Author Topic: Server problems?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
Server problems?
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:33:07 pm »
Okay, so... I've noticed that... since General was removed, the server has become very unstable. I can no longer go between maps without the server kicking me out. This basically happens:

I go from Fluorite to Cape.
"Failed to connect to main server."
I log in again.
"Failed to connect to front server."
I turn FH off, and then re-log in.
I get back on the character, and...
I'M BACK IN FLUORITE PLAINS.

This happens between ANY two maps. Not just one. I can't go from ANY map to another map without that happening.

Not only that, but I keep having this problem, which just happened again:

<Princess whateveryournamewas> Ajali, need a pride?
<Me(Ajali)> No, I already have one. I'm the leader of it. o3o
<Princess Whateveryournamewas> Ajali? Need a pride?
<Me> I already said no..
<Princess whatsherface> Ajali??
<Me> ewe... okay, if you can hear what I am saying, say "Derp."

No one says "derp." No one can see my messages. ewe

My character is there, but it's like I'm invisible... no one can see what I'm saying. And when I form a group, it takes an hour AFTER it is form to say in my chatbox, "Group has been successfully created."

Same with adding members.

Or making a party.

Or friending someone.

Is anyone else having problems like this? .-.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: Server problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »
I have no such problems at all. It's probably your internet connection or the server is currently derping. A lot of users come in so it's not uncommon for the server to crash for you every once in a while. Just keep trying and it'll surely work.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »
I've been trying for MONTHS now. Ever since General was removed, this keeps happening. Even if I switch computers, and I know it's the FH server messing up, because it NEVER lets up. Every, single time I get online, the map problem won't stop.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »
I have not been having any of this server trouble you speak of either, most likely as Tariri said its a problem with your internet connection. I'll also say straight off let's not make this another bring back general thread. If things go in that direction I will lock this thread because you seem to be insinuating that general's removal is causing the server to be unstable and therefore this is what's causing your problems but that is not the case.

Try looking at this:

Failed to connect to front server is another funky message you might get. Most of the time you get this either when your internet is down or the server is down completely. It can also be that your firewall or any other security software is preventing FeralHeart from accessing the internet. If it's the server and not your internet it should be sorted shortly and be back up and running, if it will be down for longer times the staff will let you know.

If the server is up though for a longer time, and you're still having issues to connect, you should follow the tips mentioned in the post "Unable to log on/go online" (posted below) and if that fails to work. Contact those responsible for your internet or maybe someone that knows more and are able to help you.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your control panel located in the start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use, and which layout it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security" or just find the text "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing add program.

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings "Nope!". Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

How's your internet connection?
Sometimes the internet connection of the users trying to play the game might be weak. This can cause you to not being able to connect or staying online for a longer time, many people might start blaming the game or server for this when it in fact might be themselves.

Here's a few things you can check:
1. Are you even connected to the internet right now?
2. Are you running any downloading/streaming programs?
3. Are there any other computers/devices using the same internet?
4. Are you currently using a wireless connection, if so, are you getting good signal?

Sometimes the internet connection can time out for various reasons and then jump back on again, so be sure to try a few times first.

Programs in the background
Downloading things or running streaming programs eats your bandwidth, and this bandwidth is needed in order to play the game, especially if you're using slower speeds. You can start by shutting off things like downloading programs and internet browsers. Maybe even IM programs such as MSN and AIM and try to play again.

Turn off extra devices
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

On a wireless connection?

If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source. So try placing yourself closer to your modem, this might give you a stronger signal.

These things should solve the most connection problems!

Goodluck I really hope something here helps

Also moving this to the Game Help section~
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:30:45 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:03:40 pm »
This isn't a 'bring-back general' thread. I'm just telling when this all started. Though, I have some theories. And no, it is not my internet, as it was fine until Gen was removed, so here are my theories:

Messing with the server enough to completely remove a chat caused the server to go a bit unstable.
The server is just randomly unstable and needs to be fixed.
My internet was affected when Gen was removed.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:27:50 pm »
A few have wondered about server issues since General was removed, but you have to realize that all Raz did was re-route a server command (that being, all General chat commands are re-routed to Local). It's not a type of thing that would cause connection issues. This is entirely different.

However, if you recall, around that time we also had a double hard drive failure in the server computer, which can happen at any time (no, re-routing the General chat server command in public maps would not have caused it). He fixed this months ago, however, and like Tariri I haven't experienced this, either.

My guess is, it's still your internet connection. Do you live around neighbors that might have wireless printers, hot spots, or laptops that might be taking the broadband necessary to play FH on your part? That's my guess, since I haven't had any other complaints like this. It doesn't seem to be on the server's side as you claim, otherwise you wouldn't be the only one.

But, look into Sura's list, of course, and at least give that a try. Hopefully you can get this sorted out so you can play properly.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||