Author Topic: Particle problems  (Read 1243 times)

Offline GoodWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Particle problems
« on: September 07, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »
Hey, could someone help me?
I'm trying to put a new particle in the effectmaker in the particle tab, i want it to be watersmoke and the splash too. But the only thing i see in my FH>media>particles file is watersmoke.png and splash.png nothing else related to water parts except the water.material file too.
I read the BIG help thread, very carefully, i must've not read it correctly though because i got to my effectmaker>particle tab again and put the particle name in "watersmoke"(<--exactly how i typed it) and it said again, "Cannot find particle "watersmoke"!"
Please explain to me the EXACT steps of how to put the particles: splash, and watersmoke in-game!  :'(

Also before anyone asks, i seem to cannot put screenies up in this thread for any further information to help you help me out, but i tried my best to explain the situation exactly. re-read if you need to.
I have nothing... so don't bother looking at this xD

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Particle problems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:17 pm »
There should be a file called water.particle in your Particles folder. You should read this tutorial: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17179.0

The water smoke particle should be typed into EffectMaker as WaterfallSmoke and water splash is WaterSplash. Just remember that is case sensitive ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.