Ficho was the 'Everyone place' and when we got into FP, we were stunned. After running around we came to the stone bridge and figured that this was the 'wolf place.' Then we found Warrior cats! I joined with my sister, and when they asked me if I had downloaded the map, I was lost. I thought they meant the minimap, and I said yes, but then I asked what they meant by map. Eventually I decided to leave because I had no idea what maps were..But I didn't know how to leave. After joining mapless roleplays and learning how to RP literately, I finally learned how to download maps. They fascinated me and I learned how to make my own (with a LOT of tutorials). Then I got into preset-making, and well here I am now.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 07:58:44 am »
When I first joined Feral Heart, {on my account named meeeea} and that was when you didn't spawn in Lonely Cave, there were no wings, south pole or anything like that. Even though I was 16 at the time, I was a big nub with MMO's, but I mastered everything pretty quickly. I made a bunch of friends, was a literate and fair role-player, and then I made a new account. ^^ Those were good times, indeed. -Sips tea.-

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 06:08:14 pm »
When I first joined, I went straight to the game and lurked on the edges of big gatherings (Like Bonfire and the South Pole). I mainly just listened to the conversations that were going on; whenever I'm somewhere new, I just hang back and observe for the first few minutes.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »
I remember my first time on FeralHeart quite clearly. I wasn't really into the forums back then so I was a bit clueless about who the staff were, presets, maps etc. I just used to loiter around Bonfire talking to random people, dancing and maybe roleplaying a bit. (I was a terrible roleplayer xD) I rarely used to venture outside of Ficho Tunnel, but me and my friends at the time had lots of fun. This lasted for a good few months until my old friends slowly began to disappear and I started wandering around different maps, until eventually I discovered custom maps and presets and started getting more involved with the forum.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 04:03:00 am »
Well... The first thing I did was go into Cape, then I had no idea where to go. I had another friend with me because I was on a diff. game, so she directed me and we waited for our OTHER friend and then we sat and hangout by the cape rock.

I remember my first character was "Wolfie M" then it had some... other letters. Not sure.

I was 10 I believe, 11 or 10. Not even sure.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod