Author Topic: Terms To Know When On FeralHeart (Updated, hopefully fixed)  (Read 2061 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Terms To Know When On FeralHeart (Updated, hopefully fixed)
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:38:21 pm »
I read over the comments and I have changed the forum.  I hope this agrees with all of you better.

Realistic - Color
A realistic colored character will have colors that the breed can have in real life.  If you can't see it in real life then it isn't realistic coloring.  Also the markings should be realistic.  For example a realistic husky should have the husky markings and a color like black, brown or grey.

Realistic - Character
Just because a character looks realistic doesn't mean it has a realistic personality.  A realistic character doesn't have any powers or can do anything a real animal can't do.  For example a character that can read minds is not a realistic character.  A wolf that doesn't eat meat is not a realistic character.

Semi Realistic - Color
A semi realistic character has the normal colors for a real animal but has unnatural colored markings or markings with a natural color but the marking itself doesn't match the character's breed.  For example a brown wolf with black tiger markings or a grey cat with blue spots.

Unrealistic - Color
A unrealistic colored character will not resemble a real animal at all.  They will have colors like blue, pink, green or other colors you don't see on a real animal.  Their markings can be anything.  They can have wings but don't need them to be unrealistic.  For an example a pink wolf with blue leopard markings is an unrealistic colored character.

Unrealistic - Character
A character can look realistic but act unrealistic.  A character who has powers or can use magic or items humans use is an unrealistic character.  For example a character who holds and uses a sword is a unrealistic character.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:21:57 pm by Rustys »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Terms To Know When On FeralHeart
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:09 pm »
I disagree with these. I don't think it is wise to divide characters solely based on the realism of their appearance and call it realistic, but rather divide them based on the realism of everything about them. That would include the appearance AND the makeup and execution of you play that character. What I mean is, you can have a black Labrador, and by your definition its "realistic." However, I could easily have the same realistically designed Labrador and yet he's some magic-wielding time-traveling dog, which is'nt realistic.

As for literate and illiterate, it is good to note that while even in Feral-heart these terms are not used according to their dictionary definition, the length of the post has nothing to do with literacy. Here is an example of what I mean.

Ex: "I didn't say anything! I swear!" she growled.

Is JUST as "literate" as

EX: "I didn't say anything! I swear!" She growled as she took her front paws off of the rock. Shaking her head at him, she turned away. Moments later, she was gone.

The 2nd one is obviously much longer but the grammar and spelling (for the most part, I'm like anyone else, I'm not perfect) but its STILL just as "literate" as the first and the first one is no better or worse than the 2nd one. Its just short, sweet, and to the point.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 02:13:31 am »
You both have VERY valid points, but there will be and are always exceptions.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:56:15 pm »
You make a good point Silhouette.  I am just trying to help newer players understand the difference.  But I can add what you said.  However for the time being I have other things to do and I only popped in to see if there were any posts.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:41:45 pm »
This belongs in Member Made Tutorials, I believe.

However, I disagree with this too. You can't say a white wolf is realistic when it has witch powers etc. Thus, basing characters by looks isn't the best way to go. About literate users, it's not fair to say that a person who uses single lines is classified as illiterate.

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 12:10:27 am »
It isnt, but if you where to say go up to a more Realistic and Literate wolf/cat (What ever your joining) and they asked for a Role-Play sample.....Typing in ["It wasnt me! I swear" She growled] Probably wont get you in as if you said [The Female wolfs hair spiked up, as she inclined her head and growled "It Wasnt me! I swear!". Tears streamed down the wolfs face, making her words mumbled and unclear to her Alpha male] You know?
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:55 am »
I will change the things you have all said.  Thank you for your comments.
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline SparkFenx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »
Literacy is the competence to read and write. Not how long a post is.

Realism is just that: Realistic. All characters - excluding some  - are unrealistic on FH. They have manes, unusual markings, have human emotions, human traits, the list goes on.

You can say your wolf is realistic because it's pure gray, or your cat is realistic because it's orange with deeper orange stripes, when even that is not realistic. Wolves aren't pure gray, cats aren't neon orange. It's just more realistic than some others.

As far as FH terms, these are true, but it upsets me most of FH uses such things.

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
Illiterate would actually be something like:

-growls- i kill u

-kills-

kills haha ur ded

And so on... ewe
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Re: Terms To Know When On FeralHeart (Updated, hopefully fixed)
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 02:53:26 am »
I fixed it, I hope.  What do you guys think now?
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru