Author Topic: Rape jokes.  (Read 4364 times)

Offline DrLecter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • +_what do you see behind closed eyes_+
    • View Profile
Rape jokes.
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:03:39 am »
Rape jokes, a common issue I see every day on FH.
They are not cute, nor are they funny. Rape jokes are disgusting, and rape is a serious subject, and should be addressed as such. I see people screaming about "LOL RAEP" at least once a day in the game, the worst of it being in Bonfire Island. To me, it's the absolute worst thing about FH.

ZombieKitteh

Re: Rape jokes.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:32:01 am »
I actually left a roleplay today because of this. Someone was joking about rape and I asked them to stop because it wasn't a joke. They kept at it so I left. Ofcourse they began pm'ing me throwing insults on how immature I was being.. but really what society today has deemed as ok to joke about is really.. low.

It's jsut like making jokes about sexual orientation or mental disabilities. It's not ok to do. Not at all.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:10:15 am »
I actually left a roleplay today because of this. Someone was joking about rape and I asked them to stop because it wasn't a joke. They kept at it so I left. Ofcourse they began pm'ing me throwing insults on how immature I was being.. but really what society today has deemed as ok to joke about is really.. low.

It's jsut like making jokes about sexual orientation or mental disabilities. It's not ok to do. Not at all.
In that case, I believe you had an opportunity to screenshot it and report them for harassment, which I hope you did! I get sick of seeing this in Feralheart, honestly, that person who was PMing you and saying that you were being immature, they themselves were being immature by overusing such old jokes.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:11:55 am »
That happens E-VE-RY-DA-Y to me. It's not funny really... Once I was with Feareh and a kid came there and said "raps jagur and ruz awaiz"... It wasn't funny. Most of these "rape jokers" are kids who don't have a brain or something ~_~
I absolutely hate this. For example, when I pretend to be BRB in Bonfire and when anyone (really, anyone, even my friends) is coming on my way I always move. Dx They didn't read the rules... I hoped there was a "Read the rules" after logging in your account for the first time. The "Have read 'em all!" would appear after 2 minutes or something to give time... Meh, I know people will just wait 2 minutes and boom -.- but I don't think this' a bad idea.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 01:02:36 pm »
People don't understand what is behind the word "rape". They think it's all fun and laughable, but I don't think they really understand how it feels. Seriously, it's not funny and it's offensive. People need to realize that instead of trying to look "cool", they're really immature and are setting a bad example. I don't understand this at all, and personally, I think it's hurtful and rude.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 01:34:07 pm »
Rape is a serious matter and shouldn't be taken lightly. I say people who joke about it are insensitive with very little thought for others, and probably don't even know what rape actually is. Someone could very easily be offended or hurt by a rape joke, since very often people don't know what has happened to a person in their life.
People shouldn't be bringing up such inappropriate subjects, do doing these inappropriate things. While a lot of people of different ages play this game, it is aimed at young people, which means we'd much appreciate it if people steered away from adult topics, such as rape.
Help keep this game a friendly one by reporting situations like these.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline thelostwolf12345

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • tonight im gonna bury the boys in my backyard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 02:50:06 pm »
oh dear god rape jokes i once got to play feral heart at a friends house with her account and i layed there for a few minutes i fell asleep.... and when i woke up there where like 10 people buttswining on me so i typed "OMG what the heck are you doing get off me thats odd stop it or i will keep on talking" they replyed with "lol raep iz funneh" and then ran off

ugh kids these day even im more mature then them
i get shocked as hell when my girl issues start!

"no no no no no its allright i probally cut myself no no no no im allright! ok lets go swimming.... wheres my white pants?"

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 04:19:49 pm »
Even being in a house with someone who would probably go near that direction in jokes, I hate these jokes a lot. There has been a lot of things stated here that I'm agreeing with, rape is way worse than what they think too. Why do people absolutely have to joke about this?

I don't think I have to say any more, you get my point I'm sure.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 04:47:17 pm »
It's too common that people make these kinds of jokes that are distasteful. Also, considering what kind of audience that the game is targeted to. Ironically, like Kijiako said, it's mostly the younger crowd who joke about rape, older players included. No matter how old you are, your maturity is entirely based on what you do. This kind of "adult humor" shouldn't have had light to this platform to begin with. It's simply inappropriate when subject matters like these are taken for humor or "wanting to be cool."
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 05:18:19 pm »
So far people seem to think these jokes are funny because society these days are getting used to things they shouldn't be, less morals and less mentality for some reason. But there are a few who do still have morals and those who do, I applaud you, those who want to work for a living, have a family, wish only the best upon others and don't do offensive jokes than thank you, because its those type of people who need to inspire not just us but others who like this crude humor. Otherwise if you think that these jokes are funny and you yourself don't learn from mistakes like this than please, leave the others alone. There have been cases where people were sexual abused, and we don't know when it has happened, but if it was recent, these jokes are highly offensive and cause severe dramatic experiences for people, its nothing of laughing matter because of that. Things that joke about transgenders and all, I ignore even though I am one, hell I made a few jokes about it too, but nothing that was forced on a person or to make fun of a person other than myself and if anyone is ever offended I immediately apologize and move to the topic of something else, that is always the few rules and guidelines I follow anyways so why not others. They are simple steps no?