Author Topic: Excuse me, what time is it?  (Read 2247 times)

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
Excuse me, what time is it?
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:37:38 pm »
Have you ever gone on Feral Heart and realized it is one of the WORST places to ask the time.
1: I g2g soon, it's 8:45 PM.
2: Really? It's 3:00 where I'm at.
3: 17:47 PM here.
1: o___o Where the heck do you guys live?
etc, etc.... (Disclaimer: Not actual times, just made up)

I remember my cousin asking for the time ingame, I forgot to tell him this was a worldwide game XD
I was just curious on why everyone feels the need to mention their time zone...it's weird, yet interesting.

So....What time is it?
TIME FOR YOU TO GET A WATCH >:U

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Excuse me, what time is it?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:50:22 pm »
I always think the time is funny. It can be awfully different sometimes...

But its insane how drastically different it can be sometimes!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:54:53 pm »
It is 4:45 here.  :p
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:23 pm »
I usually mention my time zone when I say the time. Sometimes I'll convert it into the other three United States time-zones and say all four times. If you don't live in the United States, I can't really help you then; mainly because I don't really know the time-zones beyond it.

So I'll usually say something like: I got to go at 6:00 Central time (4:00 Pacific, 5:00 Mountain, 7:00 Eastern)

Sometimes its fun to try and guess where people live by their time-zones. In game I've met people from all across North America, and even Australia and Britain, it's pretty cool.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:08:15 am »
I think its important, at least in a RP context to know what timezone someone is in so you know when they're available. Now while I don't take part or lead any groups anymore, I remember it being very important not just to me but to everyone so that a decent time for us to meet up could be arranged. Because lets face it, if you want to meet up at 5:00 PM (17:00) on a given day but the majority of your group members live in another time zone and its 2:00 Am for them when its 5:00PM for you... that's a problem and its good to know so you can fix it.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:12:21 am »
I think its important, at least in a RP context to know what timezone someone is in so you know when they're available.

Fully agree with you, things would get all messed up if many people didn't show up for the time arrangement. It must be hard for those living in the Eastern part, since the Western area has a different time management. 

Time zones are very confusing things here on Feral heart, but luckily, Flobby has made a lovely guide to our time zones. <3

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 02:21:10 am »
I personally find it amusing how individuals worldwide can all connect together in this virtual game. Though I do agree that the time zones can be a bit of a hassle. For example, it's 2:21:18 AM way over here yet if I go in-game, I know individuals who claim it's only 9:30 PM. I also agree with Silhouette on her input about the importance of knowing another's time zones when arranging an event rp-wise.
All in all, I find the difference in time intriguing and sometimes it's amusing to witness floofs from all over the world intermingle in sheer curiosity generally because of the time.
gone

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:11:32 am »
The difference in time-frames is always the divider for either when people respond to one another or when they are active. It's always a bit of a tedious situation when you can only speak to someone for a few minutes before they go to bed and you get ready for school at that same time. Once you at least understand time-frames, it's not too much to handle, really just comes to time management. For example, on some mornings I get up directly at 5:00 am because the person I wanted to get in contact with goes to bed at 8:45 pm. It's all about knowing what time you get on and what time they get off. ~ Conquer time!   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 08:26:23 pm »
Glad you all have your opinions on it :D.

@Queen Chrysalis: I have friends from Brazil, Europe, I even have a friend that lives in a city right next to mine. It's like every time someone mentions their time, everyone else wants to chime in and we end up knowing each other alot more :3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:28:13 pm by DevilBurgers »

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer