Author Topic: Are all Mate Beggars like this?  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Are all Mate Beggars like this?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »
I love these kind of threads so much! (I was totally not stalking through all the stories and snort-laughing at the fails of derps XD)

I've substituted the name 'Bob' in for the male user, and 'Shaniqua' fr the female one c:

Me: -chills at SB on a new female char, doing my bio-
Bob: *sits beside* hello
Me: (jolts out of reverie) Hello there.
Bob: are u a female?
Me: (slightly insulted) I am indeed.
Bob: are you single?
Me: Yes...
Bob: my mate died and left alone im so lonely want to be mates
Me: No thank-you, I'm not looking for a mate right now. -moves away and sits on the other side-
Bob: oh ok your not that good looking anyway, your so mean i hate you im alone and you ignored me
Me: -remains silent-
Shaniqua (Bright pink wolf): I be ur mate, bob
Bob: -sudden Rp- the male wolf looked at the she and smiled 'wanna be mates' he said and blushed
Shaniqua: the she wolf licked her mates cheek
Bob: bob got up and licked his mate back 'wanna go to a cave' he said

-the two illits run off into the sunset-

Me: -Rolls on the ground laughing irl and stays that way for about 10 minutes-

Yup. C: XD

Hahaha, I think thats one of the best ones I've read in a while.

Seriously, where do these kids get the idea rejection = the automatic right to throw a tantrum and petty insults?

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:44 pm »
You'd be surprised when typically I'm a female character (since I am irl) then the minute I change to my male character, Zedekiah all the girls are like, "Love meeeee.... I need a mateeee... Oh hey! You're a dude? I think you're cute," etc. etc. It gets old, but meh, so do the melodramatic rp pups XD

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 10:53:17 pm »

Hahaha, I think thats one of the best ones I've read in a while.

Seriously, where do these kids get the idea rejection = the automatic right to throw a tantrum and petty insults?

Stupid HollyWood has put it in their heads :P

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:30:36 am »
This sometimes applies to RP too :I

I'll be Rping people and someone will come and RP hit on my char.

I'm much to awkward to RP have a mate XD

So I'll be like "Er... Nu."

And people OOC get offended! I mean it's RP for fudge sake, what my char does does not mean I hate you irl... Jeebers.

People who take RP personally *facedesk*

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 10:47:44 am »
I only hate one mate-begger incendent. This happened via whisper. Notice the "Flourite Plains-" at the top. It was literally seconds after I arrived

-Flourite Plains-
MB: HI
Me: Hello
MB: r u a grl?
Me: Yes.
MB: B MY M8 PLSE
Me: Sorry, no.
MB: y
Me: I don't want a mate
MB: Y
Me: It doesnt fit my character
MB: WHO CARES
Me: I do.
MB: R you cat or dog
Me: Im a wolf.
MB: Oh

Then they shut up.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:06 am »
Ah, mate beggars....gotta love 'em >_>'
I it's funny how they act all lovey dovey with you to try and get them to be your mate, and then when you reject them it's like they suddenly hate you and say that you were ugly and stuff

IF THEY WERE UGLY WHY DID YOU ASK THEM TO BE YOUR MATE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

They just do that to get attention. I said no to a wolf once (keep in mind that I was on my feline character at the time) and he started telling everyone I was a hacker. Then like two more illiterates started ganging up on me and threatened to report me. While all that derp was going on, the rejected wolf started Rping suicide.... Mate Beggars these days. ._.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline ~|Cookie|~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:43 am »
Wow.... I am now afraid to go to FP.

Amazing siggy by Rita! Thank you floof!
The amazing Derp!
Find me in game as ~|Cookie|~!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »
Well, from what I've experienced, mate-beggars tend to do this often. Some run away in a tantrum and some will persistently follow you after the fourth, "no."

They just do that to get attention. I said no to a wolf once (keep in mind that I was on my feline character at the time) and he started telling everyone I was a hacker. Then like two more illiterates started ganging up on me and threatened to report me. While all that derp was going on, the rejected wolf started Rping suicide.... Mate Beggars these days. ._.
Again, common thing, sad, but true. What truly bothers me about the mate-beggars is the negation of themselves. Nevermind the fact they're trying to find a "mate," but the actions they do afterwards. They'll say they are ugly, get enraged, make threats to themselves, this, for any situation, just isn't good at all.
If someone were to come up to me and say:

Cute Kitty: Hello, want to be my mate?
Me: Hi and no, thank you.
Cute Kitty: Ok, bye then, have fun. -Scurries off-

A scene like that, I would be fine with. But this:

Cute kitty: Hello, want to be my mate?
Me: Hi and no, thank you.
Cute Kitty: Why are you so mean?!?! -Scurries off and throws body into the lake-

That's just awful. Yes, in reality, it's harmless since were on a virtual game, but you think about the audience around us. What are they getting out of this? I'm always just as concerned about the person begging and the people around me. Influence comes in varies forms and I dislike that people pick up on negating themselves, their character, and doing irrational things to others. 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »
Ah yes.... One as reported me to the MODS. It was an stuipd moron who was copying my friend just to by my chars mate/wife and join my rp. -.-'

<edi f me3> joker br my mate
<Joker ME3 > No.. Sorry... I have an "mate" and EDI DOES NOT look like that..She isnt pink..
<edi f me3> FINE IM REPORTING YOU TO THA MODS!!!!!!

After that she buttswinged over me and left. I am pretty sure she reported me, She has done this to others as well.
You should've taken a screenshot and reported them for buttswinging over you. That's breaking a pretty serious game rule, there.
Still don't like the fact that you're calling that user a "moron," though. More diplomatic terms could be used in place of that, and just let the story of that incident speak for you instead.

But anyway...

I agree, I've encountered the persistent and the dramatic mate-beggars before. Usually my worst cases aren't as bad of some of the experiences listed above, though. (Insanity's made me giggle a bit~)

However, my problem with the term "mate-beggar" is the fact that so many people skew exactly what makes a mate beggar.

Sure, someone who persistently gets on their fluffy knees and cries, pleads and threatens to do bad things (to you or themselves) for you to be their mate, that is most certainly a mate beggar. The scene-starters, essentially. Pretty much every experience listed in this thread is a good example of sincerely mate-begging.

But when some user just strolls into an area, or in a roleplay, and asks OOC, "Does anyone want to be my mate?"
It seems that the moment this happens, every previous conception of this user is thrown to the wind and replaced with--
"U MATE BEGGAR"
"Gross, mate beggars... Stay away from my char."
"GO BCK TO BONFIRE, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!"

Unless they're following everyone around and pestering them to be their mate, then I honestly don't think this is mate-begging. More like mate-asking? It was only a question, after all, and if no one takes, and they don't persist, then where on earth is the point of jumping to conclusions and trying to start a scene against this guy? In my opinion it doesn't make anyone much better than a dramatic, true-and-through mate-beggar.

So, this said, if everyone labeled a "mate-beggar" really was what they're labeled to be, then no, not every mate-beggar is like that. Some just pop the question, then move along, instead of starting a scene.

(But if you stick to the true definition, then.. Well. You've read the comments above mine, herp derp.)
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 11:52:55 pm »
It's weird, I have literally never encountered a mate beggar before. o.o (Obviously I've seen someone scream, "I NEED A MATE!!!1!" but no one has actually come up to me and personally ask me to be their mate.)
Farewell everyone<3