Author Topic: Problem with downloading someone else's preset.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Problem with downloading someone else's preset.
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:38:53 pm »
So, I tryed to download a preset so I could see them in-game but there if a problem
Everytime I try to download it (I have WinRAR) a error window pops up and says "The archive is either in unknown
format or dameged". Every other download I tried worked fine but just with the presets it does this.
   Anyone know what caused this? :/

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with downloading someone else's preset.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:42:43 pm »
I think if you are getting a message like that, then there probably is something wrong with the file. Sometimes when files are to corrupted then systems like that may say "unknown file" I would perhaps ask the person who you are wanting to see and ask them to make another link. I prefer Dropbox or media fire for preset sharing stuff
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:49:43 pm »
I think if you are getting a message like that, then there probably is something wrong with the file. Sometimes when files are to corrupted then systems like that may say "unknown file" I would perhaps ask the person who you are wanting to see and ask them to make another link. I prefer Dropbox or media fire for preset sharing stuff

I use media fire and the preset archive on Red's website. For some
reason they're going into a different file(Temp) in my OS instead of the regular download box.
It's alright now since I got it in my Presets folder c:

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
Yeah Reds Archive does this weird codeine thing on a page so I never really use it, but wonderful that your Presets are working now :)
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358