Author Topic: I know your thinking: Not another "Failed to Connect to Front Server" problem.  (Read 1484 times)

Offline kululupuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bye, lovelies.
    • View Profile
    • Lament's Tumblr
Almost two years ago, I downloaded Feralheart for the first time ever on my acer laptop. It worked just fine and wasn't laggy in anyway at all. Because of that and many other reasons, I instantly fell in love with the game.
Suddenly, a problem hit. Each time I loaded up the game, typed in my username and password, and clicked enter (or login), it would load a little and then say "Failed to Connect to Front Server." I tried everything I could do then and having little experience with fixing those kind of things, I failed. That was ok because my awesome sis let me use her old, dilapidated computer to play FH. Luckily, it worked well enough and I never used my acer for FH for basically a year.
One day, in the middle of a super fun rp, the old, dilapidated computer took a dive and totally broke down. I was super desperate, so I grabbed my acer, installed FH and then managed to somehow get it to work! I was so happy and have been using it to go on FH until a week ago.
I was currently on vacation last weekend in a place with super high internet speed. Once in awhile the connection would go down, but only for a minute or two at most. This didn't bother me since it didn't happen often. On the last day, I was rping on FH to pass a little time when the connect went off for a minute. When I got back on the beginning FH screen (I saw my connection was perfectly working), I typed in my user name and password again, let it process, and got a message that instantly made me feel dreadful since the last time I encountered it, it had been horrifying: "Failed to Connect to Front Server."
I turned off my computer and decided to wait it off. Once back at my house, I tried FH again. No other devices were using the same internet, the connection was working perfectly, and I knew the server was on. I got the same message.  I instantly began going down my list for when things like that happen. I re-connected with no luck, turned off my FH and loaded again, restarted my computer, checked my firewall (which had not changed one bit), re-installed the game four times (making sure that I deleted the entire file), tried logging in on another account, logged another computer in,  and tried everything recommended on the BIG help thread. Also, I have Mal-ware bytes and mcAfee but they are only free trials that have worn off and I cant really do anything about them.
On a youtube video, someone said that sometimes characters get stuck in between maps thus making the game screw up like that. I never crashed in between a map though...
My hunch is that I'm either somehow stuck which I hardly believe ( but I've seen stranger things) or I missed something in my things. However, opinions I can get and any help or guidance is appreciated! Thanks :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:52:22 am by Llama »

Offline StarBurst

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I can't think what to put here...
    • View Profile
Well, the server might have gone offline. When this happens, it will not log you on AT ALL, and happens for everyone. A while ago, the server was off for WEEKS for some sort of maintainence. You know, server cleanups and things. So it might have been that. When the server goes online again, then you will be able to log on again. You can see if its off or online by looking at the top of the website, it should say. But if it doesn't work, then I am sorry because I can't think what else it may be. OR you may have duplicate files. Check REALLY carefully to see if anything is duplicate. Check everywhere. Delete the extra files and try again. Hope it helps! :D
There are 3 things I know about you:
1. You cannot touch all your teeth at once with your tongue.
2. You just tried it so you know its not true.
3. You are copying and pasting this into your own siggy.
Don't click this, really don't.  http://tinyurl.com/fhroleplay

Offline Microfloof

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.
    • View Profile
That is fairly odd.
Yeah, as said above, you probably have duplicate files or are missing one or two. Sometimes it works to uninstall FH and then download another texture from a trusted person (like Red, for example) and they usually have all the files, then install it to the main FH and overwrite. And for the stuck in between maps? That does NOT happen often, though, so try the character reset in the login box on this website, resetting all your characters. Try to PM a member of staff (I'll give you a link below) and they can give you the best help. I would be extremely irritated with this problem, so I wish you luck.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=52
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:52:55 am by Microfloof »

Skypeeez: DelightfulRippedSofa
View my deviantART or submit a help ticket!

Offline kululupuppy

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bye, lovelies.
    • View Profile
    • Lament's Tumblr
Thanks for all of your help, FeralKitten and MicroFloof. I just wanted to state that the server was online because each time, I checked the site to see, but thanks for the suggestion! I'll pay closer attention when I redownload it this time like you two said and hope to god it works X3 If worst comes to worst I'll contact one of the staff. Thanks!

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Question, did you download any form of map files and than reinstalled them with your feral heart files? Also, if you press ctrl alt del and check the processes, does feralheart.exe come up. This may be why its not running if it is the problem.