Author Topic: Map Exporting  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
Map Exporting
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:55:58 am »
Okay guys, I need help for the 37,000th time.

I press "export" after I'm done with my map but while it's exporting, it crashes and says "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working"

What have I dooone?

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Map Exporting
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:25:39 am »
Hrrm, I'd suggest that you first look in your FH>>Media>>Particles folder and deleting any files that end in _0 or _1, since sometimes these duplicate files will make the game crash, and they always seem to appear after exporting a map.

Restart your game, and see if this helps you out.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:31:04 am »
Hrrm, I'd suggest that you first look in your FH>>Media>>Particles folder and deleting any files that end in _0 or _1, since sometimes these duplicate files will make the game crash, and they always seem to appear after exporting a map.

Restart your game, and see if this helps you out.

I looked in my Particles file, but there are no duplicates.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:18 am »
This problem is unusual so i don't know the exact answer, but this happened once to ZombehKitteh and it was because she had too much objects groups with many meshes in a single map, and that ate all the video card memory.
Also could happen if you have an invalid mesh file or texture.

I suggest that you back-up your entire feralHeart folder and/or your maps and you try to delete complete objects groups from your map one by one by directly deleting the .object files, restart the game and to try to export your map each time you deleted one object group.
This is just to try to search wich object group could be causing a problem.
Then once you know wich one is wrong, you restore all the rest of them.

In the case your map is huge or has a lot of objects, make a back up of your map and try to delete half of the objects of it by editing the file yourmapnameObjects.cfg, just as a try, not permanently.

I hope this idea can be helpful.

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »
Could you elaborate a bit more on the invalid texture situation? I put two textures in my game that weren't already there, that may be my issue.

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »
By invalid texture i meant to be corrupt and making the game to crash when loaded, but if you dont get some textures showing or they are base white, this is another different problem. For basewhite textures you need to check the material names on your objects to match the material name declared on the material scripts, and also to check your material scripts are calling the correct images and does not have sintax errors. thisis so long to explain on detail and may require you to read a whole tutorial.

I still thinking that you need to do trial and error at deleting/restoring objects groups, at least you have a chance to get your map to work.

In the worst case, if you spent a lot of time making your map, you could send me your map unexported wich his meshes and all objects and i can check it, but no promisses at fixing it succesfully.