Author Topic: Are all Mate Beggars like this?  (Read 6450 times)

Offline FionaTheDragon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Age is just a number. We aren't numbers.
    • View Profile
Are all Mate Beggars like this?
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:00 pm »
So, just now, I am on my char, Aishu. I was just lazing around, F3ing the mate centre xD.

Then, this vixen came up to me and whispered me

<CENSORED USER NAME> COOL CHAR
<Me> Thank you.
<CENSORED USER NAME> why are u alone?
<CENSORED USER NAME> arent you bored?
<Me> Eh, I dunno. Yeah, Im bored. Im just laying here.
<CENSORED USER NAME> ok, ill tell u what, you make a fox char and join my group and then you be my mate.
<Me> Sorry... I appreciate your offer, but I don't really want to RP with females right now.
<CENSORED USER NAME> fine >:( your mean, i hate you
And she just ran off to the mate centre :I.

But, I notice every time you reject an illiterate person, they rage about it. I tell them 'no' nicely and kindly. But, they just rage O.O.

Does this happen all the time? Something else happened a long time ago while I was in Cape with my friend.

<CENSORED USER NAME> hi would u like to join my pack
<Me> No... sorry.
<CENSORED USER NAME> ur mean, i hope u die, go kill urself, now, i hate you

Anyone have had the same experience?

Offline ThatRandomRaichu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Just that awkward dork who hangs around SB
    • View Profile
Re: Are all Mate Beggars like this?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »
Ah, yes.

I've had quite a few experiences like that, with the Mate Begging, and the Group Member Thing and all. Usually... this does not happen. However, there are the users who just try and manipulate you after you've said no.

Don't worry friend, you aren't the only one.

Just ignore 'em and you'll be fine. ^-^

Offline kewlkiera

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • kewlkiera.exe has stopped working
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:52:12 pm »
Depends on how... desperate the person is for a mate. They can either be as you say, and rage about it afterwards, or they're a little embarrassed that they asked and walk away.
I've had this happen before, when I was on one of my characters. A person came up to me and sat beside me, then starting whispering me asking if I wanted to be their mate.
I tried to reject the offer as kindly as I could, and they simply said "Okay, thanks anyway." and walked away.
A useful tip is if you don't want any mate beggars, you can add into your biography that you're not interested in having a mate or (if pups/cubs are involved) offspring, as most people (or beggars in this case) are likely to read your biography first to make sure you're not... taken.
Why do they do it? I'm not entirely sure myself, but some people just want a mate faster than others who like a slow pace, or if they even want one at all.

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18:20 am »
Ah yes.... One as reported me to the MODS. It was an stuipd moron who was copying my friend just to by my chars mate/wife and join my rp. -.-'

<edi f me3> joker br my mate
<Joker ME3 > No.. Sorry... I have an "mate" and EDI DOES NOT look like that..She isnt pink..
<edi f me3> FINE IM REPORTING YOU TO THA MODS!!!!!!

After that she buttswinged over me and left. I am pretty sure she reported me, She has done this to others as well.
BOOM!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:29:04 pm »
Ugh, I've had this happen to me before.

(Random Person): I love your wolf
Me: Why thank you. I spent a lot of time working on it to get it's markings just right.
(Random Person): Will you be my mate? *Sits next to me*
Me: No thanks, I'm not looking for one at the moment.
(Random Person): Y U NO BE MY MATE. I WILL REPORT YOUUUUU. *Rage quits*

.-. Ok then...

