Author Topic: Problem with mate  (Read 3706 times)

Offline MilicaMica

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Problem with mate
« on: September 15, 2013, 04:56:38 pm »
I have a problem with my mate. I love her, i can't live without her, but she really upset me.
I think that she doesn't trust me. I typed in my bio that i don't want to have a pup, because i had a family problem in my past. She don't understand that i had problems IN MY PAST. Then she left far away from me. And I came to her and she asked "Why did you come? T.T" I said that i had a problem in my past, not with her. Then i left. She said "Don't worry" and i said "Ok". But i left far away. She followed me and she suddenly stop following. We were both upset. (That happened yesterday).
Today, i came to her. I asked her "Are you still upset?" She said "Heh, maybe". Then she thinks that i don't understand her. But  how i can? She doesn't understand me too. I love her a lot, but i don't know what to do. Can someone help us?

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with mate
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »
Um well.. I am no couple-counselor but I think that you two simply need to sit down and talk with each other - work things out.
I'm also not sure if this is the right thread for this kind of topic..

Either way good luck with your mate.

Cheers~ // Shallow

Offline MilicaMica

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:12:54 pm »
Thanks, but she doesn't want to sit next to me and talk about problem. 

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »
I am guessing this is dealing with in a role play in the game and not in real life, seems to me you do not want a pup and it seems she does want a pup. Nine out of 10 on this game your mate would eventually would want to start a family on feral heart, that's the point of getting a mate in the first place for "most" people anyway.

That's because you had problems in the past does not mean that same problem will pick up in the future, with you and your mate. Unless you do not wish to have a family outside of the role play. If you have only told her that you have just a "problem" and not have given her the full detail on your problem then you should actually tell her why you do not want to have a family period. If you two still cannot meet on agreements with each other, as brutal as it is, I think it would probably be best if you two went your separate ways.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »
This is a roleplay matter as I understand. If you need to talk about something, talk it out of RP and decide. If not, just break things up.

Offline MilicaMica

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:22 pm »
See, I don't want to have a pup. I think she doesn't want to take care about pups. But we have a pup.
I had many problems in the past will my life with pups and mate. Mate forgot on me, pups too. So I wanted to tell that to her. But she just thinks on her self, she doesn't think how i feel.

Offline MilicaMica

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »
And thanks, guys. :)

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »
I agree 100% with Holly and Tariri. Try to approach her calmly, pick up the mood a little bit by mentioning a good time you had in the past. When she's smiling or you can tell she's not as upset, ease into telling her about your past. Don't throw it on her though. After you've explained your problems, I'm sure she'll understand and if not, you may just have to say goodbye. If she loves you as much as you love her then there should be nothing to worry about. c:

If you can't work it out in roleplay, try to talk to them out of character to see if it can be resolved.

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »
I may come off as insensitive in saying this, or I might have misinterpreted the situation, so I'm sorry in advance if that's the case, but I feel it needs to be said. In-character and out-of-character have apparently gotten dangerously muddled here. If this is a strictly in-the-RP problem between your characters, this isn't the place to bring it up and it would belong more on an RP board. If you're actually emotionally invested and/or one or both of you has taken the relationship too far beyond the characters you're playing, you both need to sit yourselves down, have a chat WITHOUT the characters involved (make sure you are both clear on this), and figure out exactly what the problem is. If one of you wants the RP to go a way that the other doesn't, you should find someone else to roleplay with. It's reasonable to feel committed to a particular RP partner if you've formed a friendship, but you should NEVER mistake romance between two wolves on your screen as romance between the two humans behind it.

Unless the two of you (not your character and the other player's character) are ACTUALLY in a relationship in real life, keep the following in mind: FeralHeart is not real life, and you do not know the person behind the screen. You are not in a relationship with the person behind the screen. They are only characters, they are not you. Treating them as anything but in situations like this is NOT a good idea.

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 07:00:06 pm »
I may come off as insensitive in saying this, or I might have misinterpreted the situation, so I'm sorry in advance if that's the case, but I feel it needs to be said. In-character and out-of-character have apparently gotten dangerously muddled here. If this is a strictly in-the-RP problem between your characters, this isn't the place to bring it up and it would belong more on an RP board. If you're actually emotionally invested and/or one or both of you has taken the relationship too far beyond the characters you're playing, you both need to sit yourselves down, have a chat WITHOUT the characters involved (make sure you are both clear on this), and figure out exactly what the problem is. If one of you wants the RP to go a way that the other doesn't, you should find someone else to roleplay with. It's reasonable to feel committed to a particular RP partner if you've formed a friendship, but you should NEVER mistake romance between two wolves on your screen as romance between the two humans behind it.

Unless the two of you (not your character and the other player's character) are ACTUALLY in a relationship in real life, keep the following in mind: FeralHeart is not real life, and you do not know the person behind the screen. You are not in a relationship with the person behind the screen. They are only characters, they are not you. Treating them as anything but in situations like this is NOT a good idea.

Kind of agree with tearless here about this topic should not be posted in game discussion, had a feeling that it was in the wrong place  but I did not know where.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"