Author Topic: Villains, "Killers", and Insane Characters  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The ones that love us, never /really/ leave us.~
    • View Profile
Re: Villains, "Killers", and Insane Characters
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »
I have a character called Warp. But the only reason she could be dubbed as 'insane', is due to her background. I chose to have her as an Army type of Wolf. You know, used for the real rough parts of war, shootings, sniffers, bombs and such. She's saved plenty, gotten shot once in the leg, a limp now there. But she uses it to her advantage in a way. Because she grew up being part of the Army(not the UK, or the USA, or anything like that. An army in a small town, that was given a bad name by others because they do not ship their goods to other countries.) She's seen death so many times, and torture. Warp isn't her real name, infact, due to all her memories and the things she's seen, she forgot her own name and the town calls her Warp. She, like you said above in your post, has goals. She doesn't kill for the sake of killing. She preys upon others(animals, humans etc), that treat others horribly, torture, abuse etc. In her mind, ridding the world of those, would make it a better place. In HER mind, she's doing a good thing, even if others see it as it's a bad way. o~o

So yeah. She has goals, she has motives. o~o
I agree considerably towards this post though. I see plenty of just..RAOIHSKUHGKDFGHD RAAAAH -Kills- xD

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »
I do have three characters that could be qualified as insane.
The first one was Heulog, but she wasn't insane in herself. A parasite dubbed as the Sun Demon had entered in her brain, and it was the parasite which was insane. It could temporally take control over Heu's body, but the only one it killed was Arwydd, Heulog's brother AND a murderer. The poor Heu later died of a disease.

The second, Soulfrost, is more weird than insane. She loves to ship and hates kits. BUT, she collects pretty eyes. She would keep one and eat the other. She, however, never take the eyes from a living person.

The third, Machlud, is Heulog's son. Scarred for life by his mother's premature death, he began searching for something that could revive her.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 02:24:06 am »
I am wired in a certain way I cant have evil/killer/insane charries :3
I only use good ones.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »
I don't think that I have ever had a character that hasn't had some 'mental' condition xD They're not necessarily evil, however. Isaac has sever Paranoia, an often has episodes where he- in the simplest terms- 'Freaks out' and just have a need to run and hide from imaginary creatures he cannot see or anything.

For my 'villain' I have Ink, Who isn't necessarily 'crazed' or anything, he's simply power-hungry, he needs to be in control 100% of the time or he just has tantrums xD. He did, however try to take power from his father (the king), who he then got in a fight with and lost his eye, banished from the kingdom and now wonders around looking for a way to become 'all powerful' to take back the kingdom he thinks is rightfully his...

I guess I don't have any truly 'insane' characters, as 'insanity' is something hard to diagnose. I have a Schitsophrenic character- I'm not even sure if it IS schitsophrenia, he hears a voice which sometimes overwhelms him and makes him see horrid visions if he doesn't 'behave' or do what he's told and stuff. But in the end, he doesn't really want to hurt people- even if he IS forced too.

I do research the conditions that my characters have, and draw on my own experience for Paranoia. I look at other characters and even real-life people who have the same conditions as my characters and read about how they cope (or not) with dealing with the condition, as well as look up procedures in mental hospitals to know their routine and what they do if a patient has a violent episode, I don't really like going in 'blind' as I know I'll be a little n00blet and I would hate to offend someone like 'My <insert relation> has that, you're playing it wrong!' or something, and I know how stupid people look when they get facts about their character wrong (I'm talking in general, such as calling a lion pride a 'pack' and such) and I really don't want to fall into that category.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 01:59:30 pm »
I remember sitting a cave and this demon wolf with wings kept laughing in what was meant to be an evil cackle I think (He just all caps HEHEHE).

Then he walked up to me and said "IM GONNA KILL U BECUZ THATS THE POINT OF DIS CARRIE!"

It provided me with a bit of fun to be honest, he chased me relentlessly and then drowned himself.

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 05:25:13 pm »
I swear I posted here o.o ~ Oh well, I can post again >:I

I don't have many insane characters, but the ones I do have don't just kill for the sake of killing, in fact, far from it. They always have some sort of motive behind their act whether it be something simple, or complicated.

