Author Topic: Instant Crashing?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline DerpyWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Do You Believe In Magic?
    • View Profile
Instant Crashing?
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:30:44 am »
Honestly, things have been fine until I downloaded the Elysium map.

This is how it all went down:

I downloaded a map. The map is called Elysium.

After downloading, I opened the zipped file with WinRAR.

After doing that, I put all the items in the correct places in my Feral Heart folder.

Shortly after doing that, my WinRAR crashed.

After WinRAR crashed, my PC alerted me of a new virus.

My feral heart game was actually open at the time!

My entire screen started to blink black, and then went entirely black before returning to the main screen. (I have windows 8.)

I tried returning to my desktop, but it just went black again. I searched up windows defenders and ran a full scan.

I closed Feral Heart after that.

I removed all the newly downloaded map material from my folders and tried to open the game again. It instantly crashed as soon as I opened it.

So, I uninstalled feral heart and reinstalled. Same problem occurs. I'm now unable to enter the game.

I'm wondering why this happened. I wasn't on any particularly dangerous site on my other tabs, just youtube and deviant art. Actually I suspect the download of the map to be the main cause, but as for now, I'm completely lost. And frustrated. So I came online to the fourms and posted this. Does anyone have a solution?
Things can be so frustrating sometimes.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Instant Crashing?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:21 am »
First of, if there is a virus eating up your computer, then I'd suggest running a FULL anti-virus scan. Secondly, I have a few ideas that will stop your FH from crashing;

- Try switching your rendering subsystem to Direct 3D9 by going to your main FeralHeart folder in Local Disk (C:). In your FH folder open up a .CFG file called 'ogre' then replace what's in there with this:

Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

Once you've done that, restart FH and if it hasn't taken effect restart your computer. I'll come back with more options if it's still not fixed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:13:59 am by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline DerpyWolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:32:24 am »
Unfortunately, my Norton trial expired a few days ago. I've yet to find time to drive to Fry's and get me a new anti-virus.

I'll try the switching of the rendering system thing. But I've a question, by switching the codes and all, will it change anything within the game itself? I'm unsure as to whether I'm able to reverse it's effects or not.

P.S: Thanks for the help. I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to return to FH or not.

P.S.S: Do you have any idea as to what could have caused it?

Edit: Apparently I'm really bad at this. I don't know how to open the ogre.cfg file. At least, I don't know what to open it with.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:46:43 am by DerpyWolf »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:29 am »
Unfortunately, my Norton trial expired a few days ago. I've yet to find time to drive to Fry's and get me a new anti-virus.

I'll try the switching of the rendering system thing. But I've a question, by switching the codes and all, will it change anything within the game itself? I'm unsure as to whether I'm able to reverse it's effects or not.

P.S: Thanks for the help. I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to return to FH or not.

P.S.S: Do you have any idea as to what could have caused it?

Edit: Apparently I'm really bad at this. I don't know how to open the ogre.cfg file. At least, I don't know what to open it with.

1. Try avast, it's a very good anti-virus protection.

2. It will make the game run smoother and less laggy.

3. It's alright, and I'm sure you will.

4. The Virus

5. You open it up in word or notepad.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline DerpyWolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »
Oh, wow. <:

It works! I can't thank you enough, really!

Although I have to download the item packs and markings again, I'm glad I'm able to return and roleplay on FH.

Thank you again! I owe ya one. C: