Author Topic: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... [Inactive since 06/12/2013]  (Read 7638 times)

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... [Inactive since 06/12/2013]
« on: October 23, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »
Hey, everyone. It's me, Saharah and I've made this Rp in honour of one of my dearest friends, DarkPetal. We all lost her a few weeks ago and the tragedy inspired me to create this Rp. I have taken a few little snips of other Rp's and books to make my own plot, so here goes...

"Hidden in the world we live in, there are beings of immense power. They all posses their own ability in which only matches to one other than themselves.
Their soulmate.
Many of these beings, named the Fallen Ones, never find their soulmate and never have their power revealed to themselves. But the few who are lucky, meet their match and their powers collide, creating a bond between the two that can only be broken by one of the most powerful forces on the planet. Death."

Contents

Post 1: Introduction and Contents

Post 2: The Fallen Ones

Post 3: Rules and Questions Answered

Post 4: Form and Characters

Post 5: Plot, Mini-Plot and Extra Stuff

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:03:09 pm by Scallywag »

"Trust my rage."

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... (The Fallen Ones)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:56:02 am »

The Fallen Ones

The Fallen Ones are not born, they just appear. If you ever see a shooting star, that is a Fallen One 'falling'. All of these beings never seem to have any memory of their journey to earth. The Fallen Ones look exactly like your average human, yet they each have a set of wings that they can only reveal on a full moon uncontrollably. They appear the age they will spend the rest of their lives in, which ranges from the age of 40 to the age of 6. Many say that the Fallen Ones are immortal, they are wrong when they say that. There is only one thing that can ever kill a Fallen One. The breaking of the bond.

When they fall, Fallen Ones are gifted with a power that is unknown to them until they come into contact with their soulmate. Their soulmate is the only other Fallen One to have the same power as them, and once it is discovered, it can be used effortlessly by the pair.

Fallen Ones do not go around asking each and every one of their own kind if that's their soulmate. That would be reckless. At one touch of the skin, they will just know if they are the one. With a soulmate comes a bond that can never be broken. The bond is to never purposefully cause any harm to their soulmate. If this is done, the punishment is death. There are no exceptions.

"Trust my rage."

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... (Rules and Questions Answered)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »
Rules

- No Godmodding, Powerplaying or anything like that. It tends to be quite common in this type of roleplay, and gets on everybody's nerves. If you don't know what Godmodding or Powerplaying are, here are some examples:

Powerplaying- Floof: How dare you! -Leaps on top and crushes skull, no miss-

A simple way to avoid this is to either make it as if your character is trying to hurt the other, but also include at least a small flaw in the attack, like this:

Floof: "How dare you!" She jumped on top of the attacker, but the uneven forest floor caused her to be slightly off balance and she didn't know if she would be able to reach her opponent or land on the ground next to them.

This gives your opponent the option of whether they want their character to be hit or not. Another way of preventing Powerplaying is to not fight in the first place! But, I will not say that it is against the rules to fight.

Godmodding: Floof1: He dug his knife deeper into the enemy's leg, hoping to delay them from attacking.
Floof2: She didn't feel the knife as it cut through her flesh and she shoved the man away, ripping the blade from her leg. She turned and ran away faster than anyone ever before.

As you can see, Godmodding and Powerplaying are very similar. But an easy way to prevent it is to slow down your character's movements if they are injured, maybe making them cry out in pain like this:

Floof2: Her eyes widened as the blade cut through the flesh of her leg like it was butter. She let out a sharp gasp and attempted to push the man away, buying enough time for her to close her eyes and wrench the knife from her leg in spite of the pain. She used her last burst of energy and tried to make a slow escape, limping heavily as she ran.

- If you want your character to be soulmates with someone else's character, they must be roughly the same age. Then, you can ask the owner of the character nicely and it's up to them.

- Hate the character, not the player. I cannot stress this enough! I have seen a countless number of roleplays where two characters in the roleplay don't get along and it leads to the users disagreeing.

- There must be at least four characters of each gender for the Rp to open, even then, the genders must be even.

- I don't mind if two soulmates were of the same gender, as long as its okay with both of the users. That's why you must include the word 'bond' anywhere in your app. Make sure it's hidden!

- Remember, the only two Fallen Ones with the same powers must be soulmates, and the users must agree on that power as well. If you have any issues with your character's and their soulmate's power discuss it with the owner of your character's soulmate.

- I have to be strict with this, so your posts must be at least 4 sentences long. If you have a severe case of writer's block, the minimum is 2 lines, but don't spam the thread saying 'Short' or 'Writer's block'.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:57:59 pm by Saharah »

"Trust my rage."

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... (Form and Characters)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:05:30 pm »
Form!