One of my insane characters is Fallenspirit/star. She was fine until the murder of a close friend. It was after that she spiraled out of control and began to see his image everywhere... She was present while he was being torn open and had to watch as he flashed a smile and took his last breath. The sight itself was enough to drag her into a deep depression and then spit her out as insane. However, rather than killing every. Single. Cat in sight, she targets ones that look most like the murderer of her friend. She wants to avenge him and believes that any cat that even remotely resembles the killer should be removed from the face of the earth. Since she didn't catch the cat's name, she feels it better to rid all similar or identical cats so that she is 100% sure she's bought down the right cat and avenged her friend's death.

Still, with all this killing, there may be a chance it becomes more than just one here and there that looks like the criminal... It could become something she's passionate about, something that she feels gives her purpose.

Other than Fallen, my only other 'insane' character, is Alex. He doesn't exactly have a motive, he's just power hungry for all the wrong reasons. One day I'll figure out why, but until then he's just Alex the Rellik. xD
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 05:38:05 pm »
I remember sitting a cave and this demon wolf with wings kept laughing in what was meant to be an evil cackle I think (He just all caps HEHEHE).

Then he walked up to me and said "IM GONNA KILL U BECUZ THATS THE POINT OF DIS CARRIE!"

It provided me with a bit of fun to be honest, he chased me relentlessly and then drowned himself.

I would have laughed at him after drowning himself.

But I must agree with this, most characters I meet have little to no background, and are just evil and vicious for no reason whatsoever.
My character, Asylum, of course is insane. The name gives it away. But as a demonic being, you sometimes can't expect much else. But she has her reasons. Family reasons. Her father would reject and abuse her when she failed to do what he could not. Gee, what a fantastic father.
She kills a lot, yes. But that's only to blow off steam. The only reason she does it is when thoughts of her father pop into her head, and she just grows enraged. But it isn't always immediately when they come to mind, she sometimes holds off until she finds the right moment to do so. Sometimes these thoughts come out of nowhere and are off topic of current events. But who can blame her? She watched him kill her mother, and she's hated him for it ever since.
Asy may have a certain disorder, but, I have never found the time to research. Even though she's been an OC of mine for nearly three or four years now.
Yes, characters should have a background and a good reason for their actions. I've seen characters without bios all together, and claim to be evil and insane in local.
One person I found was quite amusing. They came into Ascension, looked at my friend's character, and poofed. She later came back as a new character, that looked very similar to my friend's, and they claimed that they were an evil, insane killer. The creativity is so low, I can't- *Dies a little inside*
But hey. You can't blame the kids. They don't know what they're doing when it comes to characters. They don't know what it takes to make a good character.
And then others are just lazy.

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 01:05:51 am »
My character was insane caused by the wrong brain chemicals shutting off, i don't mind it too, but atleast everyone just to have ONE not like a bizzilion of them. Tell me, i love feralheart till someone walks up to me and i don't wana rp and they just acr all insane,and even try to powerplay. not with my character, my character was created to due with my depression and hatred, because i know alot of people have these problems. I play with this character for awhile and go with my friends and do funny killing rps, and i feel better due to getting the deppression stress of my back, in this case, somehow a insane character helped me, and my character isn't nescarlly bad he just has personallity problems, and sometimes switching his personalitys like multiple personalities disorder, meaning he could be a kind and gentle wolf, then turn into a insane psycho-path killer.
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »
My character was insane caused by the wrong brain chemicals shutting off, i don't mind it too, but atleast everyone just to have ONE not like a bizzilion of them. Tell me, i love feralheart till someone walks up to me and i don't wana rp and they just acr all insane,and even try to powerplay. not with my character, my character was created to due with my depression and hatred, because i know alot of people have these problems. I play with this character for awhile and go with my friends and do funny killing rps, and i feel better due to getting the deppression stress of my back, in this case, somehow a insane character helped me, and my character isn't nescarlly bad he just has personallity problems, and sometimes switching his personalitys like multiple personalities disorder, meaning he could be a kind and gentle wolf, then turn into a insane psycho-path killer.

This thread is 3 months old, all the way back in September xD Please don't necro threads.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.