• EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Deer.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 10:43:05 pm »
I guess it all depends on where you live.  I myself have never seen herbivores that are hunters, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen elsewhere.

Even squirrels, who we all know eat things like nuts and seeds most of the time, can also turn predator and eat things like insects, eggs, and sometimes even other small rodents.

And, not every carnivorous ungulate is a powerplayer.  I know a few who actually play rather literately, and powerplaying is a big no for them.  So lumping them all together and calling them all powerplayers isn't exactly fair, is it not?

So, being near where the coldest of all Winters in the U.S., deer don't get desperate.(And next to a large lake to Boot)

And, I think most people know that Squirrels eat eggs, they are not herbivores in the sense that other animals are.

And I said 'the main lot of them', not All of them.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:34 am »
I guess we can all agree that animals like deer will occasionally eat flesh, and not always when they're hungry or desperate (judging by the videos I posted).

It's probably just them supplementing their diets with extra protein...

However, it doesn't give these "carnivorous deer" any excuses to be powerplayers.

I was hanging around by the Cape Portal in Fluorite one time, and some deer were advertising a herd made up of warrior deer who hunted wolves as a rite of passage. I personally thought it was an interesting concept, but a lot of folks were giving those deer flak.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline DancingWithDeath

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I'm just a scenecore sparkledog lmao (P.L.U.R.!)
    • Mayahzdog09
    • myspace-dot-com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »
I guess we can all agree that animals like deer will occasionally eat flesh, and not always when they're hungry or desperate (judging by the videos I posted).

However, it doesn't give these "carnivorous deer" any excuses to be powerplayers.

I was hanging around by the Cape Portal in Fluorite one time, and some deer were advertising a herd made up of warrior deer who hunted wolves as a rite of passage. I personally thought it was an interesting concept, but a lot of folks were giving those deer flak.
I dont allow carnivorous deer in my unfinished rp.
If this post was made before June 2015, STOP! My views have changed since then.
Ingame as Mayahzdog09, DancingWithDeath, or Midnight 12!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:40 pm »

Yes, its a very interesting concept, but no, The deer are not being seen 'Attacking' animals, just general road kill and small stuff,

NOT HUNTING THME DOWN LIKE CRIMINALS!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:31:46 am by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

~Firepool~

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 01:24:18 am »

Oh my god the deer.
Okai children, story time from yours truly.

So, I happened to be strolling around FP, chatting with some friends, stuff like that. And suddenly, we stumble across this huge herd of deer. We were all on canine or felines at the time, so the herd ended up getting spooked and running off. I ended up having to log off and decided to come on early next morning like I usually do. Unfortunately, I didn't see any deer again, so that was sad.

Offline Lunatia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2013, 04:31:09 am »
I've never seen a deer in FH yet... *goes to make a deer*

Lol, but that's funny.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 11:20:59 pm »
I see them constantly, being a coyote I start to "hunt" them. In other words I walk up to them and get Power Played.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline shiftyglob

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Rawr, I'm Megatron!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 01:01:56 am »
I have seen a lot of deer in bonfire the past two months, they're normally on the side opposite the hill, mingling with all the horses. Though when ever I head over in that direction, I hardly ever see power playing or illiterate deer, there are a few of course, but mostly the only problem they seem to have is that they haven't researched deer at all so they don't know their behavior. Most of them are quite polite with the predators who want to hunt them, and I have only seen a few incidents when they try to chase anyone away from their role play.. Though I do have to admit, a deer walking up to a dragon and trying to chase it off by growling at it is a little weird, but I have also seen horses and sea lions do the same, so what ever.

Personally I think if the people are all having fun together playing deer (or anything else), then there is no problem with the amount, as long as they keep things civil and don't try to force people away with insults and bad attitude.
"Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to confront fear"

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 02:39:30 am »
There everywhere in my neighborhood... but I must admit, I have never seen one in the lands of FH
Signature by Adelish

Offline DancingWithDeath

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I'm just a scenecore sparkledog lmao (P.L.U.R.!)
    • Mayahzdog09
    • myspace-dot-com
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 02:43:58 am »
I wish deer never ate flesh.
If this post was made before June 2015, STOP! My views have changed since then.
Ingame as Mayahzdog09, DancingWithDeath, or Midnight 12!