Code: [Select]
  [center][color=#808080]{{Nickname Here}}[/color]?[color=teal]Name Here[/color]?[color=#808080]{{Age Here}}[/color]
        [img]Picture%20or%20Gif%20Here[/img]

[color=#808080]"Quote or personal saying here."[/color][/center]

---------------[color=#808080][font=script]Who am I?[/font][/color]
        [color=#808080].}Name[/color] [i][color=teal]What is your character's name?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Age[/color] [i][color=teal]How old is your character?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Gender[/color] [i][color=teal]Is your character male or female?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Birth Date[/color] [i][color=teal]When was your character born?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Occupation[/color] [i][color=teal]Does your character have a job?[/color][/i]

--------------- [color=#808080][font=script]Looking in a Mirror...[/font][/color]
        [color=#808080].}Height[/color] [i][color=teal]How tall is your character? (This is optional)[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Eye Color[/color] [i][color=teal]What colour are your character's eyes?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Hair Color[/color] [i][color=teal]What colour is your character's hair?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Body Modifications[/color] [i][color=teal]Does your character have any tattoos, piercings etc?[/color][/i]

--------------- [color=#808080][font=script]Love...[/font][/color]
        [color=#808080].}Crush[/color] [i][color=teal]Who are your characters love interests?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Boyfriend/Girlfriend[/color] [i][color=teal]Is your character in a relationship with anyone at the moment?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Exes[/color] [i][color=teal]Has your character been in a relationship with anyone before?[/color][/i]

---------------[color=#808080] [font=script]What Lies Beneath...[/font][/color]
        [color=#808080].}Personality[/color] [i][color=teal]What are your character's traits?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}One Word That Defines You[/color] [i][color=teal]Just one![/color][/i]

--------------- [color=#808080][font=script]Personal Favourites...[/font][/color]
        [color=#808080].}Phone[/color] [i][color=teal]What type of phone does your character have? [/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Pets[/color] [i][color=teal]Does your character have any pets?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Normal Style[/color] [i][color=teal]What kind of clothes does your character tend to wear?[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Room[/color] [i][color=teal]What colour is your character's room? A picture is optional.[/color][/i]
        [color=#808080].}Anything Else?[/color] [i][color=teal][/color][/i]
Credits go to GotSalt for the main form, I made a few changes to it so that I wouldn't be stealing it xD

Characters

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:58:47 pm by Saharah »

"Trust my rage."

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... (Plot, Mini-Plot and Extra Stuff)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:53:04 pm »

Plot

As the Fallen Ones continue the struggle to stay hidden in the human world, an organisation that have been trained to exterminate all supernatural beings have found evidence of the existence of Fallen Ones. All of these beings are joining together, ready to fight for the survival of their kind. A few 'camps' have been set up, where the Fallen Ones can be safe. But it is extremely hard to get in. You must leave all of your family and friends behind in search of your soulmate to prove to the gatekeepers of the camp that you are one of them.

Weather:
 Sunny with a cool breeze. Small chance of rain in the later afternoon, but the warm weather will stay around for the rest of the week.
Time:
Mid-August, Thursday, around 8am.      
Mini-Plot:
Nothing, so far.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:27:53 pm by Saharah »

"Trust my rage."

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Soulmates <3 Where Love is Blind... (Accepting!)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:59:38 pm »
-Save-

"Trust my rage."

Offline Proquail

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 07:03:18 am »

{{Ace}}?Acerlon?{{23}}

"We'll never be royals."

---------------Who am I?
        .}Name Acerlon
        .}Age 23
        .}Gender Male
        .}Birth Date Jan. 15th
        .}Occupation Singer/Songwriter

--------------- Looking in a Mirror...
        .}Height 6'0
        .}Eye Color Brown
        .}Hair Color Black
        .}Body Modifications N/A

--------------- Love...
        .}Crush None
        .}Boyfriend/Girlfriend None
        .}Exes None

--------------- What Lies Beneath...
        .}Personality Ace is a man of quiet and shy attributes. he does rarely speaks to anyone, and if he does it is a simple answer to whatever question they have asked him. Some consider him to be mute, but he only feels as if something is missing in his life. He feels a connection to another, so strong, but he could never find out who or what. He usually sits inside coffee shops and drinks mochas, pondering on about life itself. He is anxiety ridden, scared of what ever is to come next in life. He has heard rumors of the government, and it provokes him just that much more everyday.
        .}One Word That Defines You Scared

--------------- Personal Favourites...
        .}Phone LG Optimus
        .}Pets A small chameleon
        .}Normal Style It is almost always a white t-shirt with straight fit jeans, and a pair of simple black vans. he often carries around his sunglasses in hopes to hide the fear in his eyes.
        .}Room Black, grey and white.
        .}Anything Else? N/A

' L O V E.

Offline RedRedRose

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 08:04:53 pm »
Accepted! Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation for a while and didn't have any Internet. Thanks for joining!

"Trust my rage."

Offline Proquail

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 12:40:04 am »
Glad to join! :)

' L O V E.

Offline W00gi

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Look me dead in the eye and tell me lies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:28:06 am »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:00:26 am by |~|******|~||~|******|~| »
Life is just a loop, untill you get too tiered to continue