Author Topic: "Failed to export 'Map title here'"?!  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
"Failed to export 'Map title here'"?!
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:19 pm »
Hey guys, I had just finished a week's worth of a really good map I'm proud of, and it exported fine the first time. I uploaded it to mediafire and everything. But I downloaded another map shortly after and replaced everything it asked me to in exports. Then when I went to my map I made, all the meshes from my folder, "MyPlants" where gone. And now when I try to re-export the map it says "Failed to export"
Please help
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: "Failed to export 'Map title here'"?!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:19 am »
When you downloaded the map, did it by any chance ask you to replace a file or two? If yes, and if you did, then those files for the two maps could be completely different. One file could have easily messed up the other file (and yes, you can only have one file of the myplants or any other one) and the map. And for your second problem, there could be a file in that other map you downloaded that could have caused a map exporting problem. If that map had any particles of any kind, go to your particle folder and delete any files ending in _0 _1 etc. Hope this helps.
Farewell everyone<3

ZombieKitteh

Re: "Failed to export 'Map title here'"?!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:40:23 am »
Unless the map you downloaded had .object files (object groups) you should be able to export the map fine. Do the meshes show up in the map maker or only when you go into the map and test it?