Author Topic: Floppy ears  (Read 7512 times)

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
Floppy ears
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »

Hello there, guys!
This is just a thought that came up to my mind.
So, yesterday I saw a roleplay canine character with floppy ears. And honestly, it was the first character with floppy ears I've  ever seen /except the trollers and newbies of course/. I'm wondering why don't people use floppy ears? Like, they do, but not that much like the ripped ears, or the back ears. Yes, the floppy ears are not very realistic, but they are given for usage so they are supposed to be used. My question towards you is what makes you not use the floppy ears? Or if you have a character with floppy ears, why not show it to us?

AlphaEclipse

Re: Floppy ears
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »
I have noticed this before. I rarely see charities with floppy ears, myself not using them. Heh, I'm not sure what animals would go with floppy ears though. Maybe some breeds of dogs, and maybe a made up species.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »
Uh, I don't know if you're talking about the ears with the tips flopped, or the actual floppy ears....
But anyway, I'm just going to assume it doesn't look very...."dog like" so to speak. Kind of like hot dog buns stuck to the sides of your face :3 (No offence to those that use floppy ears).

Plus, most players on FH are playing as wolves, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any wolves with large floppy ears... That, or in perspective those ears are way bigger than the other ones, which make them look different.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline PlushOldHorse

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • chickenwings
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »
The reason I think most people don't use the floppy ears is that there pretty hard to pull off in my opinion. I've seen about 2 characters in the time that I've played FH that made a great looking character and they were both dogs if I remember correctly. And in agreement with DevilBurgers most people do play as wolves on FH.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:37 am »
True, it's not every day you see a decent-looking character with the floppy ears (what I mean by "decent-looking" is that they aren't trolls, just so I don't offend anyone). My guess is that people don't like them, it doesn't look good with their characters, or they simply aren't on a species that has them; which of course, there aren't many species with the floppy ears. I'd say that the only species they are most commonly used on are dog breeds like bloodhounds, bunnies (yes canine model), and sometimes I'll see a wolf with them. I personally like the sharp ears, so I rarely use the others. xD But I do remember creating a character with the floppy ears, and it looked purrrty.

But I'd defiantly like to see more variety to peoples' characters. ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 01:33:52 am »
They just don't appeal to me.
My only 'dog' characters do not have them because of this.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 05:20:34 am »
I have to agree with Poh, its rather hard to pull off.

I have a picture of my character Lirit here. She's a shape shifter, depicted here in hound-form. Her appearance is loosely based off of a dog I used to have, Piddles, who was a dauschund and chow mix. (So needless to say, she looked "interesting" to begin with) Piddle's ears were more triangular but these were almost as good and I was putting my own twist on it anyway.

So far this is the only floppy-eared character I have kept. Most of the time if I make anything with floppy ears, they're about half the size I make the other ears, which is huge. Otherwise, if you make them too big they do look like hotdog buns. Thankfully shrinking them and ear markings help make it a little clearer as to what they are.

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 05:52:45 am »
I think that perhaps if this game had a few more dog rps than we'd see a much larger number of floppy ear characters and etc, infact I think I've only used floppy ears once as a joke because there was a Naruto fan named Kiba, so I made a Akamaru with floppy ears and he pretended to ride my back like the characters from shippuden would. So yeah, only time i've ever used them, and I haven't seen a single floppy ear character in like an year now that you mention it. ._. Scary...

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 06:45:57 am »
Most people never use these floppy ears since most of the community roleplays as wolves and "feral" canines, or the ears just look stupid to them. One of my fursonas, Canem, is a goat/wolf demon and she actually has very long, floppy ears so they came in handy.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 08:44:22 am »
I like using the bent ears but not so much the floppy ears.. I've never used them on a character to this day. I think real dogs with floppy ears are cute, but just.. the mesh is so awkward looking. It's angled wrong and just looks weird on here. Maybe if they'ed rotate it abit or- I dunno.