Author Topic: Say you'll quit feral heart for good but come back eventually?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Say you'll quit feral heart for good but come back eventually?
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »
Was there a time?  Where you had decided that you would wanted to quit feral heart for good? You tell all your close friends about you are leaving and will not be coming back for whatever reason, whatever it is the people here that are trolling you. Drama, or just lost the motivation for playing this game. You may even think about making a thread stating that you are leaving to those who probably had looked up to you in the game or on the forums.

Once all of that is done... You are now onto step three and this is optional... Considering uninstalling feral heart or just leaving it alone. Now that you quit, here's the funny part that most likely happens to people when they had either rage quit or just vowed to stay off the game and never return...

They ALWAYS eventually come back!

Now do not get me wrong here, I know there are people who can actually say their good byes to this game and not even come back for good, and there are some people. (I am one of them...) Who can say that they are leaving feral heart for good and is not coming back... But three months later or two, or a year or a two that player just randomly comes back.

No matter how frustrated and boring this game can be to you, there is this particular thing that makes you want to come back to feral heart. Then again... Sometimes when feral heart comes into your mind do you remember all the good times  you had on this game? Or is there a random screenshot or a mod that perked your interest and suddenly! You decided to re-install feral heart. However, you might think in your mind about why did you  decided to quit in the first place?

As little as you know that question you just asked has been quickly answer, and it will sometimes give you a nice reminder of why'd you quit the game in the first place. Making you logging quickly back off the game and uninstalling it. Yet, again.

However that craving for feral heart crawls back into your head... And you will eventually come back again. Did this happen to you?

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: Say you'll quit feral heart for good but come back eventually?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:08:29 pm »
There is something about FeralHeart that just makes it special, and I get a craving for it. It may not seem healthy but its the truth at that. I can't explain it, but thinking back to when I first joined FH, there was a certain feel, a certain specialness, that just made it......amazing. It wasn't just one of those games that you would go on, get a highscore, and get off, just for the fun of it. It was something allot more. Now I think it has changed a little, but it is still special. There were times in my life when I considered quitting, but every time I was drawn back. It's just the way FeralHeart is, it does something to you. Now I can never let go.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:07:20 pm »
Well, this is a very common phenomenon throughout gaming or anything for that matter. World of Warcraft is a very good example for this; there is always someone who claims they are leaving for good, but come back a year later. Most MMORPGs, like Feral Heart, have this vibe in their audiences that seem inevitable and a sure situation to happen. It's not that simple to just leave and be done. In other words, leaving someting for good takes as much commitment from where you actually joined to begin with. Again, it can be anything from cooking, boxing, eating junk food, you name it. After so long in engaging in whatever the muse is, it will come back or it will remain in the past for good.

It really comes down to whether you want to commit to not returning to something and succeed. Or just take a break. It does get mundane to do the same thing for seven, straight months or however long. If you leave for good, just take time to find something else that forfills your time in the way you see more fitting to avoid going back. If you're the type to leave and come back, you needed a break. Always think about how much time there is and how you plan to spend it, thus you can know what you are saying when you use the phase, "I'm leaving for good."
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:15 pm »
Oh Believe me, I know people who are NEVER coming back, and they never have.
Although most would, like I did (Not online as much, noticed?) but they may leave again, not to return again.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:26 pm »
I didn't quit FH, I just thought of it. I was sitting on the bus on the way home, and my thoughts went to Feral Heart. I wondered why FH was so addicting, and why I'm on it almost every day. As Kiaz said, there is something special about it that hooks you onto it, and it's like my addiction. But then I realized that I focused too much on FH, not on my studies, and just staying online on the forums and seeing if anyone has responded takes up too much of my time. I also realized that (at that point) there was no point in Feral Heart, since I don't go in-game no more and the RPs aren't as active. I decided to quit Feral heart for a while and come back in the summer. With that decision, I went home, got onto FH to update my profile, and as usual, I check my "new replies to my post" and of course, there is a bunch of them. I decided to take a quick peek at them, but not saying anything, and as I posted something for an RP, I went on and on and on for the rest. ;-; So, you get the point - I cannot get off FH. It's too addicting and practically lures online. I know there will be some point in my life where I would quit Feral Heart, but right now... - grabs onto FH drools over it - Never letting go O_o

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »
The only time I've ever said I'm leaving was when life was being rather... insane, and it wasn't fair to the rps I was in to stay. Hehe. I can never put the game down for a long while, I'm always having new ideas of what I can do! I honestly think we're all addicted to the friends we make and the rps we come to love- not the game itself. I remember when a favorite rp of mine shut down I lost all motivation to touch the game for months!

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:43:49 pm »
I've actually left Feralheart far too many times recently. It was mainly because I had too much on my plate to even begin thinking about the gameplay as well as all my very wonderful friends... friends who have long forgotten about me and have moved on. My life was upholding a traumatic line of events and it eventually took my grasp upon Feralheart away. I never intended to leave at those times, let alone quit... but you have to understand that everyone has a life outside the screen and simply don't have the time to log on or even use technology in general. It is all based on their preferences whether they see this sort of thing as desirably permanent or something mandatory / temporary.

If they feel the need to come back, it's as good a chance that they will. There is no law saying that once you leave you can never return, even if you are certain you won't be coming back ever again. The reason I have come back was because Feralheart, in some way, made me more interactive with other people. It made me feel less alone than how I usually felt when seeing people in my peripheral vision. It was also the good memories I shared with my Feralheart friends that made me want to come back, no matter if they have forgotten me or simply don't need my company anymore. There is always something new to expect and this is perhaps the cause of the longing desire to return. People might just receive that 'craved' feeling that makes us... well, human.

So what if I say I would never come back? You say that. Go up to someone and say that you are leaving something / someone for good and that you are certain you will never come back. Now think about it for a bit... how will life change if you just left something you were once a great part of? If you enjoy something very much, then it might feel like you have taken away the ability to breathe once you've left it, no? It all becomes a part of your own history, your wonderful memories... and even if you have moved on from that, there will be times where you randomly start thinking about it again. It only takes that much to make you want to go back, and it simply cannot be controlled. There is a different story, however... If there is someone who dislikes something, there's not much effort to forget about it immediately and move on. Everyone has their different perspectives on things... it is simply nature as well as life.

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Lokiisboss

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 11:54:57 pm »
I've had a ton of people leave the game for good. The majority of my friends who were a mix of Map makers, off map role-players, literates, and frustrated role-play hosters left the game perminantly. I still have them on Skype, and they say they don't regret it. I think they're crazy, but they couldn't handle how hard role-play got when General was removed and the illiterates migrating to Flourite. It's sad, but I don't plan on leaving. Though, if rp gets worse than it is already without General, I might consider it. All my mapped role-plays died, my friends abandoned the game, and recruiting became MUCH harder as a result.

In all, in my experience a TON of people left the game and haven't returned... I hope they do someday but I can't predict that.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadows of death, I fear no evil for thou art with me with rod and staff to comfort me.

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:55:03 pm »
You guys came out with some wonderful answers, that even I could not have think of. I can see that half of the community left because it hard finding good role plays and changes. This mostly happen to a lot of games that loses it's hype... However I am pretty sure some  of those players will peek there head onto the forums to see what's up. :P

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
If I ever quit Feral Heart (doubt that I would ever.) I wouldn't know what to
do with my life anymore.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?