Author Topic: Making Movie Clips for fun or communication  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Making Movie Clips for fun or communication
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:11 pm »
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread like this.

So who likes making movie clips either for fun, or to communicate with someone across the map? or even just make a series of movie clips with another player? First off, I don't mean spamming movies. I dislike that, too.

I, personally, like to make movie clips for fun, and with friends. And sometimes I've noticed others across the map will join in, or write a reply/review to the movie cilp you've made, Via movie clip.

Personally, when people suggest removing movie clips because some misuse it (Spamming, for example) that kind of upsets me, I like the movie clips and find them highly entertaining.

So what about you? Like it? Hate it? Whatever you opinion, I'd like to hear your thoughts on using the movie clips!
And the ways you use them.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Making Movie Clips for fun or communication
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 05:09:11 pm »
If they remove it, we will only be able to go to SB to advertise in Local.

And if they do, I will scream.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:15:29 pm »
I prefer using video clips to communicate and advertise. If you want to play with it and toy around with the movie maker, just use "test"  just to see what you look like. I hate to be blunt but I have to be if I am going to be honest....

I highly doubt several hundred strangers care when you make a video clip that says "Look at me!" "I'm dancing guys, Im dancing!"  "Whoop dee doo!" with your character posing/whatever. I certainly don't care and especially since there is a test button where you can see what it looks like without needing to show it off to everyone else, if you're just playing with it you should use the "Test" button instead.

If it is that important to someone that they have to show it off to their friends or something, they can learn to use a free-trial video-making/screen recording software, and upload the video to Youtube or something. I can almost guarentee you can probably do a LOT more to it (editing and camera angles) than you could just playing with movie maker if you try.

I just find it frustrating when I see video clips that say "Hi :D" real quick and then cut out when I'm busy looking for something. Was posting that really necessary? Was it even that funny? No.  And I again, I doubt anyone cared. Its frustrating when movie-maker has become the key way of communicating in Fluorite at a distance, and yet people still fill it with "silly stuff." Yes, its a game, yes you can relax, be goofy, whatever  and no I cannot speak for the majority and can only speak for myself but in my personal opinion...do it to your friends in close range or through whisper. Not strangers who will probably be more annoyed than amused.

Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:17:46 pm by Silhouette »

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »
I don't like movie clips... I'm sorry but I just don't... I don't think I ever have xD - So much pointless material is shown within the short footage and some can be pure spam, held on for 7 seconds with a sparkle-dog dancing with no text. I could have spent that 7 seconds looking for a roleplay... Though I now turn movie off and head to the SB or Cape to look for roleplays because Movie annoys me that much. ;-;

I wouldn't mind as much if they were used within a reasonable boundary with clips worth watching or that need to be posted for roleplay advertisement... But I can't say I ever watch any if for some strange reason I've left the clips on for a while longer than normal.
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:27 am »
Being easily entertained I personally find it amusing when a random video pops up and its a bunch of sparke-things dancing. I also make movie clips for fun. I mean, I never advertise, so what else should I use it for?
If people use it to communicate...I think those players need to learn how to use the CHATBOX. Some people call it spamming....I can see that too. But if they don't like the movies people are making then they shouldn't watch them. Simple as that, right?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:17:20 pm by DevilBurgers »

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:18:36 am »
Being easily entertained I personally find it amusing when a random video pops up and its a bunch of sparke-things dancing. I also make movie clips for fun. I mean, I never advertise, so what else should I use it for? Not that I'm going to
If people use it to communicate...I think those players need to learn how to use the CHATBOX. Some people call it spamming....I can see that too. But if they don't like the movies people are making then they shouldn't watch them. Simple as that, right?
Right. There is an option for removing movie clips. ^_^

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »
There are really not many movie clips being made constantly except for Fluorite. Usually when I get to Fluorite I just turn off the movies since I'm never looking for an rp or communicating with someone; I always whisper/talk in local anyways. They don't bother me that way, and I don't really mind that some people use the movies to communicate. What really annoys me is when people are spamming them, however.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 11:37:45 pm »
Heck, i made some yesterday because me and some other buddies on in BFI,
We were making DANCE videos! :D
'We Can Dance If WE Want Too!' Ect. :) its all in good fun , but one of them some one else made about a pack at SB o.O?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 11:59:10 pm »
Wow I havent posted on anything in forever :O Any way, I believe that Movie chat can be annoying for the Role-players (Like myself) since we are almost enraged to click on one that just says "Hi or "Yeah did you see that??!?!?!". But I would never get to the point where Id want Movie clips taken out, I mean....Isnt General being dead enough?
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer