Author Topic: Do you think some people use the block button for the wrong reasons?  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
We all know what the use of the block button is for in this game; it pretty much lets a user block trolls, bullies, rule-breakers, spammers, and anyone who insists on harrassing people. It really comes in handy, especially when someone persistantly harrasses you.

But have you ever experienced a situation where someone blocked you, your friends, or someone else for "all the wrong reasons"? Back when I was a newbie to this game, I was roleplaying with some people in a fox RP. We had somehow stumbled into a wolf packs "territory". Well, the leader of the wolf pack was all like, "Why the hell are there a bunch of foxes here?!?!?" and he said it OOC too. One of his pack mates was all like, "I don't know," then the leader said, "Screw it! Let's just block them all!" And so me and the foxes were blocked by these wolves when we really did nothing to them, but just gather into what they thought was thier "territory". We weren't even chatting in local chat, we were all talking in group, so the wolves couldn't hear us.
There have been a few other incidents where I was blocked for uneccesary reasons. I was blocked by someone all because I asked them to quit swearing at my friends. They got mad and were all like, "OMG Im going to BLOCK U! YOU CAN"T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!" And then there was a time I was roleplaying with a few friends in a semi-realistic roleplay. Some random people showed up out of no where and started attacking us with powerplay. I told them that I wasn't going to RP with them if they were going to powerplay like that, they got upset, and they blocked me for being a "powerplayer" because I didn't die like they said I should. I even got blocked by someone because they said I stole their irl name.... Really? They blocked me all because I told them that I wasn't going to change my character's name.  ::)

Do you think it's really annoying when people use the block button to block someone for no good reason at all? Has someone ever blocked you for some silly reason? Have you seen it happen to someone else? Got any amusing stories to share?
Inactive

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think some people use the block button for the wrong reasons?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:04:34 pm »
I think and witnessed some people block others for the wrong reasons.
Back when I was a newb', I followed the track of one of the dots on my map.

The person obviously overreacted, saying something close to: "GOSH CAN'T U SEE I'M RPING?" He then unfriended me and blocked me. I forgot his username since then and I think he kept me blocked. That was a pretty useless move he decided to do, it was the first time I decided to come and see him so he had obviously NO reasons to block me for harassment.

If he didn't want to see my face, he shouldn't have friended me, anyway.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:42:56 am »
I, GreatFully, Have Never Experienced This (as far as I know, No one thought I needed Blocking :P)

And, Lady, How could you have known it was they're 'IRL' name? :P I mean seriously, what has the generation come too?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:59:59 am »
Once I had been RPing as a loner with a wolf pack. Then they randomly stopped RPing, and when I asked why, someone said "OMG just go away. -leblocks-"

Yeah, the feature is abit abused.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:27:17 am »
I have been blocked for many reasons.
Here's a few:
Saying Hello
Having people copy my characters, then blocking me so I won't complain
Asking for help from other players when I was a newbie
Talking about toast.
The toast one was pretty funny. The kid said: "omg. nobody likes toast shut the /insert swear word here/ up!!!!"
One of my favorites, was when I was sitting in Last Cave, and two players came in. They were obviously mates. But, as my friend and I sat there trying to enjoy ourselves, they began to howl continuously.
I had asked them to stop in a polite manner, and the female came up to me with the snarl emote, and began to rage at me. The male came over as well, and began to support the female. I simply stood up for myself, and she soon thought I was calling her bi-sexual when I used the 'BI'(Grumpy) face in the chat. I told her several times it was a face, but every time I used it, she would flip out, so I stopped using it. Soon, it all ended with a single and rather hurtful statement from her, and she and her mate blocked me.
This event didn't bother me. In fact, my friend and I burst out laughing after they blocked us both. But a good example of idiots for you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:38:33 am by KiraBomei »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:28 am »
I personally have had no one block me for no reason (that I can remember of). But I have seen it once with another person. Back before general chat was removed, I was simply reading through the conversations of random people in the chat. Then I remember the subject changed to the block button, and I don't really remember the conversation much. But I do remember someone saying, "I got blocked by a random person I haven't even talked to before!" I don't remember anything after that. When I rejoined the forums and I downloaded my first map, I remember going in, and there was a few people roleplaying. I was just looking around, when the alpha of the pack said something like, "If u don't leave in the nxt 10 seconds, were going 2 block u" I didn't respond, but I remember having to get off anyways at that moment, and they didn't block me.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:23:27 am »
Yes. Many times.
Block button is being very abused...

Back when I was a active roleplayer, I was in Bonfire, bored, and decided to run around the island. (Yes I am crazy .___."")
When I stopped and jumped to a rock where a person was on, he said me to leave because it was him rock and wasn't going to share it with someone else. "The map is public. So the rock is", I replied in a polite way, not wanting to offend him.
But he said "Go away, *censored*, this is STILL my rock."
Erm, he blocked me, maybe I took a screenshot of the offense but don't know where is it. But... Oh well. >.>

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:41:10 pm »
I have been blocked for many reasons.
Here's a few:
Saying Hello
Having people copy my characters, then blocking me so I won't complain
Asking for help from other players when I was a newbie
Talking about toast.
The toast one was pretty funny. The kid said: "omg. nobody likes toast shut the /insert swear word here/ up!!!!"

Seriously? All because you were talking about toast? Oh the silly reasons people block others. And I find it really rude that someone would block you all because they didn't want to help a new person.

But he said "Go away, *censored*, this is STILL my rock."
Erm, he blocked me, maybe I took a screenshot of the offense but don't know where is it. But... Oh well. >.>

You can find your Feral Heart screenshots in your Feral Heart folder. To find it, you click the Start button, then go to My Computer, click on the Hard Disk drives / or local disk C: . In there, you should be able to find a folder that says Feral Heart. Click on it, and somewhere in there is the folder for the screenshots you took of the game. That's how you find it if you have a Windows computer.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:43:41 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »
It is annoying, and I was in that situation. One day, I was crazy and had wolf named like Warrior Cat with wings. :I I flied to some Warrior gathering and saw guy named Dumbstar, sorry, Hawkstar. I said something like "Wow, a lion sized Warrior Cat :I". He said I have wings, I'm named like cat and that I tried to troll. I was like "What?!". Then he blocked me. I tried to use one cat to talk with him, but it wasn't very interested. Once I even tried to use friend, he always rejected like a 3 year old crying for mommy and scared to solve the problem in person. I wanted to kill him so hard so he dies from death! XD You probably wonder why making such a mess from tiny thing, but trust me it was frustrating. Those people don't realize. Once I had Rp, me as forever alone alpha, no mate *sob*. There was black and white lion with Christmas hat. She (or he I don't remember) entered our den. I was talking in group wondering should we block it but everyone said that would be mean and we should let it. I accepted and realized it's a good kitty. It only liked to hang out with wolves more so I wasn't so sorry because I didn't block her, it had nice personality. Players should stop judging by dumb things, act better and solve problems on harder but better way.
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »
A lot of people are sensitive or simply young, and the Block button is sometimes one of the solutions to make you go away. Personally, I couldn't care less about you if you're like: "AMG IM SO BLOKING U". Go along, fine by me.

But yes, a lot of people use this handy button for wrong reasons.