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:54:11 am »

"And this, children, is a 7-year-old FeralHeart mate beggar doing what it does best: annoying people! Move along, now!"
Usernames are censored for protection/privacy. There is text on the picture explaining which sentence is mine, and which is the mate beggar's.
Now for the FULL story:
Well, as usual, I was on a new character. (Yeah. I spam characters everyday.) His name was Alkaios. Currently, I wasn't roleplaying... far from it, actually. Just sitting on top of the "TLK Den," like any normal floof. Chatting via whisper to a friend, to be exact... when all of a sudden, I get a whisper.
******* >> will you be my mate we are perfect for eachother (To be exact...)
******* << No thanks. I'm not currently looking for a mate.
Blah, blah, blah, you get the rest - it's up there, for heaven's sake.
So, yes, they continue this. "fine have it your way," followed by a big tantrum.
Darling, these little kids are EVERYWHERE. It's too dangerous to go to Bonfire anymore... take this.
-Hands codes for superugly character-
OHWAIT! I forgot the funny tantrums! :D

Soo, she proceeded to swearing and name-calling. Afterwards, her friend, I suppose, whispered me and called me a jerk for "dumping her."
Another of her friends tried to hook up with me.
ALL OF A SUDDEN, ALKAIOS WAS SURROUNDED BY CHICS! :O
Oh, and a random girl was screaming in my ear, "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" and stuff:

ANNND NOW FOR THE ICING ON THE CAKE:
Threats to beat me up via VIDEO GAMES!

As you can see, different people try to get at my annoyance. But take a good look at my non-capped replies.
Mainly calm, you see?
Threats, name-calling, AND mate-begging. C'mon, just go with the flow. It ticks them off, and makes them leave you alone, because they're not getting the results they wished for.

P.S.
The mate-beggar and her friends fled to Offline Land as though these words were garlic, and they were vampires:
"I have pictures of this. Don't make me send this to a moderator, or put it up on the website."
Ba-bam, instant log off!
(It wasn't too much of an issue, so I won't report it. It was simply 7-year-olds. They even logged back on, told me their age was 7, and logged off angrily.)
P.P.S
o3o I'm horribly sorry for SPAMMING Y'ALL WITH PICS. D'x I feel like a monstah! (But it was worth it. So funny.)
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:05 am »
Ahhah, those screenshots indeed made me laugh Insanity. I'm surprised you could handle all of that. Seems like they were a pawfull.

Like other individuals, I too have had my fair share of individuals walking up to me and requesting to be my mate. Most of the time when I reject them as gently as I can, they move on and leave me be. However there was one individual a long time ago who actually tried to beat me up IC-wise merely because I rejected her. Also another who followed my pixels all over South Pole trolling me until I would give in. Little did she know that I use the trusty printscreen button quite often and she was taken care of a few minutes after her multiple attempts to buttswing/headbang over poor Vesp.
Too bad I don't have the screenshots currently with me, for that'd make my tales more intriguing. Ah well, even though most mate beggars I come across seem pretty decent when it comes to rejection, there are always those who takes 'No' a bit too dramatic.
gone

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 08:49:22 am »
I love these kind of threads so much! (I was totally not stalking through all the stories and snort-laughing at the fails of derps XD)

I've substituted the name 'Bob' in for the male user, and 'Shaniqua' fr the female one c:

Me: -chills at SB on a new female char, doing my bio-
Bob: *sits beside* hello
Me: (jolts out of reverie) Hello there.
Bob: are u a female?
Me: (slightly insulted) I am indeed.
Bob: are you single?
Me: Yes...
Bob: my mate died and left alone im so lonely want to be mates
Me: No thank-you, I'm not looking for a mate right now. -moves away and sits on the other side-
Bob: oh ok your not that good looking anyway, your so mean i hate you im alone and you ignored me
Me: -remains silent-
Shaniqua (Bright pink wolf): I be ur mate, bob
Bob: -sudden Rp- the male wolf looked at the she and smiled 'wanna be mates' he said and blushed
Shaniqua: the she wolf licked her mates cheek
Bob: bob got up and licked his mate back 'wanna go to a cave' he said

-the two illits run off into the sunset-

Me: -Rolls on the ground laughing irl and stays that way for about 10 minutes-

Yup. C: XD

Offline ~|Cookie|~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 11:59:00 am »
Luckily I haven't ran into a mate begger just yet.

Amazing siggy by Rita! Thank you floof!
The amazing Derp!
Find me in game as ~|Cookie|~!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena