Author Topic: Assumptions  (Read 2819 times)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
Assumptions
« on: November 01, 2013, 03:04:00 am »
Has anyone ever had anything just... assumed about them? Things that aren't even true? Like... maybe you have a brother or a sister, or any family member, and people assume and accuse that you're the same person. Or something similar to that. Or, maybe you're a male wolf with pink hair, and people automatically assume you're gay. You know... assumptions like that.

I find it quite... irritating. Why do people just come up and assume such things?

~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
Re: Assumptions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:22:00 am »
Hmm, well a lot of people judge people by first impression, I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
Some people just jump to conclusions without thinking first. I've seen plenty of pink haired male wolves, and what goes through my mind is, "Wow...that's unique X3".

Seems pretty pathetic and illogical to guess someone's sexuality based off of their hair color -_-.
That's like someone telling you their favorite food and then thinking about what their house looks like....it makes no sense XD.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:30:06 am by DevilBurgers »

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 04:08:34 am »
XDDDD I was actually called gay once because my wolf was purple... but it was purple because I was Vio Link form Four Swords! Not because I'm gay... ;w;

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 08:38:53 am »
Ohhh. how I love assumptions and stereotyping. Not.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53:44 am »
Mm yes something like this had happened quite a few times to me. Either somebody mistook my gender simply by looks or called me a powerplayer/godmodder on some fantasy characters of mine. *Shakes head* Not nice, I tell you. ;u;

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 04:51:25 pm »
I find it especially annoying when people accuse you and family members of being the same person. That's happened to me waaaay too many times. XD

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »
When you say they accuse you of being the same person, do you mean that you share an account with a brother/sister, so they think you are the same person? Because that is quiet understandable. Since an account is meant to be privet, for one persons use, it is rare that it will be shared account, so people just assume it is the same person, which is completely logical.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 06:54:51 pm »
It's easy to be assumed to be something or behave someway through stereotyping of popular culture and people you may surround yourself with. What people often fail to realize is that everyone is individualized and have their own mind. Just because you hang with a certain group of people, speak a certain way, create your character a certain way, doesn't mean it comes to the conclusion that, "Oh, you're this! And you must be that way cause you do whatever." It's actually more offensive than annoying.     
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »
I understand, once I told a roleplayer that they had nice skills. They used the word ivories. [Wolf-speak meaning for teeth .] But that's all. I don't do wolf-speak. But they did have good skills. And someone said these exact words. "You two are merely literate and wolf-speakers. So I am blocking you both." I hate wolf-speak. I hate using it. I felt offended at how easily someone can just do that. It ruffs me up the wrong way.
Love you all <3

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »
Actually, no. They don't accuse me because it's a shared account. It's just because there is more than one account from the same IP... so what? We share an IP because we live in the same house. There is such thing as siblings and family. ._.

Though; This account is shared between me and my bros. But that's because we are an RP account of the Links. But I have had accounts on other sites in which is was not shared, and I have been accused.

Besides...Imtheonlyonewhoreallyusesthisaccountanyways.

~Vio
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:34:03 pm by TheFourLinks »