Author Topic: Villains, "Killers", and Insane Characters  (Read 8361 times)

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
Re: Villains, "Killers", and Insane Characters
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 04:51:53 pm »
That's why that many people that RP evil characters are normally bad at it. I roleplay on Garry's mod, on a game mode called Half Life 2 RP. In this RP you roleplay as a citizen from the Half-life 2 universe. To be Combine officers, you need to apply on the forums of that server. Many officers and rebels are bad at RP, simply due to the fact that they have the "lolz i haz gun so i shoot you nao." mentality. They are awful, because the main reason they want to be an officer or a rebel, is simply because they want a weapon and a uniform. They don't want to RP.

There are several officers who CAN RP VERY well. Some even do remorseRP (Where you roleplay your character being remorseful after they are forced to kill a citizen.) There are VERY FEW rebels who can RP well. Even when the officers try to have an 'evil' persona, they RP awfully, and laugh while they kill citizens. I was amputated (A term used in the Half-Life 2 universe when an officer executes a person they imprisoned) by an officer, who sawed my leg off, then shot me while laughing his head off. This is bad RP, because Combine officers are still human. So if you're a human, you probably wouldn't laugh while shooting a fellow human. Overall, the quality of these RP's are mediocre at best.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:39:19 pm by Pulp »

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 01:49:14 pm »
I don't see what the problem is with not continuing old threads, not many people post on game discussion every minute so it kinda gets boring if you ask me, because im always on game discussion to see what people have came up with, reason i never created a thread is because it could end up in a disaster. >>
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »
I don't see what the problem is with not continuing old threads, not many people post on game discussion every minute so it kinda gets boring if you ask me, because im always on game discussion to see what people have came up with, reason i never created a thread is because it could end up in a disaster. >>

Well necroing old threads is against the rules on the forum. If the thread died down a long time ago, you can try reviving it by making a newer similar thread. Staying on topic is another rule too.

Come on... I don't think your thread would end up in disaster. I think the only way it would end in disaster is if you post something that people find offensive; such as flaming/harassing others for any reason. As long as you make a thread that doesn't break any of the forum rules, everything will be okay. Don't be shy.
Inactive