Author Topic: The Legend of Spyro, Dawn of the Dragon  (Read 6593 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
The Legend of Spyro, Dawn of the Dragon
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:24:26 pm »

Let's talk about The Legend of Spyro, Dawn of the Dragon. It is a game, developed by Sierra Entertainment and released in 2008, where we continue the series of Spyro with Cynder as a playable character. Those who are familiar with the series would know where the story leaves off. (I tend to prefer the Spyro games before the "Legend" deal, but I digress.) This game is one of my "favorites" considering it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

This is only known Spyro game where you can fly about freely in the world, which I thought was pretty neat. The combat is somewhat ok-ish, depending on your taste. The environment is beautiful, but it sometimes get shunned out from the limited platform nature. If this would be the "last" Spyro made, I think it should have at least been a balanced open-world game with a variety of places to fly and explore. That would have been great. The bosses were a bit of a disappointment, in my opinion. You basically fight the same gaint, beast and the last with Malefor. I think this boss is really the only one who at least put up a bit of a fight for the first half.

The Legend of Spyro, Dawn of the Dragon, for me, is again, just a simple game to pass the time, fly, collect objects, and max out the characters for fun. It could have been better, but it is what it is.

How about you? Was it fun, was it average, boring? What do you all think about the game?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:35:48 pm by FoxPhilosopher »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Sypro, Dawn of the Dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
I absolutely loved this game! I think it's safe to say that I was obsessed with it xD I got it on PS2, but the graphics on that version weren't nearly as good as PS3 or Xbox 360. My friend down the road bought the Xbox version of it, and I remember constantly going over to his house to play. He was always Spyro and I always played as Cynder.
Then one day, he traded it in for something. There were no words for how devastated I was. But at least I could still play it at home.
Haven't been on it in years....must have played all the way through it about 10 times already xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Spyro, Dawn of the Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Yeah, when I first played for both the PS2 and Xbox 360, the graphics were very different, even some of the effects. Like notice when the golem bashes the column into the wall after Spyro and Cynder escape. On the Xbox, it breathes fire at the wall, but on the PS2, it doesn't. Little things like that, but not anything that's not tolerable, lol.   

And I never trade my games anymore, lol. I just keep the games, even if they're bad, for the heck of it. Hey, you never know when you want to play a particular game for longer than one day. 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
Yeah I noticed that too.
I've traded in some games before because I hadn't been on them in like...years xD and I didn't like them that much. But I think my Spyro games are ones that I'll be keeping for a while :) I still like to go on them every now and then just for funz, and so many members are linked to them.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline thelostwolf12345

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • tonight im gonna bury the boys in my backyard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »
my reaction to this thread through youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvaoeqNLNtM

i am in love with the legend of spyro games havent played it for a while but i allways find myself looking at fanart of it at points but i keep it a secret cause these people from highschool bully me cause i love dragons and animals lets say they call me dragon so much to the point seeing or hearing the word dragon makes me flinch but never the less i LOVE the spyro games
i get shocked as hell when my girl issues start!

"no no no no no its allright i probally cut myself no no no no im allright! ok lets go swimming.... wheres my white pants?"

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:42 pm »
Lol, there is always going to be that game you like, but just haven't played in a while. To the point where you have to do a double take when it's name it uttered as you said, Wolf. XD -is guilty- 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 11:42:01 am »
I own every Spyro game ever made. I got this one when it first came out years ago and I think it's.... meh. They kind of killed Spyro in the newer 'Legend' ones. And who's idea was it to let Frodo be the voice of Spyro? HONESTLY PEOPLE! That dragon is a bad ass, how dare you make him sound like a poof!!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 12:14:03 pm »
...I quite liked them using Elijah Wood's voice

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 05:36:31 am »
My playthrough was with my sister, we both have extremely different attitudes when it comes to most video games, however this one was simple enough for her -ah- lack of prowness at games and on occasion provided something that kept it from getting dull for me. Our copy was for the wii (waggling was minimal however) and perhaps because of this it was a little glichy, though the glitches rarely impeaded our progress badly.

Anyway gonna cut that bit of incoherent short, it was a interesting game - still is as my sister and I on ocassion still play through a few of the levels -she still can't figure out wall running. Over all in my opion it was a pleasant game, no Snake eater but definatly not a Homecomeing.

I am not sorry for metal gear/silent hill referances

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:11:16 am »
Yeah, I think it's usually better to play in co-op on whatever console you have. Least then you'd have another person to confide in if the game glitches, lol.   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka