Author Topic: The Evil Within...a MLP:FiM Horror Series, Part 2  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Stargatefan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Someday, I will marry space.
    • View Profile
The Evil Within...a MLP:FiM Horror Series, Part 2
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:08 am »
Hey floofs! This is part 2 to my horror series. There will be blood in this series, and i'm giving this a K+ or T rating. Not M, and this series won't have any swear words that aren't replaced with less-intense ones (buck, hay, etc.). So, thanks for reading. This part has, as much as I'd hate to admit: Applejack, SkyDoesMinecraft (Sky), and some other ponies. Deal, okay?! Please? I like YouTube...Anyfloof, enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I lick my lips in anticipation. My eyes are narrowed, my course set. The barrels are just in front of me...I kick off with such force that I nearly send myself flying. My hooves beat the ground and a cloud of dust billows behind me. I leap into the air and kick the barrels down one by one. They fall with a crash, and I realize just how strong my legs really are. I continue on the course, kicking down everything in my path. I break through the ribbon, panting. Applejack trots up to me, a smile on her face. I smile back. "That was good, sugar cube!" she beams. I can't help but feel proud of myself. It's not everypony that gets to train with the best of the best.
     "Aw, you're too kind, Applejack," I say sheepishly. She blushes. "Why thank ya kindly," she says, "but it's really not me who decides whether or not you're fit for the army, is it?" I start to shake my head, then stop. "Wait--you're not recruiting?" I say. Applejack shakes her head as well. "Naw, it ain't me. I'm an apple-picker, not a soldier." "Then who...?" I begin. "That'd be me." I hear another pony speak. I can tell by the voice that it's a colt, and then he comes into view. He's about the same height as Applejack and he's light peach. He wears a gray outfit that's really complicated, and around his neck hangs a golden amulet. In the center of the amulet lies a purple gem. His hair is brown, and he wears sunglasses. I see he's wearing red boots, and his cutie mark is an ingot of gold. I recognize him almost immediately.
     "Are you Sky?" I blurt. I'm starstruck; ever since I was a filly I've been a fan of Sky Army. I've always wanted to join, and now that I'm meeting him..."Yes, I'm Sky," he says, a bit embarrassed. "I'm--I'm such a fan, sir, I just don't know what to say--" I splutter. We shake hooves, and he chuckles good-naturedly. "Please, just call me Sky," he says. He peers behind me at the course I've just run. I step aside to let him see better. "I see you don't like barrels?" he jokes. I laugh. "No," I say. "They're too wooden. They really need personalities," I continue. He laughs at my joke--oh my Celestia, he just laughed at my joke! I try to keep from squealing in fanmare excitement.
     Sky regains his composure and clears his throat. "I think you'd be of use to us, Ms...?" he says. I'm silent for a few seconds, then I realize he wants my name. Duh! I scold myself. "Dawn. Sunset Dawn, to be exact," I say. Sky seems to drift off for a bit. He stares into space. "Dawn..." he mutters. "Dawn...what a lovely name." He snaps himself out of it and turns back to me. "Right then, Ms. Dawn," he continues in the same cheery manner as before, "welcome to Sky Army." I'm so happy! I prance in place from one hoof to the next. "I see you're excited?" Sky says. I nod vigorously. "Of course, who wouldn't be?" Sky asks to nopony. It seems to be a rhetorical question, but something doesn't seem right. I feel a bit uneasy now, and something tells me I shouldn't be too open with him.
     Sky leads me to the headquarters where I'll be staying. He shows me to my private quarters, then leaves me. I unpack my things, but then after only a few minutes somepony pounds on my door. I open it, and I'm surprised to find a battered, beaten pony. She's panting and looking about wildly. "I need to talk to you,"  she says rapidly. I usher her in and close the door. "Lock it," commands the stranger. I do as I'm told. "Who are you? What is it?" I ask. "My name is River. River Song. And...I don't have much time, so you have to listen to me," she says. "River Song..." I echo. The name sounds familiar, but I don't bother to look for it in my mental vault.
     "If you see a pony named Deadlox, don't trust him. Don't go anywhere with him, don't talk to him, don't...just stay away from him. Do you understand me?" River says. I nod, unsure. "But why?" I ask. "It's...too horrible. I'm lucky to have escaped with my life," River says briskly. I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it, so I don't question further. "But--" I begin. What's wrong with Deadlox? He's a friend of Sky's, right? "Don't do anything with Rainbow Dash, either," River says sharply. "Follow my directions and you'll be just fine. I hope." This is confusing. "What's happenedto you? You look awful," I comment. River ignores my question. "I wouldn't trust Sky, either," she says instead. "But he's--it's-- it's not like I can avoid him!" I say. I pause, thinking. "Now that you mention it, he seemed a bit...I don't know...shifty, earlier," I say after a bit. River nods quickly. "I think they're up to something, I just can't put my hoof on it. I'd stay away from them all, if I were you. But you can't sneak away. Sky has connections, they all do. You'd be dead in a matter of hours. Just lay low, and don't tell ANYPONY about our little chat here." She sighs. "I shouldn't have told you, I'm so sorry..." she says, sounding close to tears. "I'm going to die...this might be my last conversation...but I had to warn you. Stay close. Stay out of trouble, and avoid Deadlox and Rainbow Dash. They're not good ponies, even though they might make it seem that way." She has tears in her eyes now. "I'm so sorry..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
River Song...do you see what I did there? *sly grin* Anyway, I hope you liked eet. This is sort of fun to write...
What's With River?: River Song is the pony in the first part. She was captured by the ponies of the Rainbow Factory and narrowly escaped. She managed to bust Scootaloo's cage open and took her with her. She jumped from Cloudsdale, but managed to conjure up a protection spell so that they didn't die. Scootaloo is far away now, far away from Cloudsdale and headed for Canterlot. But River is certain that Deadlox and Rainbow Dash are on her trail and she doesn't have much time. She found Dawn and warned her, but now the ponies that are Always Watching are on her scent too...
Thanks for readin'!
     -Stargate
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:36:43 pm by Stargate »

Check it:
Wattpad: @Starla-Larla
Ao3: Starla_Larla
Tumblr: this-is-the-starla-tag.tumblr.com
In-game: Stargatefan