Author Topic: Game keeps crashing after adding new files  (Read 1063 times)

Offline HakubiLee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Weeping willow, won't you wallow louder?
    • View Profile
Game keeps crashing after adding new files
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:07:14 pm »
So, I got this Waters pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lw97vrl9wwky4vl/Waters.zip
Now my game won't load.
I've deleted every file that came with it, and I've checked all the basic game-crashies-causers that I could remember. Could someone tell me what's up? Opening the folder and examining the files would be appreciated, but it doesn't seem like it'd matter since I deleted them all.

Deleting my game is not an option, I've got two years worth of crap on this computer I don't want to lose.

Thanks for any help!
I'm back to share art, and start roleplays!!

In-game I am HakubiLee!

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Game keeps crashing after adding new files
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:22:17 pm »
Ah Well I'm diagnosing the file as we speak, although.. one of the problems I'm thinking that may have happened is that.. one of the files you have to download.. replaces the normal FH files(water.material) so if you went in and deleted that file to try and fix it, then it will cause your game to crash. Did you do this? Check by going to Media>Particles. If not, then I will diagnose it further ^^

EDIT: The files worked perfectly fine for me. So you may have placed them wrong.

Now here's the problem.. replacing the water.material file might cause your game to have serious problems.. which might have been what has happened.

Proper placement:
Bubble.png -> Media-> Particles
Wave01.png-> Media-> Particles
Wave01.material ->Media ->Particles
Waterfallparticle.particle -> Media -> Particles
Water.Material -> Media -> Particles (MUST Replace or it will not show)
Water Streamy.png -> Media -> Particles
WolfessWaters.object -> Media -> Objects
Waterfall.wav -> Media -> Sounds
Sea.mp3 -> Media -> Music

My assumption is that you deleted the water.material. If I'm incorrect.. then your FH is bugged.. when redownloading it.. you do not have to delete all your previous files.. it may take a while but once you have the new FH.. copy and paste all the files(that you know work) in each folder from the older FH into the new one... it takes a while but it's worth it. If you have any further questions or problems, let me know~ Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:40:02 pm by RawSyndicate »