Author Topic: i have a big problem with the markings, help me please!  (Read 1336 times)

Offline nalasaffy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
i have a big problem with the markings, help me please!
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:41:49 am »
i can't to make markings for feral heart. then i take this image and open it with gimp 2, now i make the marking and then i put it in the folder textures. finally i go in "markings cfg" and i paste the name of my marking that is "FH;fmarkFHBody.png". i open FH but the marking don't see her. why? help me please, i have even followed this tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbcJIXF8cH0

Offline nalasaffy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: i have a big problem with the markings, help me please!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:20 pm »
anyone help me?

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:11:01 pm »
Please don't double post, someone will help you im sure.
First, did you save your marking coding in the marking cfg file in your Feral Heart folder?
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:05 pm »
It seems like you did not follow the tutorial correctly or the person doing the tutorial is wrong. There is a tutorial on this site. I have took some parts to make it easiler:

1: Firstly, open the program you'll be using (Gimp or Photoshop). I'll be using gimp for this tutorial.

2: Create a 'new' file, and make a 512 x 512 file. Also use greyscale, as it's easier. Greyscale is found in advanced options.

3: After opening your file, use the bucket of paint tool to fill your page in black.

4: To show where the parts of the area your using are (I'm using body for this tutorial), you should press 'open as layers' and open one of the reference files, found in feralheart>my presets>reference.

5: By pressing the little arrow, press 'grain extract' so you can see the body reference. The arrow is found in your 'layers' box.

6: Going back onto your background layer, press the 'layer' bar>transparency>Add alpha channel. You need this so you can draw out the markings.

7: Using your eraser tool, make out the marking you want. Made by forests is what I want on my markings. Must be on your background layer. (Oce done, delete the reference layer).

8: Now, go to your feralheart file. Your find a file called markings.cfg. Open that.

9: Once it's open, scroll to the bottom of the body markings. I'm using feline markings. You can find the canine lower down. Type what you want to call it.

10: Just press 'save'. Now, open up your feralheart, and your markings will be at the bottom of your body marks!

If you need screenshots go to this link: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=27569.0