• parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Deer.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:19 am »
-le gives venison-
Yay! :D

As much as I love seeing people rping as animals other than wolves or lions or Warrior cats, it's just annoying that these people are rping as deer...but they don't seem to know anything about them other than that they live in herds and they eat grass and the males have antlers.

Not only does it make people who are trying to be creative look bad, it helps contribute to the general consensus that "anybody who doesn't rp as a canine or a feline is weird and should not be playing FeralHeart".

And it's a shame, because deer are very interesting animals that would make for great roleplay...if only this sudden spurt of "deer folks" actually knew what they were doing. A little Google search wouldn't kill ya, people!

But in all seriousness, I agree quite Well, It IS Creative, but to a point, if they behave and act like lions or wolves, why call yourself a deer?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
It's because the first deer is usually a stag, so the mate beggars think "OOH A STAG LETS GO BE HIS MATE" and it sort of .. escalates quickly. :| It happens all the time, and does sort of annoy me cause they speed up the chat like hell.
They also seem to act like they are friggin carnivorous or something. It's creative and everything, which is the whole point of imaginitive RPing, but you should learn about the animal before becoming one. ^^
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:10:45 pm by Zayelphi »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »
As much as I love seeing people rping as animals other than wolves or lions or Warrior cats, it's just annoying that these people are rping as deer...but they don't seem to know anything about them other than that they live in herds and they eat grass and the males have antlers.

Not only does it make people who are trying to be creative look bad, it helps contribute to the general consensus that "anybody who doesn't rp as a canine or a feline is weird and should not be playing FeralHeart".

And it's a shame, because deer are very interesting animals that would make for great roleplay...if only this sudden spurt of "deer folks" actually knew what they were doing. A little Google search wouldn't kill ya, people!

That's when I escape to the world of The Endless Forest. Even though there is no chat to communicate with people, there is no such thing as powerplaying and killing each other.
Inactive

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »

That's when I escape to the world of The Endless Forest. Even though there is no chat to communicate with people, there is no such thing as powerplaying and killing each other.

Endless forest?  I heard of that, owo

But back to the subject, Yes, Do your research, you might just learn something! =^.^=
I did the same with Hyenas.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »
FH's deers seem like they don't belong to any deer species in themselves. It's like everyone's basing their deer off the young Bambi. C'mon guys. Some research on that doesn't hurt, especially when it comes to realism. And deers becoming carnivore isn't for today. No, they won't decide to hunt because of some false sign given by a NY zoo Koala plushie. Really.

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »
My point exactly. I actually saw the same two deer hunting birds, and the birds were like, "Wtf? 8I"

It gets old, having to point out that... well... um... deer don't eat meat.
A little research goes a long way in FeralHeart, doods. x'D
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline wolfdragonplasma

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »
If the situation calls for it, herbivores can and will turn carnivorous.  There have been observations of deer taking their fill from carrion.  There have even been some that turned predator and hunted for fish, frogs, and even birds.

Here's something that I found that you may be interested in reading:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/11/deer_eat_meat_herbivores_and_carnivores_are_not_so_clearly_divided.html
Yo :3

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »
If the situation calls for it, herbivores can and will turn carnivorous.  There have been observations of deer taking their fill from carrion.  There have even been some that turned predator and hunted for fish, frogs, and even birds.

Here's something that I found that you may be interested in reading:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/11/deer_eat_meat_herbivores_and_carnivores_are_not_so_clearly_divided.html

yes, but, they are acting like wolves do, and lions, not hungry deer searching for food.
And they powerplay while doing so.
And, those videos, are they from a trustable source?  Because the deer that come around my house, even in winter, don't touch meat.  Ever.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline wolfdragonplasma

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »
I guess it all depends on where you live.  I myself have never seen herbivores that are hunters, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen elsewhere.

Even squirrels, who we all know eat things like nuts and seeds most of the time, can also turn predator and eat things like insects, eggs, and sometimes even other small rodents.

And, not every carnivorous ungulate is a powerplayer.  I know a few who actually play rather literately, and powerplaying is a big no for them.  So lumping them all together and calling them all powerplayers isn't exactly fair, is it not?
Yo :3